GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Feed them, 3gl will def not last as long and fabric dries them out quicker, too. 3 questions...
1. Did you feed the day before you started the drought?
2. Is it like super hot in there?
3. I'm sorry I haven't been over but have you been looking at her trichomes from day 1 til now, like up close you know?

JW about #1 and 2 cause that is a very, very fast leaf extreme wilt.. that's what @LKABudMan 'S auto looked like after 11 days
1. Yes.
2. Avg. temps around 78F
3. I have not looked at trichs. I planned to at some point but I didn't think there'd be any changes to see within the first few days.

Hiya GDB!

You grow some excellent plants. Intentionally droughting scares the pants off me. Hoping they recover - I see Krissi is here keeping an eye out so you should be good.
Thanks GB. I can't find my pants!

Hello growers.

Regarding the droughting Grandaddy Blacks, at about 7pm yesterday evening I watered both plants to run-off. I'm undecided about how I will proceed from this point.

Each plant took about a gallon of water before beginning to pee. (Prior to the droughting attempt they had begun peeing after drinking about 3 liters.)

Per your suggestions (and thanks to you all), I may try letting them drought for another 3-4 days and then give them small rescue drinks (while also having a few myself). Or I may forgo the droughting due to my belief that the pots are too small and my temps are too high.

I did cut and scope one of the plants yesterday. I definitely see some movement of the trichomes toward "forming a community" of sorts. They're starting to meld into each other. That is encouraging because that's what I wanted to see.
Scope_013.jpg

Still, I'm supposed to be trying to stress the plants. But if I feel that the conditions are not ideal at this time, I'll be the one who gets stressed the most. :straightface:

I'd like to give it another go but a lot depends on how the plants look this morning. I've got 16 more minutes until lights-on and a visual inspection. We'll all find out together as I will not submit this post until I can include a pic of how they look this morning.

⏲️tic tok ⏲️....​

Times up. Here they are about 14 hours after being watered:
GDBs post drought 1-10-23.jpg

A partial recovery at best. I'll have to see how they look as the day progresses.

-----------

BTW
, before I watered them yesterday I made a quick trip to my local grow shop and bought a wetting agent. I figured in this situation one would be helpful.
IMG_6122.jpg

It's made up of:
80% yucca schidigera extract
4% aloe vera extract
16% quillaga saponaria extract

That last ingredient is sometimes used as a foaming agent (in soaps) and really does create a foam head when mixed with water. Using the Rain had me feeling like I was watering the plants with a nice, freshly tapped pale ale! :)

But get a load of the price on that bottle, damn near $50! The cost of everything in this city is so damn high it makes my head spin.😬

Luckily, my grow shop will match any price + shipping costs that you can direct them to on the internet. I showed them I could get in on the Space Guy's site for $34 with free shipping and they sold it to me for that amount!

Thanks for looking in.

I need to go find my pants.

PEACE.

But get a load of the price on that bottle, damn near $50!
I was looking at that on your photo Yikes. I bet your happy that a 40oz of pale ale isn’t $34 a bottle. Then again I don’t know if you can get a 40 of a PA more like a PBL.:laughtwo:

So when do you think it will be time to take these plants down even in drought they look tasty.

1. Yes.
2. Avg. temps around 78F
3. I have not looked at trichs. I planned to at some point but I didn't think there'd be any changes to see within the first few days.
So bizarre. I see another need for a go again with another plant. I think this was a hiccup in the processes. We will get one to last longer so you can check on those trichomes. I want this to work for you! I want you to see it work, desperately

Times up. Here they are about 14 hours after being watered: A partial recovery at best. I'll have to see how they look as the day progresses
That's what my Sour G looked like after the recovery watering, and it never looked any better. I (and you) went well beyond the 50% change in leaf wilt angle that Caplan recommends, which is past the point of no return.

The flowers should still do exactly what you intended though.
Using the Rain had me feeling like I was watering the plants with a nice, freshly tapped pale ale!
Nice! Wish I had some use for the Rain here... ☔

Hello growers.

About 6 hours since the last pic, the GDBs still look pretty downtrodden.
GDBs post drought 1-10-23.jpg

But there is a ray of hope! I took all of the dead leaves off one stem to get a better look! 👀 There are still some healthy little leaves. I'm thinking she's got a bit more fight in her.
GDB1 post drought clean.jpg

I'm going to drought her again for another 3-4 days and then pull the plug. I really want to see what evolves with these trichomes. They've already given me a hint as to where they were heading!

To the extent that I can, I'll remove the dead leaves from all the branches on both plants. I don't want them blocking any light. I just know I'll have to put up with constant squawking from my Lazy-Meter. :)

PEACE.

I’ve been wanting the rain but the price tag is just crazy
You can get a 2oz bag of RAW yucca extract powder for $22 that will probably last for years since it's like 1/8th tsp/gallon.

[They also sell 2oz powdered quillaga saponaria extract (brand name No-Till Solutions) for $16. Haven't used that so I can't tell you any advantages of one over the other]

But there is a ray of hope! I took all of the dead leaves off on a stem to get a better look! 👀 They are still some healthy little leaves. I'm thinking she's got a bit more fight in her.
Nice green on the sugar leaves! My recommendation is not to let those go crispy with the next round of drought since there won't be much water that the plants can pull from the fans now.

Oops! Forgot the comments.

I bet your happy that a 40oz of pale ale isn’t $34 a bottle.
I downed many a 40oz back in the day Nev but they were only about $1.25. :rofl:
So bizarre. I see another need for a go again with another plant. I think this you were was a hiccup in the processes.
Be honest Krissi! :laugh:
it never looked any better
Damn!
past the point of no return
Double damn!
The flowers should still do exactly what you intended though.
Whew! Thanks Shed.
Nice! Wish I had some use for the Rain here... ☔
I hope you're doing okay with the weather you're getting. I've been holding my breath about hearing something bad from the Cali members.

You can get a 2oz bag of RAW yucca extract powder for $22 that will probably last for years since it's like 1/8th tsp/gallon.

[They also sell 2oz powdered quillaga saponaria extract (brand name No-Till Solutions) for $16. Haven't used that so I can't tell you any advantages of one over the other]
Yup, lots of stuff out there Shed. But I needed mine that day! That meant going to the local grow shop which, of course, does not stock a wide array of wetting agents. :)
Nice green on the sugar leaves! My recommendation is not to let those go crispy with the next round of drought since there won't be much water that the plants can pull from the fans now.
Fans. What fans? :laugh:

Still, I'm supposed to be trying to stress the plants.
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that you're succeeding pretty well with the stress thing..makes me thirsty just looking at those GDB's.. 😳

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that you're succeeding pretty well with the stress thing..makes me thirsty just looking at those GDB's.. 😳
Too funny Carcass!

I'm really no expert but I agree, yeah they're stressed! :rofl:

HeY GDB I was wondering what you use to get pictures of your trichomes?
Hey Lootz!

I use a microscopic camera. They have plenty of them available on the Zon for around $30.

This is the one I'm currently using (connected to my laptop):

micro camera.jpg

BTW, my girls are going to have to kick it into gear to catch up with where yours are on their day 40-something! 👀

But like you, I am enjoying the Greenpoint genetics!

Back
Top Bottom