Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

While in the #1's....nothing from kit required. Upon transplanting ..start with a Transplant Drench...then plain water....then again with plain water...then a GE Drench...then plain water....then plain water W/1/4 Transplant...then another Transplant Drench....repeat these steps. Follow kit instructions for amounts of Drenches. After plants get some size only one plain water between Drenches . Alternate GE and Transplant Drenches all thru veg. Hope this helps.

While in the #1's....nothing from kit required. Upon transplanting ..start with a Transplant Drench...then plain water....then again with plain water...then a GE Drench...then plain water....then plain water W/1/4 Transplant...then another Transplant Drench....repeat these steps. Follow kit instructions for amounts of Drenches. After plants get some size only one plain water between Drenches . Alternate GE and Transplant Drenches all thru veg. Hope this helps.
I'm a little confused by this Duggs... you dont use any TP, Gi, or anything else while you're vegging in 1gal pots? No Brix, leaf wash, etc...

Yes, 119, you are correct sir! Remember , i don't take them as far as Doc and others in the #1's. With me , it's all about timing.
They are just too small and really don't need anything from the kit while they're in the lil pots. Our soil has loads of goodies in it already. Sometimes i will give a bit of Transplant (1/4 strength) , but never GE and never any sprays. All that stuff starts when they go into the 26ers. with a Transplant Drench. Also , i don't start any LSTing until they are in the 26ers . people think , that because they have all these bottles of stuff, that they have to use them....u do not. I prove this with every grow .
When they get transplanted i start in with alternating drenches just like the original instructions state.
Cheers bud!:passitleft:

Yes, 119, you are correct sir! Remember , i don't take them as far as Doc and others in the #1's. With me , it's all about timing.
They are just too small and really don't need anything from the kit while they're in the lil pots. Our soil has loads of goodies in it already. Sometimes i will give a bit of Transplant (1/4 strength) , but never GE and never any sprays. All that stuff starts when they go into the 26ers. with a Transplant Drench. Also , i don't start any LSTing until they are in the 26ers . people think , that because they have all these bottles of stuff, that they have to use them....u do not. I prove this with every grow .
When they get transplanted i start in with alternating drenches just like the original instructions state.
Nice! I may try that down the road, I’m all about saving product so that would be great. And not vegging so long would be great too. I gotcha now, and of course will take what you say into consideration. How could I not! You’re the man, thanks Duggs!

Ya 119...you asked a great question bud! It's really all about two things...how long are they in those lil pots..and when do ya need to transplant them. If i had to keep them in the #1's. for any extended time, like Doc, and a few others , yes,..then they would need Tp and perhaps some GE , but when they are still very small, NOTHING is needed but water , and like i said sometimes just a taste of Transplant. Please go back and look at how small they were at transplant.....see, very small . Go by the BCP's...not the PE or the SP , they were started three weeks after the BCP's cuz of a few not germing and having to start them over...OK. Enjoy your night sir!:passitleft:

Would love to have a live seminar about this very subject. Get all the brixers in a big room and all the 'thinkin about it brixers' and go thru just how friggen easy it really is. Honestly, the hardest part for me is moving my full pots into the GR every 4 months. The rest is stupid easy. I never measure anything,..neither does Doc (his own grow). The amounts of liquids from the kit are all very forgiving. I believe, in Doc's original instructions , the amounts are given..easy peasy.
Enjoy the night gang...big game comin on soon :cheer:

Not really, @weenmeoff had condensed the feeding schedule from Darkscotias last thread and posted it a few times.

Even still it was incomplete due to the site switch and scotia dropped his notebook in water.

You can always re-read the thread.

:peace:

No if they ever get the blogs back up and running I’ll have full feed chart of what I did in docs help journal. But yes until the blogs come back my notes went fishing unfortunately

Duggan's methods work well for him.....going from 1's to 26's. But I grow a nice root ball in the 1's before going into 7's, and the directions are based on that approach.

I can back up that Docs written instructions work, and are where you should start. It’s new to you so you will have questions. But after a few grows, when you’re feeling comfortable with the kit, you can begin to adjust things to fit you space and style. But beware, straying from the instructions you may find setbacks as you experiment.

Duggans style didn’t just pop into existence, he had to use his early experience with the kit, consider his grow space limitations, and a desire to succeed to create what you see today...some things are different from how Doc does it but, nonetheless successful, with great yields and quality.

I was just stating in Dajerm’s thread how I reacquainted myself with the destress foliar spray that I was so proud that I did not use anymore. On my current grow I have been using it sparingly at transplant, and at midbloom fade right before a super-drench with marked improvements in turgor, in the following days.

My idea with mastering the kit (and I’m not even close:cool:) is to learn what each product does, why you pick one over another, dose ranges of each product, reading the subtle signs your plants are telling you, and knowing what they need before they tell you (easier when you grow the same cultivar repeatedly). All of that info is learned by doing it, educating yourself, and asking questions here. And best part...how does the shit smoke...the true test:rollit:

I can back up that Docs written instructions work, and are where you should start. It’s new to you so you will have questions. But after a few grows, when you’re feeling comfortable with the kit, you can begin to adjust things to fit you space and style. But beware, straying from the instructions you may find setbacks as you experiment.

Duggans style didn’t just pop into existence, he had to use his early experience with the kit, consider his grow space limitations, and a desire to succeed to create what you see today...some things are different from how Doc does it but, nonetheless successful, with great yields and quality.

I was just stating in Dajerm’s thread how I reacquainted myself with the destress foliar spray that I was so proud that I did not use anymore. On my current grow I have been using it sparingly at transplant, and at midbloom fade right before a super-drench with marked improvements in turgor, in the following days.

My idea with mastering the kit (and I’m not even close:cool:) is to learn what each product does, why you pick one over another, dose ranges of each product, reading the subtle signs your plants are telling you, and knowing what they need before they tell you (easier when you grow the same cultivar repeatedly). All of that info is learned by doing it, educating yourself, and asking questions here. And best part...how does the shit smoke...the true test:rollit:

I couldn't agree more!

Growing the same cultivar over and over is a great way to learn the subtle signs (and loud, flashing ones) of what to use and when. After a while, you can grow anything and just 'know' what to do.

As the only species that CULTIVATES crops for consumption.....our brains are hardwired from ancient times to notice things that have to do with plants, crops, dirt, water, weather, etc. We might not have any education and zero experience, but the DNA is there just waiting to express itself.

We're cultivators. Just keep growing and try to pay attention to every little thing. Don't take notes too much, just touch, taste, smell, see and let your brain catalogue it all and pretty soon you'll have a green thumb.

Add that to a mineralized soil designed to maximize microbial action and before long you'll be a wizard.

Doc and all of you are a great resource. It is funny but when I do something out of the norm and it screws with the plant I look at it as a success. As long as you know what you did that caused it. If I could have one thing above all it would be total control of the environment. That would be great. Well I could I guess, just don't know that I could afford it. LOL I think we all pick up little things from each other and that makes this group great.

Back
Top Bottom