Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

OH no you broke her neck! That must be hard to do, my little branches feel like little fiberglass fishing poles. I'm not even going to try to supercrop this round just tie them down. Looking good Duggs!:bravo:

Good choice as most would snap the stem when in these conditions. You can still achieve supercropping it just takes a lot more finger work and patience. :thumb:

Supercropping is the way to go imo! I like lst too tho. Bith work well but ive seen bigger plants react well to supercropping.
Great job bro! I cant wait to see what you do :)

Hello Gang...decided to show some of how i supercrop. This plant is a little ,just a little bigger,taller,most vibrant. It's also in it's own home!:blunt:
supercropping_example_002.jpg

Ahh! I get it now! When you said supercrop, I always assumed it was farther down the stem! Yeah! That's the same thing I do, only you do it just once and final, heheh. I bend them exactly the same way, but without crushing the stems.

:thumb:

Ahh! I get it now! When you said supercrop, I always assumed it was farther down the stem! Yeah! That's the same thing I do, only you do it just once and final, heheh. I bend them exactly the same way, but without crushing the stems.

:thumb:

I like your gentle touch better Greytail. This crushing of the branches hurts me to even look at. I know that's silly, but it is what it is.

I know it works Duggan, it's just me.

OK then.....just to clarify what I do to create the bushes I grow. It's a combination of multiple supercrops and then LSTing. This bent over top is done very carefully....massaging and warming up the stem....gently squeezing the internal membrane to actually break it's walls...but not the outside surface. Plants recover from this very quickly and it encourages the little side branches to get moving. After I do this a few times on the main tip....I then start tieing down the most prominent leaders to even out the canopy....presto you now have a bush that will grow very slowly ,vertically but really fills out and fills all the space available. Gray....like I said ...this bending over of the tip is done a lot of times until i'm happy with the side branch development. Wherever a supercrop was done during veg....you can see a very marked and prominent growth surge in the areas supercroppedand stem strength is noticeably increased. I know of know other way to get the bush effect with my plants.Cutting off the main top as some do....topping is way too stressfull and slows down overall growth way too much....just look at the plant that accidentally broke while attempting the supercrop....it's way behind the one that was done properly.Cheers all and have a great day eh!

OK then.....just to clarify what I do to create the bushes I grow. It's a combination of multiple supercrops and then LSTing. This bent over top is done very carefully....massaging and warming up the stem....gently squeezing the internal membrane to actually break it's walls...but not the outside surface. Plants recover from this very quickly and it encourages the little side branches to get moving. After I do this a few times on the main tip....I then start tieing down the most prominent leaders to even out the canopy....presto you now have a bush that will grow very slowly ,vertically but really fills out and fills all the space available. Gray....like I said ...this bending over of the tip is done a lot of times until i'm happy with the side branch development. Wherever a supercrop was done during veg....you can see a very marked and prominent growth surge in the areas supercropped. I know of know other way to get the bush effect with my plants.Cutting off the main top as some do....topping is way too stressfull and slows down overall growth way too much....just look at the plant that accidentally broke while attempting the supercrop....it's way behind the one that was done properly.Cheers all and have a great day eh!

The ART of cultivation. :bravo:

OK then.....just to clarify what I do to create the bushes I grow. It's a combination of multiple supercrops and then LSTing. This bent over top is done very carefully....massaging and warming up the stem....gently squeezing the internal membrane to actually break it's walls...but not the outside surface. Plants recover from this very quickly and it encourages the little side branches to get moving. After I do this a few times on the main tip....I then start tieing down the most prominent leaders to even out the canopy....presto you now have a bush that will grow very slowly ,vertically but really fills out and fills all the space available. Gray....like I said ...this bending over of the tip is done a lot of times until i'm happy with the side branch development. Wherever a supercrop was done during veg....you can see a very marked and prominent growth surge in the areas supercroppedand stem strength is noticeably increased. I know of know other way to get the bush effect with my plants.Cutting off the main top as some do....topping is way too stressfull and slows down overall growth way too much....just look at the plant that accidentally broke while attempting the supercrop....it's way behind the one that was done properly.Cheers all and have a great day eh!

Like a boss...

I like your gentle touch better Greytail. This crushing of the branches hurts me to even look at. I know that's silly, but it is what it is.

I know it works Duggan, it's just me.

Sweetsue....come on girl....you can do it. The reason for squeezing ,and breaking only the internal membrane allows you to gently bend over the tip or branch. This crushing as you say actually causes the plant to repair the affected area causing a much bigger highway or passageway for nutrients!!!! The plant will ALWAYS become stronger at that location. While it's doing this repair work....the side branches are having a field day with the G.Hormones and really start to develope. Cheers eh.....Duggs.

