GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello again all.

I made quick work of taking down the Purple Dream. It took slightly less than 2 hours!

Obit Pic:
PD end OBIT 1-16-23 F92 .JPG

Silhouette:
PD end silhouette 1-16-23 F92 .JPG

And what has become my fav pic of the takedown process, the "No Longer Supported" pic:
PD end no support 1-16-23 F92.JPG

Array Pic:
PD end array 1-16-23 F92.JPG

Lite Trim Pic:
PD end trimmed 1-16-23 F92.JPG

She's no big yielder but hopefully will produce some quality product. I look forward to smashing some of her!

I'm undecided on how to dry her so for now she'll spend a little time in a paper bag.
PD end bagged 1-16-23 F92.jpg

It's good to have one of these plants down. As much as I love growing them, I must admit I absolutely detest trimming them!

The Purple Tahoe will be next and that's the one I'm looking forward to the least. I may try to get my wayward son to come over and do it but I can't bank on that happening. After her, the 2 Grandaddy Purples will soon follow and they should be fairly easy takedowns. Then in about 2 more weeks, the Pineapple Express will be the last. She should be relatively easy to trim as well.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
It's going in the fridge ay?

Nice on the takedown champ. :bravo:

Lite Trim Pic:
Thanks for the daily. I see puppers got a home and someone getting small pkgs from Vietnam? My guess would be seeds. And when did the girls get out of prison? Most importantly I’m extremely happy to see Agnes is still in color. So many questions so little time. Chop chop trim trim.
:thumb:

I made quick work of taking down the Purple Dream. It took slightly less than 2 hours!
:yahoo: Congratulations and a happy Thanksgiving! Big yielder or nah it looks like a nice haul.
Obit Pic:
Oh, the Lifestyle section? Nice to read the funnies and that the shelter dog found a home (and that Pussy Riot is still a thing), but we (at least Nev and I) wanted to know who died!

[edit: great minds...]
the "No Longer Supported" pic:
LOL! Love that full flop. Sometimes we all need a little support. :)
The Purple Tahoe will be next and that's the one I'm looking forward to the least. I may try to get my wayward son to come over and do it but I can't bank on that happening. After her, the 2 Grandaddy Purples will soon follow and they should be fairly easy takedowns. Then in about 2 more weeks, the Pineapple Express will be the last. She should be relatively easy to trim as well.
I hope you can get a bit of help without too much drama. At least only one of the four will need some assistance to tackle.

Plus, you'd probably have to share the harvest with him. Which you probably will anyway, but if he helped you'd feel obligated. 🫤
He's my son so I always feel kinda' obligated to share with him. But I'd feel relief too if he trimmed it! :)

Congratulations and a happy Thanksgiving!
I'm kicking myself. I could have named this the MLK Day Harvest! :)
but we (at least Nev and I) wanted to know who died!
Trust me Shed, people are dying who have never died before! :)
LOL! Love that full flop.
Me too! I get such a kick out of watching them splay when the supports are removed. :)
I hope you can get a bit of help without too much drama.
I could have named this dude "Drama" and nobody who knows him would blink an eye. :straightface:
Great job on the Purple Dream GDB, on to the curing!
Thanks Stunger.:thanks:

It's going in the fridge ay?
Just for tonight, yes. I'm currently trying to get the temps down and the humidity up in my laundry drying room so I can hang them in there.

Nice on the takedown champ. :bravo:

Thanks for the daily. I see puppers got a home and someone getting small pkgs from Vietnam? My guess would be seeds. And when did the girls get out of prison? Most importantly I’m extremely happy to see Agnes is still in color. So many questions so little time. Chop chop trim trim.
:thumb:
Did you even look at the plant Nev? :laugh:

A little late for Thanksgiving leftovers, isn't it ;) Congrats on the harvest and good luck on the rest.

what does that wetting solution do ?
Hey Con. :ciao:

It helps water soak into the soil and better infiltrate the medium. The soil of droughted plants was really dry and crusty on top. (The technical term is "hydrophobic," which means "dry and crusty." :) )

I used a wire coat hanger to poke some aeration holes in the soil before watering with the wetting agent.

Hey Con. :ciao:

It helps water soak into the soil and better infiltrate the medium. The soil of droughted plants was really dry and crusty on top. (The technical term is "hydrophobic," which means "dry and crusty." :) )

I used a wire coat hanger to poke some aeration holes in the soil before watering with the wetting agent.
i see, instead of the water running through it like it was gravel

Hello growers.

Time's up for the Purple Tahoe!
PT_Scope.jpg

PT_Scope1.jpg

PT_Scope2.jpg

PT_Scope3.jpg

There no assistance to be had so I may as well get to it.

This one might take until tomorrow to finish!

PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom