Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Bloom, Day 40 of 56+
Today some catch up on a few things that have been going on, but first the big news.
As you can see by the date, we are nearing the last 2 weeks of the grow. What happens in the last phase of the grow? Final bud swell, as the plant works to finish out the flowers so as to keep the species going! With everyone figuring the start of flower by different methods, some doing at the microsecond that the flip occurs, others waiting 7-10 days for a transition period, it is often times hard to know when you are actually at the end.
It turns out that the plants will signal this to you, if you are watching carefully enough.
It is very important to be consistent in your watering, always knowing to at least a certain degree of accuracy how much water your plants will take before runoff occurs.
Ever since the end of stretch my plants have been taking exactly 1 gallon of fluids every 3 days. The Vulx plant included, like clockwork, every 3 days the lower wilt would start, signalling a need for water, and exactly 3 gallons of fluid would satisfy the room, each plant getting exactly the same amount. The last couple of waterings I have noted that the plants took the gallon apiece, but I failed to notice any runoff. This time, as we near the last 2 weeks, I wanted to see how much the plants would actually take. It took 4 1/2 gallons to reach runoff in the room. Each plant took 1/2 gallon more than it could a week ago... a 50% increase!
The plant is signalling that final bud swell is here! If this were a synthetic grow it would be time to do a 3x flush to clear the salts. Not having that need here in the organic soil, I do know that the plants are now going to feed very heavily right up to the end. If this were a fertilizer based grow I would be hitting them hard now and right up to the end. They will continue to use up more water and the buds are going to start getting huge.
Remember the backbuild cut a week ago?
Here is a beautiful shot of what happens when you do that. Please note the dramatic foxtailing starting to happen on this bud as it backbuilds instead of topbuilds the bud. The best way to describe what is going to happen to this bud is that compared to a conical naturally growing bud, this one is going to look "chunky."
DSCF7391.JPG

Here is a naturally growing bud for comparison:
DSCF7394.JPG

We also have our pollinated buds that are also working on finishing up. They will start swelling in the next couple of weeks too, but in a different way than the unpollinated ones, with the seed pods taking prominence. A few more shots as we near the end will illustrate this process.
DSCF7389.JPG

Lastly, just a pretty shot of one of the biggest buds in the tent so you can see how it is filling in on the stalk
DSCF7393.JPG

No trichome shots tonight, but last look showed them to be mostly cloudy at this point... maybe 20-30% still clear. This will change.
I hope all is well with everyone tonight and that your gardens are healthy and happy!:morenutes:

Wow Emilya your journals are always Great. You have the gift of explaining things so well your writing skills are Great and so descriptive Thank You.

Thank you PCaddict, much appreciated. I think it helps that I am trying to explain things to my future self, so I try to be very clear what I was thinking and realizing at any particular moment in the journal. It is always my hope that others will also pick up a thing or two from my random thoughts so I always appreciate hearing other people's reactions... especially when a realization happens out of the blue. We are all in this together, and I hope that I am able to at least blaze a small portion of the trail for us as we all move forward.
:circle-of-love:

We have all been pretty stoned today on this immature pot test bud... it's been a while since I have smoked any at this stage. This is a reminder to my future self to start pulling part of the product a little earlier than I am used to... just for this, x20. All day we have been smoking on this 8 grams and having a good time of it, but tonight I decided to break up the remaining nugs to dry out some more for the pipe, and look what I found. This might already be viable, even this early!
The good thing is there was only one. The bad thing is that I didn't at all expect it on this plant. Pollen really is insidious isn't it?
WIN_20191110_21_33_22_Pro.jpg

