Duggan Does Ace's A5 x Malawi & Thai Chi In DBHBB

Hey Duggs, sorry for the late request....meant to ask yesterday if I could change my guess to 975 grams (34.45 zips). If not, no worries. Sorry to hear that your trimming buddy cancelled. I hate trimming and love help when I can get it. Got some coming over next Thursday to help with the BCP coming down. Would hate to trim that big girl all alone.

Hey Duggs, sorry for the late request....meant to ask yesterday if I could change my guess to 975 grams (34.45 zips). If not, no worries. Sorry to hear that your trimming buddy cancelled. I hate trimming and love help when I can get it. Got some coming over next Thursday to help with the BCP coming down. Would hate to trim that big girl all alone.
No worriez Van....will change your guess to 34.5...if its available still......have my master list at home so....
My 4 Sativas were very large....quite overwhelming ...actually. Never again will i do that by myself....i will arrange for back up help....have to.....trimming for almost 8 hrs after working all day ......its why i feel soooo bagged .

yeah I don't know how you did it alone dude. I hate trimming so much I went to a perpetual specifically because of it. I would rather trim one plant and wait a couple weeks and do another one. But I am slow as hell trimming anyways. I take my time as I am watching TV or jamming to some tunes.

Van..tbh i dont know either....except, i had NO choice cuz of my schedule. Have my two sons for weekend ..starting tonight so....!I was exhausted when i was done.It was sooo much work prepping....trimming...hanging....cleaning up......people don't know just how much work it is when there is only one set of hands doing EVERYTHING......and i mean EVERYTHING!
Thanks for understanding man.

Van..tbh i dont know either....except, i had NO choice cuz of my schedule. Have my two sons for weekend ..starting tonight so....!I was exhausted when i was done.It was sooo much work prepping....trimming...hanging....cleaning up......people don't know just how much work it is when there is only one set of hands doing EVERYTHING......and i mean EVERYTHING!
Thanks for understanding man.

That is me every time and I totally understand. I usually try to schedule harvest on my day off.
Which basically means I don't get a day off that week. :(

Just out of curiosity, what do you give your trimming buddy for helping Duggs?

I have only used my buddy once....he had been smoking for 20 years but never seen a harvest so I invited him over and loved the conversation and help. I gave him a bunch of testers and then after it had dried I gave him a quarter ounce. All together it was probably about 3/8's of a zip. I don't know what the general protocol for sharing with a trim buddy is.

I wish I could ask buddies for help or even share that I grow but mums the word. I occasionally bring some around to share but mostly the boss consumes it, not sure how she does it, ha!:rofl: Van, think of it as an hourly wage, say 20-25 per hour...? I'm 100% on board with Neikos method of taking the fans and leaving the rest to come off in the jars. My trim time went from about 11 hours to 4! No bag appeal needed here and those sugar leaves are some of the best! One reason I may never have enough trim to make BH.

:passitleft:

@Duggan
:ciao::ciao: shoot me a message next time brother! Wife was down at the royal last night and i just puttered around the house keeping busy, would have been happy to help!

@Van Stank
another member mentioned they paid 15/hr, a zip for the road, and all they could smoke during..and all he heard was crickets.. Frankly id just work for smoke... But i enjoy working, good conversations and smoking weed :rofl:

Ya ..good questions u guys.
I am very generous with my trim buddy and usually give him a 1/2z when dry...plus a good deal on the produce itself if he buys some ...plus puffs and beer while working on it.
It usually takes two of us 4 hrs to finish up......that's why with just me doing it last night it took me almost 8 hrs.
NEVER AGAIN.
Thanks for the offer PJ...i might take u up on it next time!

Ok, so I wasn't too far off. I don't want to over pay him for his work......as he is one of my 'regular' friends that reimburses me for my efforts and I don't want to lose his 'visits'. My thought was if I am harvesting 6-12 ounces on a plant....a zip seems like a high % to give for trimming. A quarter to a half seemed more appropriate.....plus I cook and feed him too. And let me tell ya, if you think Stank can grow some weed....you should try his cooking!

If I ever win any of your harvest guesses, I will cook ya some stuff Duggs......but don't get any ideas ya old coot!

He could not even think to just put it out and smoke it later. He instead flushed it down the toilet!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Priceless

I had an experience or two with Thai stick in the mid eighties. Trippy trippy. Walking? What’s that? :laugh:
i feel like this should be put on a hat
:rofl::rofl:
Or a t-shirt... i’d like that on a t-shirt

That cap that’s alreday out there is a bit boring tho’. I’m sure @Lady G2HM could do something much more atmospheric and aspirational:D

wouldnt all fit in my gr to hang ..

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If anyone ever says growing is easy, they've never done it :passitleft:
Tell it!! I trimmed my plants 1 stem a day while they were hang drying. Was about all I could manage! Gonna need help with the bigger plants. I’m also a fan of leaving the smaller leaves on, like ween and neiko do, but I also like to trim some of them into v pretty nugs.

meant to ask yesterday if I could change my guess to 975 grams (34.45 zips).
will change your guess to 34.5...if its available still...
Nope! That’s my guess I think :ciao:

FWIW I used to help an inner-city hydro grower trim (after hang dry) and get the buds into totes. I also just like hanging around canna business and talking about it etc. But he used to give me 10-12g of my fave buds, which we’re always the lower ones on his plants. I couldn’t handle the top cola buds, just too intense. It was some killer hydro setup, lots of plants. I also got all the finger hash we collected. It was easily a day’s work and I felt well rewarded for my contribution. I loved every minute of it... felt like free weed.

Glad you got through yeh harvest Duggs! Looking forward to the report!
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom