Day 88
Flip 55
Well, it's in.
AeroZesh.jpg

GrowHub.jpg

I'm going to have to recalibrate the temp and humidity readings tomorrow when I connect it to the WiFi. I didn't know it would need to be told what the temp and humidity are.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Thanks Tra!
I'm working on it!
nice set up plants lookibg good as uaual even #33 looks happy

Day 89
Flip 56
I'm having an issue with ip addresses, so the GrowHub hasn't been connected to the wireless yet.
I'm going to start including a pic of it at the beginning of my updates to show the tent conditions.
Tent conditions.jpg

Keep in mind that's with the tent open, right at lights on.
As for the plants DSD #33 and Gelato are in a race to the finish, but have adopted different strategies. #33 is taking a top down approach, with her top buds being pretty much done, but her lowers still showing mostly white stigmas. Gelato is going branch by branch, and popping out foxtails on any bud that hasn't fully turned yet. None of her stigmas have retracted yet either.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Can it measure frost? Can't wait to see the charts and graphs!
I'll check the settings for frost detection, but I haven't found a sensor for it!
Unfortunately you’ll have to wait until I get the ip issue figured out before we get any charts.
nice set up plants lookibg good as uaual even #33 looks happy
Thanks con!
I recently read a strain description that explicitly states that Barney's flowering time estimates are based on the date of flip, not first sign of buds, so it makes sense that she's starting to look close.

They're all nice Mel, but that Gelato is for real! :yummy:

I recently read a strain description that explicitly states that Barney's flowering time estimates are based on the date of flip, not first sign of buds,

Thanks Mel - I was wondering that exact thing last night. I’ve seen it explicitly stated some places.

I have a 5x5 full of Barneys… I built in 10 days of transition hmm that puts me at day 37. Barneys do it by a numbers of days range rather than weeks so my strains range 55-70 (example strain 55-60 days)

Hmm, hmm hmmmmm

Sorry musing. Still three weeks minimum. Wish you hadn’t mentioned it. Now I’m gonna get angsty about harvest earlier than I needed to 😂

I recently read a strain description that explicitly states that Barney's flowering time estimates are based on the date of flip, not first sign of buds, so it makes sense that she's starting to look close.
I understand the reason to count from flip date, but have also had 2 plants (same strain) that started flowering at vastly different times... One started spitting out flowers around 12 days post flip, but the other didn't start flowering until around day 26 post flip.
I track my flip date on the calendar too, but plan my harvests based on when flowers start.

Now... I understand indoor vs outdoor transition to flower differently, but how would someone estimate flower times for outdoor? From the solstice or from when flowers start forming?
I honestly believe the breeders... even the great breeders try to provide specific details about plants that can never be accurate.

Everything looks great Mel! Excited to see how they finish for ya.
:passitleft:

Now... I understand indoor vs outdoor transition to flower differently, but how would someone estimate flower times for outdoor? From the solstice or from when flowers start forming?
I honestly believe the breeders... even the great breeders try to provide specific details about plants that can never be accurate.
Last summer I realized if I'm going to do any breeding out there I have to use actual physical flower times. Here flower started on August 16th. My last conceivable grow day is October 16th before cold hits too hard. 56 days is what I have to work with. Almost messed it up! I had to leave the seeded branch on one of them after harvest to ripen.

Day 90
Flip 57
20240113_191427.jpg

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato
I've included a shot of one of the foxtailing colas.

They're all nice Mel, but that Gelato is for real! :yummy:
Thanks GDB!
She's my favourite!
I like the top down approach so you can easily stagger the harvest!
I'm getting close to doing that, but it'll depend on the trichs. They don't quite look done though. I'll be looking back through the pics, but I'm not sure they've gone through the final swell.
Thanks Mel - I was wondering that exact thing last night. I’ve seen it explicitly stated some places.

I have a 5x5 full of Barneys… I built in 10 days of transition hmm that puts me at day 37. Barneys do it by a numbers of days range rather than weeks so my strains range 55-70 (example strain 55-60 days)

Hmm, hmm hmmmmm

Sorry musing. Still three weeks minimum. Wish you hadn’t mentioned it. Now I’m gonna get angsty about harvest earlier than I needed to 😂
Yeah, it is still just an estimate, but it's good to have a breeder state how they're counting. There used to be arguments about when to start counting.
I understand the reason to count from flip date, but have also had 2 plants (same strain) that started flowering at vastly different times... One started spitting out flowers around 12 days post flip, but the other didn't start flowering until around day 26 post flip.
I track my flip date on the calendar too, but plan my harvests based on when flowers start.

Everything looks great Mel! Excited to see how they finish for ya.
:passitleft:
Thanks Preston!
Yeah, the first time I grew Lemonchello Haze she started flowering first week of August, and finished about 70 days later, just like the Seedsman estimate.
This summer? Not so much.
I didn't really count days after the first couple of grows, and I only started doing it again in my journals here ecause people wanted to know.
Last summer I realized if I'm going to do any breeding out there I have to use actual physical flower times. Here flower started on August 16th. My last conceivable grow day is October 16th before cold hits too hard. 56 days is what I have to work with. Almost messed it up! I had to leave the seeded branch on one of them after harvest to ripen.
That's about the season here most years!
I'm intending to keep breeding projects indoors, much to the relief of my neighbours, I'm sure!
Damn!! They all look so healthy!! Great work there and that gelato looks great!! :morenutes: :ganjamon:
Thanks Ke0ncp!

Day 90
Flip 57
20240113_191427.jpg

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato
I've included a shot of one of the foxtailing colas.

Thanks GDB!
She's my favourite!

I'm getting close to doing that, but it'll depend on the trichs. They don't quite look done though. I'll be looking back through the pics, but I'm not sure they've gone through the final swell.

Yeah, it is still just an estimate, but it's good to have a breeder state how they're counting. There used to be arguments about when to start counting.

Thanks Preston!
Yeah, the first time I grew Lemonchello Haze she started flowering first week of August, and finished about 70 days later, just like the Seedsman estimate.
This summer? Not so much.
I didn't really count days after the first couple of grows, and I only started doing it again in my journals here ecause people wanted to know.

That's about the season here most years!
I'm intending to keep breeding projects indoors, much to the relief of my neighbours, I'm sure!

Thanks Ke0ncp!
43% Rh to hit 1.4 VPD with 23c??!!

Yeah me neither 😂

Different parts of world, eh? No way can I get sub 50% Rh here. But that’s fine I have heat to balance it. Looking great Mel - approaching the window now? Couple of weeks?

Nick

Day 91
Flip 58
Pretty cold out there tonight. Tent's doing fine though.
Tent conditions 14 January 2024.jpg

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

43% Rh to hit 1.4 VPD with 23c??!!

Yeah me neither 😂

Different parts of world, eh? No way can I get sub 50% Rh here. But that’s fine I have heat to balance it. Looking great Mel - approaching the window now? Couple of weeks?

Nick
Yep. From around mid-November through to spring the rh around here drops due to the cold.
It went down a little later than usual this year, but now it won't get high enough to turn on the dehumidifier for months.
It's a race between DSD #33 and Gelato now. It's looking like Gelato might edge #33 out!

Day 91
Flip 58
Pretty cold out there tonight. Tent's doing fine though.
Tent conditions 14 January 2024.jpg

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Yep. From around mid-November through to spring the rh around here drops due to the cold.
It went down a little later than usual this year, but now it won't get high enough to turn on the dehumidifier for months.
It's a race between DSD #33 and Gelato now. It's looking like Gelato might edge #33 out!
plants looking good, could you put a small humidifier in the room to bring up your RH?

Talk about maximizing your space!
Thanks Shed!
plants looking good, could you put a small humidifier in the room to bring up your RH?
I actually don't want it higher. I'm really trying to avoid budrot, and these are some bushy girls.

IMG_0189.jpeg

I maxed the Dehuey to 30% and set the AC to 19c (can go to 16c) and I got into the 40’s!

Tonight I’ll swap some cooler air for a bit more Rh though. My electricity bill will be through the charts I keep that up!

The different environments - background temps/Rh we all have I find really interesting, working with what you have locally to get in the different ranges. Very cool.

Day 92
Flip 59
Got a 50mp shot, and a detail from it in the pics from DSD #33.
20240115_193813.jpg

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Nice work Mel, they're looking great!
Thanks Stunger!
IMG_0189.jpeg

I maxed the Dehuey to 30% and set the AC to 19c (can go to 16c) and I got into the 40’s!

Tonight I’ll swap some cooler air for a bit more Rh though. My electricity bill will be through the charts I keep that up!

The different environments - background temps/Rh we all have I find really interesting, working with what you have locally to get in the different ranges. Very cool.
I had typed something else here, but upon reading it, I decided that it's tone couldn't come through properly outside of a face-to-face conversation. So I'll just put the tone I was going for into words.
I'm glad you're interested.
All the pretty colors!
Yep, that's pretty much where I ended up.
Good morning el Beardo!

Tent is on fleek bruv!

Good job :)
Thanks Tra!

Back
Top Bottom