Bloom, Day 44 of 56+
Today we are officially within the last 2 weeks, depending on how much into the 8th week they end up going. Things are still looking great with very little to no fading going on anywhere in the tent. The only die off I am seeing is what you would expect being a trussed up like they are, and from leaves that are stuck in the middle of the mess with no light getting to them. The buds appear to be starting to swell, or maybe it is just me hoping that they are doing so.
Tonight I took some pictures to document the bud sizes at this point. Hopefully by the end of the two weeks we will be able to easily see a difference.
DSCF7418.JPG
DSCF7417.JPG
DSCF7413.JPG
DSCF7411.JPG
DSCF7408.JPG
DSCF7407.JPG
DSCF7419.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7409.JPG
    DSCF7409.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Bloom, 10 days from beginning of harvest window
Tonight was watering night in the bloom tent and in honor of all the last two week flushers out there, I gave plain water tonight. There are no deficiencies showing anywhere on the plants, just normal fade and yellowing in the center core under the canopy, but I see no reason not to just give water this time. Rest assured, I will hit them hard again next time with microbes and Terpinator, but I seriously doubt they are going to die or even slow down a lick due to what I have just done.
Tonight a few pictures before the lights went out... it is starting to get very pretty in there.

DSCF7431.JPG
DSCF7430.JPG
DSCF7429.JPG
DSCF7428.JPG
DSCF7427.JPG
DSCF7426.JPG
DSCF7425.JPG

Absolutely great Emilya! How do you like that terpinator?? I’d love to get some myself if it’s as great as it seems.
Your buds are gorgeous. I love how chunky they all are, even the longer conical ones are nice and thick

Absolutely great Emilya! How do you like that terpinator?? I’d love to get some myself if it’s as great as it seems.
Your buds are gorgeous. I love how chunky they all are, even the longer conical ones are nice and thick
Thank you Chef! I love the Terpinator and it taught me something. My organic soil was missing potash, and based on how well the potassium has done for this grow, it needed it all along. I now suspect that many of my previous grows could have benefited from this too. I am categorizing this experience as one of those many tiny things we do each grow to fine tune our grows and only thanks to the MOTM gift of 3 gallons of Terpinator did I learn this particular lesson.
I love the chunky buds too. This is the result of the backbuilding cut in the beginning of the 5th week and about now you can see why I do this backcut... These chunky buds are going to end up much bigger than they would have by growing naturally and that little tiny cut makes a huge difference in the end.

Thank you Chef! I love the Terpinator and it taught me something. My organic soil was missing potash, and based on how well the potassium has done for this grow, it needed it all along. I now suspect that many of my previous grows could have benefited from this too. I am categorizing this experience as one of those many tiny things we do each grow to fine tune our grows and only thanks to the MOTM gift of 3 gallons of Terpinator did I learn this particular lesson.
I love the chunky buds too. This is the result of the backbuilding cut in the beginning of the 5th week and about now you can see why I do this backcut... These chunky buds are going to end up much bigger than they would have by growing naturally and that little tiny cut makes a huge difference in the end.
I am curious what is backcut ?

You know I was waiting for the Terpinator Q&A. You're leading the charge Em! I'm right behind you and glad the terpinator is safe to use. It looks like it can really do some heavy lifting.

would terpinator be OK for LOS I thought nutes were not good for LOS, sorry for the Newb question
There is nothing in it that could harm an LOS grow. I am using it on a TLO grow with zero adverse effects. Terpinator has actually helped me to identify a flaw in the SubCool original supersoil recipe... I am adding potash and it is my belief that many LOS recipes that don't include it, probably should. For now, Terpinator has neatly filled the gap.

I am curious what is backcut ?
One of our fine members some time ago explained a process called backbuilding... as opposed to top building, the normal operation of a bud as it grows. We shave off just a tiny bit of the top of the bud... just a little backbuilding cut that takes a few of the top pistils and just a tiny portion of green... you are simulating a deer coming along and nibbling off the tip top of the bud at week 5. The plant's response to this intrusion is to stop top building that bud, and instead it backbuilds, becoming chunky instead of tall.

Ahoy Emilya,
I have began poking around your place and all sorts of questions and ideas are blooming. I won't bother you for a while, but wanted too say hello and let you know my experimental fascination and your hobbitual gardening are going to play. :)

Back
Top Bottom