GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hey Lootz!

I use a microscopic camera. They have plenty of them available on the Zon for around $30.

This is the one I'm currently using (connected to my laptop):

micro camera.jpg
This is the exact one I was looking at! Adding it to the shopping cart now. I have plenty of time until I need it but good to have it beforehand
BTW, my girls are going to have to kick it into gear to catch up with where yours are on their day 40-something! 👀

But like you, I am enjoying the Greenpoint genetics!
Thank you! It’s all them really.
I just torture them from time to time

Greenpoint has been very solid so far!
Through veg the genetics of each strain are very consistent!
And yet have they enough differences to tell which parent one is leaning toward Vs the other.

I’m very excited to see what they do in flower especially after seeing the football shaped nugs your plants grew!

I need to stop taking clones so I can get to the other $200 of seeds I have from them.

Thinking Bananimal will be started soon

Hello grow gang.

Welcome back to the Thanksgiving Harvest. For those of you who may be wondering, "Damn. When is his Thanksgiving?" Well, damn it, it's when I say it is! :)

The Droughted Ones

The 2 droughted GDBs were watered to run off on this past Monday evening. After that I let them go for 2 days without water. Then on yesterday I gave them both 1L of water each. I'll let them go without water today and tomorrow then give them another liter each on Sunday. Two more days of thirst after that and then I'll water them to run off, wait a few more days and then take them down. This has become a short series of "mini-droughts."
TG GDBs 1-13-23 F74.jpg

Once you get past the dried and crinkly fans they don't look half bad. Her buds are colorful and firm, and the sugar leaves remain green.
TG GDB bud 1-13-23 F74.jpg

-----------

The buds on the Pineapple Express on flip 69 are getting heavier and pulling down branches. But I'm temporarily out of bamboo!

PE 1-13-23 F69.jpg

-----------

The whole gang back in the tent. The Purple Dream & Purple Tahoe (front left and right, respectively) are on flip 89. Either of them can come down at any time. I've given up on trying to keep the PT upright. Her buds are super-heavy and it's not worth the effort with her having so few days remaining.

TG tent 1-13-23 F69-74-89.jpg

In fact, yesterday I had convinced myself that I was going to take down the PT today. But Jan. 8th was our 36th wedding anniversary and the Mrs. and I are celebrating it by going out to dinner this evening. I think wrestling with the PT for most of the day might have left me in a less-than-celebratory mood by this evening so I decided to hold off until tomorrow (when I'll have to come up with a new excuse for not doing it :straightface:).

That's all I've got for today.

Happy growing all!

PEACE.

Well, damn it, it's when I say it is! :)
I like you firm like that!
Hello grow gang.

Welcome back to the Thanksgiving Harvest. For those of you who may be wondering, "Damn. When is his Thanksgiving?" Well, damn it, it's when I say it is! :)

The Droughted Ones

The 2 droughted GDBs were watered to run off on this past Monday evening. After that I let them go for 2 days without water. Then on yesterday I gave them both 1L of water each. I'll let them go without water today and tomorrow then give them another liter each on Sunday. Two more days of thirst after that and then I'll water them to run off, wait a few more days and then take them down. This has become a short series of "mini-droughts."
TG GDBs 1-13-23 F74.jpg

Once you get past the dried and crinkly fans they don't look half bad. Her buds are colorful and firm, and the sugar leaves remain green.

-----------

The buds on the Pineapple Express on flip 69 are getting heavier and pulling down branches. But I'm temporarily out of bamboo!

PE 1-13-23 F69.jpg

-----------

The whole gang back in the tent. The Purple Dream & Purple Tahoe (front left and right, respectively) are on flip 89. Either of them can come down at any time. I've given up on trying to keep the PT upright. Her buds are super-heavy and it's not worth the effort with her having so few days remaining.

In fact, yesterday I had convinced myself that I was going to take down the PT today. But Jan. 8th was our 36th wedding anniversary and the Mrs. and I are celebrating it by going out to dinner this evening. I think wrestling with the PT for most of the day might have left me in a less-than-celebratory mood by this evening so I decided to hold off until tomorrow (when I'll have to come up with a new excuse for not doing it :straightface:).

Happy growing all!

PEACE.
Happy anniversary to you two! Enjoy tonight with the better half!
Your drought would make @Maritimer and @Krissi Carbone proud! Those buds are going to blow your mind!

Thanks for all the happy anniversary wishes folks.

Thirty-six years was easy. The time just flew by!

On our 10th anniversary I took her to Hawaii to celebrate. On our 35th anniversary I went to get her and brought her back home. :)

Hello grow gang.

The Droughted Ones

TG GDBs 1-13-23 F74.jpg

-----------

PE 1-13-23 F69.jpg

-----------

Happy growing all!

PEACE.
Happy anniversary my friend. :yahoo:
That's just wonderful.
You must be doing something right. :thumb:
Hope you have many more.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks for all the happy anniversary wishes folks.

Thirty-six years was easy. The time just flew by!

On our 10th anniversary I took her to Hawaii to celebrate. On our 35th anniversary I went to get her and brought her back home. :)
:laughtwo:

Congrats on the "time spent" @Grand Daddy Black :thumb:. Well done.

I somehow got dropped from notifications of this thread a while back, but all caught up now. Great to see you trying your hand at draughting. Good thing it's done at the end of the grow, eh? ;)

Ahoy There!
From the looks of the photos, I would say @StoneOtter is correct. @Grand Daddy Black has begun crafting his garden, and I couldn't be happier. 👩‍🌾 The more droughters we have, the more pain we can manage. Any cannabis plant that undergoes applied drought will benefit the end users most. The gardeners may not care for the visual indicators of successful drought, as the prized cultivars can get to looking pretty shabby. The rising levels of ABA will do that to a girl. However, the end users will become the sole beneficiary of the enhanced resin production.

Great job GDB
Been wanting to stop and say Hello.

Ahoy There!
From the looks of the photos, I would say @StoneOtter is correct. @Grand Daddy Black has begun crafting his garden, and I couldn't be happier. 👩‍🌾 The more droughters we have, the more pain we can manage. Any cannabis plant that undergoes applied drought will benefit the end users most. The gardeners may not care for the visual indicators of successful drought, as the prized cultivars can get to looking pretty shabby. The rising levels of ABA will do that to a girl. However, the end users will become the sole beneficiary of the enhanced resin production.

Great job GDB
Been wanting to stop and say Hello.
I and my droughted plants are humbled by you visit @Maritimer. Thanks for stopping by! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

Over the past few days I have been scoping the Purple Dream & the Purple Tahoe in order to see which one I should take down first, even if it's a little early. I need to chop at least one of them ASAP to avoid having several takedowns bunched up together.

And the winner is....

The Purple Dream!
PD_Scope 1-14-23 F90.jpg

PD_Scope1 1-14-23 F90.jpg

PD_Scope2 1-14-23 F90.jpg

Her time is up!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello again all.

I made quick work of taking down the Purple Dream. It took slightly less than 2 hours!

Obit Pic:
PD end OBIT 1-16-23 F92 .JPG

Silhouette:
PD end silhouette 1-16-23 F92 .JPG

And what has become my fav pic of the takedown process, the "No Longer Supported" pic:
PD end no support 1-16-23 F92.JPG

Array Pic:
PD end array 1-16-23 F92.JPG

Lite Trim Pic:
PD end trimmed 1-16-23 F92.JPG

She's no big yielder but hopefully will produce some quality product. I look forward to smashing some of her!

I'm undecided on how to dry her so for now she'll spend a little time in a paper bag.
PD end bagged 1-16-23 F92.jpg

It's good to have one of these plants down. As much as I love growing them, I must admit I absolutely detest trimming them!

The Purple Tahoe will be next and that's the one I'm looking forward to the least. I may try to get my wayward son to come over and do it but I can't bank on that happening. After her, the 2 Grandaddy Purples will soon follow and they should be fairly easy takedowns. Then in about 2 more weeks, the Pineapple Express will be the last. She should be relatively easy to trim as well.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

The Purple Tahoe will be next and that's the one I'm looking forward to the least. I may try to get my wayward son to come over and do it but I can't bank on that happening
Plus, you'd probably have to share the harvest with him. Which you probably will anyway, but if he helped you'd feel obligated. 🫤

Back
Top Bottom