So i decided ,since i've been preaching this whole supercropping thang to show how it works after just 24hrs. ya ,that's right 24hrs. Take a look at how the growing tip is now all straightened out and pointing upwards again. That's not the real cool thing though....look at what those little bitty side branches have started to do!!!!That whole supercropped area is becoming much stronger and more vigourous looking. This is why i've bin doin it this way for so long....i didn't even have to chop it's little head off to achieve it. Cheers....hope this sheds some light on this method . Try it you'le like it....Cheers eh.:circle-of-love:
24hrs_after_supercropping_002.jpg
24hrs_after_supercropping_003.jpg
24hrs_after_supercropping_004.jpg

So i decided ,since i've been preaching this whole supercropping thang to show how it works after just 24hrs. ya ,that's right 24hrs. Take a look at how the growing tip is now all straightened out and pointing upwards again. That's not the real cool thing though....look at what those little bitty side branches have started to do!!!!That whole supercropped area is becoming much stronger and more vigourous looking. This is why i've bin doin it this way for so long....i didn't even have to chop it's little head off to achieve it. Cheers....hope this sheds some light on this method . Try it you'le like it....Cheers eh.:circle-of-love:
24hrs_after_supercropping_002.jpg
24hrs_after_supercropping_003.jpg
24hrs_after_supercropping_004.jpg

Looking gd Duggen, only on my 2nd grow so still a newbie, definitely wanna try this combined with topping so i can get a more even canopy ..also wanna try fluxing :) So much I wanna try out lol. Gd work mate, lovin the journal :D

Sweetsue....come on girl....you can do it. The reason for squeezing ,and breaking only the internal membrane allows you to gently bend over the tip or branch. This crushing as you say actually causes the plant to repair the affected area causing a much bigger highway or passageway for nutrients!!!! The plant will ALWAYS become stronger at that location. While it's doing this repair work....the side branches are having a field day with the G.Hormones and really start to develope. Cheers eh.....Duggs.

I'm certain I can learn Duggan. Doc's all over me about the art of cultivation. :laughtwo: There's so much risk going on in my life right now I just need to nurture and grow wild a couple times as I just get comfortable with the day-to-day business of getting to successful harvests.

When I'm ready to go big again, with more lights to help offset the 11/13 schedule, I'll be sure to study your technique closely and call on your expertise.

I'm getting ready to start 8 little ones, mirroring DrZiggy. You know my penchant for pictures. When you see one you think I should train, please tap me on the shoulder and let me know, ok? If I can learn to do it with smaller plants I'll be better equipped to succeed with a full-blown sativa. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I'm certain I can learn Duggan. Doc's all over me about the art of cultivation. :laughtwo: There's so much risk going on in my life right now I just need to nurture and grow wild a couple times as I just get comfortable with the day-to-day business of getting to successful harvests.

When I'm ready to go big again, with more lights to help offset the 11/13 schedule, I'll be sure to study your technique closely and call on your expertise.

I'm getting ready to start 8 little ones, mirroring DrZiggy. You know my penchant for pictures. When you see one you think I should train, please tap me on the shoulder and let me know, ok? If I can learn to do it with smaller plants I'll be better equipped to succeed with a full-blown sativa. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Morning Sweetsue.....The trick to the way I supercrop and LST is to always do it when the plants are very small....this is when you have to mould them....so to speak into what you want them to look like at the end. My methods work best at this stage....small ones are easiest to manipulate. When you are ready to try this method ,I would be very happy to go over it again with you....have a great day and keep up the good work over there at your place. Don't bite off more than you can handle though ....it's no fun when we're stressed over growing cuz we got too much goin on....Have a great day SS. Cheers eh.:high-five:

What a wealth of knowledge this forum is. And here a got a new source.
Plus one. I will stick like a tick to this.
Pictures talk for themselves. That doesn´t look stressful at all.:goodjob:

I was thinking on doing 1 topping plus LST but I will be trying your continuous supercropping plus LST. I liked the way Graytail does his LST by bending, so I will be borrowing both of your techniques. You talked about multiple supercroppings. You do this only at the main stem or do you supercrop side branches too?

Your crushing of internal membrane is most probably due to the crushing of the xylem and a portion of the phloem, as this last one is softer compared to the thick cell walls on the xylem. Phloem is needed for the development of the xylem. This should contribute to the divergence, from apical dominance of auxin growth hormones to the lateral branches. By not topping, you preserve an already active and developing singaling system.
Following this way of reasoning, I bet you continuosly crush just the main stem.
This makes perfect logic to me. As you dont dump your resources, but you rather redistribute them to make the most of it, so the canopy gets shaped efficiently without going all french revolution on them.
I´m into vegging the least possible and I think this method would suit better for 12/12 from seed, to get an even cola-filled canopy.

Cheerios
:peace:

What a wealth of knowledge this forum is. And here a got a new source.
Plus one. I will stick like a tick to this.
Pictures talk for themselves. That doesn´t look stressful at all.:goodjob:

I was thinking on doing 1 topping plus LST but I will be trying your continuous supercropping plus LST. I liked the way Graytail does his LST by bending, so I will be borrowing both of your techniques. You talked about multiple supercroppings. You do this only at the main stem or do you supercrop side branches too?

Your crushing of internal membrane is most probably due to the crushing of the xylem and a portion of the phloem, as this last one is softer compared to the thick cell walls on the xylem. Phloem is needed for the development of the xylem. This should contribute to the divergence, from apical dominance of auxin growth hormones to the lateral branches. By not topping, you preserve an already active and developing singaling system.
Following this way of reasoning, I bet you continuosly crush just the main stem.
This makes perfect logic to me. As you dont dump your resources, but you rather redistribute them to make the most of it, so the canopy gets shaped efficiently without going all french revolution on them.
I´m into vegging the least possible and I think this method would suit better for 12/12 from seed, to get an even cola-filled canopy.

Cheerios
:peace:

Hello ther Engorage....yes you are correct with your reasoning behind the G.H's. Cutting off the growing tip really sloooows down the vegging process for many days. A gentle supercropping on the other hand just encourages rapid growth of side branches. I usually only supercrop for the first month or so....after doing it 4 or 5 times to the Main stem (when they're really small) it gets the side branches shooting out. This is when I start to LST .by tieing down the main(if I have to) with pipe cleaners (you know...those soft ones) to the edge of the pot,just like you see lots of other growers do. it really doesn't take long to get a bush growing. Keep in mind though....after you have the bush shape....just as you like, keep a close I on her as she will try and send the main ahead of the others if it's allowed to get higher than them ....understand bud? So, supercrop while really small to encourage the itty ,bitty side branches to get going....then LST the Main stem until the side ones catch up to it ....then release the main and watch them all compete with each other for the G.H's., it's really fun doing it this way and ALWAYS works...100% of the time. Cheers eh....got the boys this weekend so i'l be busy on and off all weekend doing outside yard work....BAHHHHH!

Well, gotta shit load of work done yesterday inside and outside....still have to cut the backyard grass today,no big deal .
Anyhow ,time for an update....the girls got their first real drench last night....it was Energy with a little tea. They got 4 gal's. each with 25mls. G.E. in each pot. The next drink will be just water with a little Transplant. today they will get their first brix spraying as well. I really like how these 100% Sativas are taking off. They are responding very well to the Supercropping's they're getting and stems are growing very thick and strong....ya baby...i'm liking things . i want to post a few pics tonight just to show the amazing progress. Cheers everyone, and have an awesome day!:circle-of-love:

Well, gotta shit load of work done yesterday inside and outside....still have to cut the backyard grass today,no big deal .
Anyhow ,time for an update....the girls got their first real drench last night....it was Energy with a little tea. They got 4 gal's. each with 25mls. G.E. in each pot. The next drink will be just water with a little Transplant. today they will get their first brix spraying as well. I really like how these 100% Sativas are taking off. They are responding very well to the Supercropping's they're getting and stems are growing very thick and strong....ya baby...i'm liking things . i want to post a few pics tonight just to show the amazing progress. Cheers everyone, and have an awesome day!:circle-of-love:

So in a dozen weeks, give or take, you'll have some prime indica and some prime sativa bud about the place! Very cool.

I always like sativa, indica, hybrid, purple and fruity on hand at all times. Often, the fruity comes with the sativa or the purple....

Looking forward to your pic's tonight! I bet they're loving the drench and are kicking it into high gear.

So in a dozen weeks, give or take, you'll have some prime indica and some prime sativa bud about the place! Very cool.

I always like sativa, indica, hybrid, purple and fruity on hand at all times. Often, the fruity comes with the sativa or the purple....

Hey Doc...mornin to ya. Ya ,not sure of the timing iether eh. Gonna have to just wait and see how long these Sativa's will let me play with them without getting out of control. It's the two to three weeks after i flip em ,that i'm a little concerned about. This strain is known for stretching ALOT so it's gonna be a challenge,cuz i know how i want them to look at that stage ,so we'le see if i have the skill set to do it.Should be fun!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom