Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Major is the dome for heat protection, bugs and or snow/frost?

Only for protection from rain, early frosts and light snow/hail. Heat is pretty much over for this year. We may get another day or two this week in the low-90's, but from there on, it should be highs in the 70's-80's, at most.

I won't be enclosing the sides so I'm not offering them much in the way of staying warm this fall. We've already been down in the mid-40's at night. IMO, there is no way to keep bugs out of an outdoor grow. But last year we had plenty of rain. If I can keep the water off them and shield them from light frosts, I hope to be able to let them run a few extra weeks. It will only make a difference for AS, GG4 and maybe LH. The others are almost certainly a write-off. I knew it when I planted them but wanted to see how they did outdoors.

My wife ordered a 24' x 24' cover this morning. It should arrive in a week, or so. Of course it isn't going to fit this dome shape, but I can make it work. The cover will put an end to most pictures, other than close-ups.

Update (Week 30 / Week 3 of Bloom)

Good evening :420: :circle-of-love:

I feel like I've been on a slow boat to China, but finally starting to get some love out of a couple of these ladies.
We had a very cool week but temp's are rebounding and should be back into the 90's by the weekend.

First up are three pictures of AS. She was the first to begin blooming this year, so she really is on her third week. All pictures are from 6' - 8' up a ladder.
AS1_09-07-16.jpg

AS2_09-07-16.jpg

AS3_09-07-16.jpg

Right next to her is LH. She's still doing almost nothing in the way of flowering. She's just now putting out some pre-flowers. Two pic's:
LH1-1_09-07-16.jpg

LH1-2_09-07-16.jpg

Meanwhile the other LH in a pot in the veggie garden gets a little less light/more shade. She's a few days ahead of her sister and is finally beginning to bud.
LH2-1_09-07-161.jpg

The next two are ZD(+). Nothing much going on. Preflowers are about at the same stage as LH #1 (almost nada).
ZD1_09-07-16.jpg

ZD2_09-07-16.jpg

These two pic's are from way up high. GT(+). Not even a pre-flower showing. :(
ZD(+) is in the background.
GT1_09-07-16.jpg

Still GT(+) with ZD(+) on the left and AS in the back.
GT2_09-07-16.jpg

GASS, also in a pot in the veggie garden, was second to begin blooming. The cool nights have her dropping fans. Not much of a looker.
GASS-1_09-07-16.jpg

GASS-2_09-07-16.jpg

GG4 may not have the sexiest genetics, but she is my favorite this year. Easy to grow. Nice structure. No yellowing or other leaf issues. Lots of sugar considering she's only on her second week. The big surprise for me is the smell. The flowers smell like lemon zest with a faint sweet fuel note. I got a bit carried away with photos of her.
GG4-1_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-2_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-3_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-4_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-5_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-6_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-7_09-07-16.jpg

GG4-8_09-07-16.jpg

That's it for this week. :thanks: :Namaste:

Mine too Major. ALOT of gardens are slow' this year. I even seen say global warming. But here we are the 7th already, and mine look to be only like ten days in flower. And Oct is coming fast.
But I have my little 2 cents to throw out, like sometimes I do, I think if someone looked back in a farmer almanac you might find we posable had a big bright full moon around the first week last month. A big bright full moon might put your flowers off atad? Just my thoughts. I know my plants should've been further along then they are. I kind of figured it was all bug damage. But it's not just you,,, or me. Keepem Green

Great job! Those are some BBWs! ;)

Well now, Dreaming Green, First post , yeepa! OK, I gotta take a minute to offer up a big warm welcome to the "mag". You just found the coolest place on the web for all weed related topics, without a doubt. The growers here have a staggering amount of first hand experience with all types of growing methods but we shine with soil , specifically DBHBB. Please wonder around our journals Dreaming and get a feel for our membership...IMO they are all even better people than they are growers,...you will see. They will help you at every chance they get and they do it with genuineness and integrity. We only ask a couple things of new members ,...please ;leave your ego at the door , enter our journals with a smile and a good attitude and you will be met with encouragement and an eagerness to help! Enjoy your stay here at 420 Mag and welcome to the best forum on the web! Cheers to ya !:circle-of-love::thumb::cheer::bravo:

Great job! Those are some BBWs! ;)
Awesome garden Major. I can't wait till the day I can grow behemoths outside like yours.
:welcome: DG and Morglie!
Like I said, be careful what you wish for. Big plants = big work. Be prepared to spend hours every day in your garden. Then again, it's nice work if you can get it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Morning Major....things are looking stellar bud , just stellar. Damn sativas though eh pal....RATS SOUP!
Have an awesome Thursday my friend!:Namaste::high-five:
:thanks: duggan! I hope you have a most excellent rest-of-the-week.
Yeah - Sativas are cool looking, but not for outside at this latitude. Too tall. Too slow. I'll stick with faster genetics next summer.
:high-five:

hi
still looking for Tarzan to jump out of that huge jungle of yours :)
He already did! And he's a huge PITA! Hahaha!!!
:rofl:

Mine too Major. ALOT of gardens are slow' this year. I even seen say global warming. But here we are the 7th already, and mine look to be only like ten days in flower. And Oct is coming fast.
But I have my little 2 cents to throw out, like sometimes I do, I think if someone looked back in a farmer almanac you might find we posable had a big bright full moon around the first week last month. A big bright full moon might put your flowers off atad? Just my thoughts. I know my plants should've been further along then they are. I kind of figured it was all bug damage. But it's not just you,,, or me. Keepem Green
I hadn't considered the timing of the full moon. Dunno - but very interesting! It very well could be I suppose. In my case, I think the only plants that are going to suffer are the Liberty Hazes. The more indica-dominant plants should finish OK, and the Sativas are ... Sativas.
Best of luck bringing yours home! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom