GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

I didn't bother to mention it at the time it happened, but about a week ago my GDB clonely suffered a horrible death!

I've never seen anything like it before and never want to again. I watered her and this slimy white stuff immediately formed on the top of the soil. Really nasty looking stuff! Over the next few days she just withered and died. I don't know what that white stuff was and don't care to try and find out. Whatever it was, it was toxic!

I have one more clone that I've never mentioned because I fully expected to throw it away. Guess I'll keep it now. I'll talk more about her "interesting" story later.

That's it for today.

As always, thank you for your eyeballs.

PEACE.

You sure it wasn’t left over mashed potato from Thanksgiving?

I’ve heard that can be dire for clones. Particularly if you cover it.

You sure it wasn’t left over mashed potato from Thanksgiving?

I’ve heard that can be dire for clones. Particularly if you cover it.
Actually Trala, it looked more like something in line with your usual mindset. But I won't say what that is! :laughtwo:

Actually Trala, it looked more like something in line with your usual mindset. But I won't say what that is! :laughtwo:
Omg your pH was off so you jizzed on your fucking clone didn’t you?

TBH it crossed my mind, but then I remembered you’re all about the carbs, so I assumed it was a mashed potato type grow accident. I am disgusted in you Black.

And reported.

Omg your pH was off so you jizzed on your fucking clone didn’t you?

TBH it crossed my mind, but then I remembered you’re all about the carbs, so I assumed it was a mashed potato type grow accident. I am disgusted in you Black.

And reported.
My PH was off?! :rofl: That's hilarious!

I can't blame you for being disgusted in me. Actually I'm a little ashamed of myself. :)

You didn't have to report me though. :straightface:

Hello all.

Time for an every-other-watering-day update.

I'm going to slow down the rate of these updates soon, so please bear with me as I may get a little chatty during this post. :)

It's flip 42 for the Grandaddy Blacks in the rear, flip 57 for the Purple Dream (left) and Purple Tahoe up front, and flip 37 for the Pineapple Express in the middle.
TG tent 12-12-22 F42-57.jpg

----------

Today's solo pic is of the Purple Tahoe. She's one of the smallish plants in the group but has required the most bamboo for support. That's because she's got dense, heavy buds that her scrawny branches cannot support!
She has maintained a deep green color throughout her life. At times it has caused me concern but it just seems to be her way.
PT 12-12-22 F57.JPG

Her buds are stacked tight too. I can only tie supports on the stems below many of the buds because there's just no separation where the bud is formed.
PT stack 12-12-22 F57.jpg

Her breeder says, "Ready to harvest within 70 days of planting." Since mine has been above ground for about 113 days, I don't know what to make of that.🤨 She still has a way to go.
PT bud 12-12-22 F57.JPG

And while I'm on the PT let me post a solo pic of the Purple Dream, who seems to be in "beast mode."
PD 12-12-22 F57.jpg

I'm showing these 2 together because I bought their seeds in what I considered to be a leap of faith. I got caught up in this seed bank that featured reverse auctions, where the seed price kept going lower until someone bought them. So I got these seeds cheap (avg. of about $4.25 apiece in packs of 6).

While it remains to be seen how potent they are, they sure do seem to pass the eye-test. And they definitely pass the smell test!:Rasta:

----------

DOT WATCH
:

The 2 GDBs are the only plants that are growing exclusively on Grow Dots. Today is their 68th day on them. They remain green with some slight yellowing just beginning to show on the lower fans.

I thought that yellowing would occur sooner but they've hung in there. Now I'm wondering if the way I distributed the Dots may be a clue. Each of the GDBs 3 gallon pots were given 5 tsps of Dots (one below the manufacturers "heavy" feed dose). But I only put 4 tsps in the soil and the last was sprinkled on top of the soil. So I'm wondering if the top-fed Dots release their nutrients at a slower rate than those within the soil. That could account for their prolonged green state (when compared to my last Dots Encounter of the Third Kind).

Who knows? :)

I don't think I'm going to do anything to try and stall the yellow tide that I see coming to the GDBs. After watching @Carcass grow his most recent plant, I just want to see what happens!
----------

AND
:

Both the Pineapple Express and the Purple Dream are growing exclusively on Roots Organics Dry Nutrients (Foundation, Grow & Bloom), which require only bi-weekly top-feeds. I've been very pleased with how these have treated my plants. (@7Dust2 this stuff would seem to be more in line with your growing methods than the liquid nutes you're thinking about. I'm just saying.)

The Purple Tahoe is on Dots too. But when she reached day 58 (I think) on them I began giving her the Roots Organic Bloom in order to see if that would hold off the yellowing that usually occurs with the Dots. As I said earlier, she's been above ground for 113 days and there's not a trace of yellow to be seen. (Yes, she is a darker green than the rest, but she was that before I started with the Organics feed.)

And now I will shut up.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.

Her breeder says, "Ready to harvest within 70 days of planting." Since mine has been above ground for about 113 days, I don't know what to make of that.🤨
They may be talking about going on 12/12 from sprout?

But I only put 4 tsps in the soil and the last was sprinkled on top of the soil. So I'm wondering if the top-fed Dots release their nutrients at a slower rate than those within the soil.
That sounds like a good idea, GDB- I'll try that on my next plant, sure couldn't hurt!

I did add 2 tsp of the Dots on top of the Zkittles soil, but it was after the yellow had started, and they seemed to do absolutely nothing by adding them that late in the game...seems like earlier might be the better way to do it...:thanks:

That sounds like a good idea, GDB- I'll try that on my next plant, sure couldn't hurt!

I did add 2 tsp of the Dots on top of the Zkittles soil, but it was after the yellow had started, and they seemed to do absolutely nothing by adding them that late in the game...seems like earlier might be the better way to do it...:thanks:
I'm going to ask them about that "70 day from planting." That claim doesn't even stand up for autos!

I'm going to slow down the rate of these updates soon, so please bear with me as I may get a little chatty during this post. :)
Why tho?

If you’re not going to typerly entertainment me, I want to know why.

Why tho?

If you’re not going to typerly entertainment me, I want to know why.
Oh my!

It's because I gonna' need to devote more time to my Anxiety Grow, where there will be more interesting things (I think) to write about. Please don't cause me anxiety already! :laughtwo:

I may get a little chatty during this post.
I set aside some time this afternoon so all's good!
Today's solo pic is of the Purple Tahoe. She's one of the smallish plants in the group but has required the most bamboo for support. That's because she's got dense, heavy buds that her scrawny branches cannot support!
Wowza! Short and stacked, not to mention frosty. :thumb:
And while I'm on the PT let me post a solo pic of the Purple Dream
Smooth transition, and definitely worth its own solo. A Marshawn Lynch lookalike for sure!
I don't think I'm going to do anything to try and stall the yellow tide that I see coming to the GDBs. After watching @Carcass grow his most recent plant, I just want to see what happens!
For science!
I was thinking it was just a typo and the meant 70 days from flip.

Hello again.

Another watering day so another pics day!

It's flip 59 for the Purple Girls and that usually puts me in twiddle mode! Only 11 more days until a 10-week flower period (sort of)!

Problem is, neither of them looks even close to being ripe. So I need to resist the urge to twiddle.

The 2 Grandaddy Blacks are on flip 44 and the GDB1 looks like she's the closest plant to being "almost" there. Her sister, the subject of today's solo shoot, looks much further away from ripening.

And the Pineapple Express is on flip 39. All of her pistils remain white.

Tent pent: GDBs rear, Purple girls front and PE in the middle.
Tgivin 12-14-22 F39-44-59.jpg

----------

I used to consider the GDB2 the smaller of the two, but when I wasn't looking she surpassed the GDB1 in size. Here you can see the beginning of yellowing lower fan leaves that I talked about in my last post. The N in the Dots is likely diminished on Dot day 70. But I believe the nutrients will now throw their goodies toward fattening buds. I'll find out. Well, to be honest, I've destroyed the opportunity to really test that theory because of something I did today. (More on that in a few.)
GDB2 12-14-22 F59.JPG

She's got some fat stuff going on up top and (as is usually the case with my plants) she's leaning:
GDB top 12-14-22 F59.JPG

Still got a ways to go based on the lack of orange pistils but she's getting frosty:
GDB bud1 12-14-22 F59.JPG

GDB2 bud 12-14-22 F59.JPG

----------

I went to the grow store yesterday and that always presents me with much temptation. Things didn't go too badly though, as all I ended up getting was another bag from the suite of Roots Organic dry nutrients. I got their Bloom Booster (.5-6-18). That amount of Potassium is scary but I'm hoping because it's organic nothing crazy will happen.
RO Bloom Booster.jpg

Roots Organics calls for beginning it's use in week 4 of flower (while discontinuing the Bloom feed). All of my girls are past that date.

My plan was to give this only to the Purple girls but then I changed my mind and gave to all of the friggin' plants! (Thus, I've blown my chance to see how the GDBs would have done on just the Dots alone. :straightface: )

I honestly don't know what came over me. But as I've said many times, I'm just learning to stay out of the way of these plants. Sometimes I have a relapse and that's when this kind of thing happens. :)

But the deed has been done so now just to watch/wait.

----------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello growers.

No changes worth noting here. All got fed just water today and all took a gallon except the 2 purple girls which took just slightly less than that. I'm taking that as a sign that they're getting closer to the end, but they honestly don't look like it yet.

Just a tent pic today:
TG 12-16-22 F41-46-51.jpg

And that's a wrap.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

They look great. Has the recent weather affected temperatures in your tent?

They look great. Has the recent weather affected temperatures in your tent?
Thanks Budman.

The weather has not changed the environment as far as I can tell. But the battery in my Govee gadget died and I'm waiting for new ones to be delivered.

I have another hygrometer in there and it's held steady around 75F and 40% RH. But that's with the light on during the day (9am to 9pm). I really do need to get the Govee back up so I can see what's happening at night. I would not be disappointed if the temp was dropping a bit then.

Back
Top Bottom