Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Less is more when it comes to nutrients and growing Cannabis. It's a light feeding crop compared to other food crops like tomatoes and chilies but people still think more is better and that it's a good idea to force feed the plant.
When I said I kept bumping up the nutrients I meant that I was actually diluting them originally but because they were flowering I thought I would try less n less water until they got burned. If I had been using the manufacturer’s directions they never would’ve made it. CL🍀

Golden Tiger
Day 19 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

I'm pretty sick with the Crohns at the moment so about all I'm able to do, is just what's absolutely necessary. :rolleyes: I topped the reservoir as usual yesterday and checked the PH, normal. Didn't even take pictures.:rolleyes: It makes me more nauseous to hold my head up.:oops: I'm a little better today but still bad. I did get some protein drinks to give me something until I can eat.
So, I didn't get online yesterday and probably won't be catching up on the threads I'm following for a bit. :hmmmm:

I did spend some time this morning tying limbs down. Nothing out of the ordinary happening in the grow. No obvious signs of flowering yet.

GT Day 19 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 19 since flip.

GT Day 19 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 19 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 19 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 19 since flip. front plant

Golden Tiger
Day 28 since flip.

I found the grow area humming along this morning after a week of not being checked while I was in the hospital.
The Crohns had been kicking my butt for a couple of weeks and wasn't getting better. Last Thursday I called for an ambulance and ended up staying in the hospital for a week. Got home yesterday afternoon and didn't check the hydroponics grow until this morning. The Blueberry is finished. One plant looks like it would make it but the other three are dead. Any time I've had severe stress on a plants before I got self pollinated grows. So I will be clearing the Blueberry side up and cleaning everything for next year. They were just too big to leave alone.

I changed the Golden Tiger reservoir this morning to a modified Early Bloom concentration. I re-adjusted the light to 30" above the first screen. I took a picture of how they looked when I first laid eyes on them this morning, then took pictures after tying everything down. The screen is full and they will probably stretch for another month, so they will probably have to be pruned back again. Since the Blueberry is finished, I will run CO2 on the Golden Tiger.

GT Day 28 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 28 flower. As I found them after a week.

GT Day 28 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 28 flower. After tying everything down to the 1st screen. It's full, time to let them go vertical.

GT Day 28 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 28 flower.

GT Day 28 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 28 since flip.

I found the grow area humming along this morning after a week of not being checked while I was in the hospital.
The Crohns had been kicking my butt for a couple of weeks and wasn't getting better. Last Thursday I called for an ambulance and ended up staying in the hospital for a week. Got home yesterday afternoon and didn't check the hydroponics grow until this morning. The Blueberry is finished. One plant looks like it would make it but the other three are dead. Any time I've had severe stress on a plants before I got self pollinated grows. So I will be clearing the Blueberry side up and cleaning everything for next year. They were just too big to leave alone.

I changed the Golden Tiger reservoir this morning to a modified Early Bloom concentration. I re-adjusted the light to 30" above the first screen. I took a picture of how they looked when I first laid eyes on them this morning, then took pictures after tying everything down. The screen is full and they will probably stretch for another month, so they will probably have to be pruned back again. Since the Blueberry is finished, I will run CO2 on the Golden Tiger.

GT Day 28 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 28 flower. As I found them after a week.

GT Day 28 flower (3).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 28 flower. After tying everything down to the 1st screen. It's full, time to let them go vertical.

GT Day 28 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 28 flower (5).JPG

Sorry about the hospital visit! Chrons sucks and I know the struggles! Have you tried any exclusion diets? My stomach is weird and things that normally "settles the stomach" like blueberries are the complete opposite for me. I had to exclude so many regular things that really destroys my stomach and nutrient absorption.

I've had to exclude Canola oil and try to stay away from any vegetable oil. Chicken and eggs are a big no no, that make me sick for days. Same goes with beans, any legume, avocados, uncocked peppers, carrots and different spices. Canola oil is in practically anything you buy in the store so it's a big problem for me and I can't exclude it completely but try to avoid it the best I can.

The Golden Tigers are gonna be a Tanglewood filled with buds!

Cheers bud!

Sorry to hear that you had to spend time in hospital but really pleased that the grow continues unabated.
Thanks Hombre. :) I expected the Golden Tiger to be relatively okay, but I had to make a choice about the Blueberry and chose to let it go. It was too thick and drinking heavily, and I thought I might be in the hospital as much as two weeks, and knew the dehumidifier wouldn't be available, so I cut off it's light and turned off the reservoir water pump. Surprisingly the plant in front is still alive, but I don't trust it to not self pollinate and ruin my Golden Tiger. I've had a couple grows go that way over the past twelve years and both times there was a highly stressful event that occurred, one involving grower error and the reservoir water pump, the other a root problem caused by lack of O2 during the first month of growth in my little DIY DWC for baby plants.

Sorry about the hospital visit! Chrons sucks and I know the struggles! Have you tried any exclusion diets? My stomach is weird and things that normally "settles the stomach" like blueberries are the complete opposite for me. I had to exclude so many regular things that really destroys my stomach and nutrient absorption.

I've had to exclude Canola oil and try to stay away from any vegetable oil. Chicken and eggs are a big no no, that make me sick for days. Same goes with beans, any legume, avocados, uncocked peppers, carrots and different spices. Canola oil is in practically anything you buy in the store so it's a big problem for me and I can't exclude it completely but try to avoid it the best I can.

The Golden Tigers are gonna be a Tanglewood filled with buds!

Cheers bud!
I was diagnosed with Crohns about four years ago and was told then to get surgery to remove a stricture near the small and large intestine juncture.:oops: I said hell no, and continued on for four more years.:rolleyes: I take Humira(biologic) and for the most part it does the job but is losing effectiveness against the Crohns. I also have Anklosing Spondilitis and it still works well for that.:) I really haven't noticed any real food related problems. When the inflammation kicks in it just brings everything to a halt, and the food intake has to be curtailed. This time I was mostly blocked and it didn't improve as usual. I had some intestine removed and have to wear a bag for six months.😯 I'm still getting used to it. :bong: I lost over 20lbs in three weeks, including the chopped out part.:oops: I am hungry as a bear coming out of hibernation now.😮 I am eating and drinking protein drinks with meals and am hungry again after about two hours.:oops:

Thanks Hombre. :) I expected the Golden Tiger to be relatively okay, but I had to make a choice about the Blueberry and chose to let it go. It was too thick and drinking heavily, and I thought I might be in the hospital as much as two weeks, and knew the dehumidifier wouldn't be available, so I cut off it's light and turned off the reservoir water pump. Surprisingly the plant in front is still alive, but I don't trust it to not self pollinate and ruin my Golden Tiger. I've had a couple grows go that way over the past twelve years and both times there was a highly stressful event that occurred, one involving grower error and the reservoir water pump, the other a root problem caused by lack of O2 during the first month of growth in my little DIY DWC for baby plants.

I was diagnosed with Crohns about four years ago and was told then to get surgery to remove a stricture near the small and large intestine juncture.:oops: I said hell no, and continued on for four more years.:rolleyes: I take Humira(biologic) and for the most part it does the job but is losing effectiveness against the Crohns. I also have Anklosing Spondilitis and it still works well for that.:) I really haven't noticed any real food related problems. When the inflammation kicks in it just brings everything to a halt, and the food intake has to be curtailed. This time I was mostly blocked and it didn't improve as usual. I had some intestine removed and have to wear a bag for six months.😯 I'm still getting used to it. :bong: I lost over 20lbs in three weeks, including the chopped out part.:oops: I am hungry as a bear coming out of hibernation now.😮 I am eating and drinking protein drinks with meals and am hungry again after about two hours.:oops:
We share the same two diseases. When I was younger I was always anemic and couldn't keep weight. I was diagnosed with was back then called Bechtrewes disease. Crohns was not really on people's minds.

I do a lot of different things to try to keep inflammation down and haven't been on any anti inflammatory drugs for years now. I haven't tried Humira but it's like you say that most TNF inhibitors loose effectiveness after long term use.

The only time my body goes in the right direction and actually heals instead of degrades is when I have everything in check. I have to be very strict with supplementing all the essential minerals and vitamins since my intestinal system works on overtime and doesn't have enough time to break them down in to usable form for uptake.

I've made my own turmeric extract/paste for years and I eat that with 100mg active Boswellia Serrata extract. I also have to force myself to work out regularly to force the body in to focusing on building new tissues instead of "eating" on joints and ligaments.

Sorry for the wall of text but I think it's of utter most important to share and help each other out through our different experiences, strengths and struggles!

Happy your doing better bud!

Golden Tiger
Day 29 since flip.

I am letting them go vertical now and put the 2nd screen on this morning. I really didn't need it yet, but I do need it to mount the CO2 bubbler. I will hook the bucket up this afternoon. The yeast has been pitched and It needs to multiply for a few hours.:hmmmm::)

The plants are looking good and showing no signs of harm from yesterday's new reservoir. I cut the nitrogen back, by using less Micro and less CalMag+ than I usually would.:hmmmm::bong:

GT Day 29 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 29 flower.

GT Day 29 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 29 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 29 flower (4).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 29 flower. with flash

Golden Tiger
Day 30 since flip.

We're in for a heat wave, so the next week the AC will run alot but the CO2 bucket is now bubbling strong. We'll see how the GT likes the addition. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

They are going vertical and it won't be long till it looks like a hundred colas shooting to and through the 2nd screen :oops:which is 15inches/38cm above the 1st screen. I will use it to spread the stalks out and maximize the light availability to each one. We shall see how deep the light will go with the thin leaved Sativa. The Panama got better than normal bud production down the stalk, rather than the thick leaved strains that only let light through the very top.:hmmmm:

They are drinking much more now than they were before my absence. The PH is still not dropping hard, as is the norm for flowering plants in hydro.:hmmmm::bong:

GT Day 30 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 30 flower.

GT Day 30 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 30 since flip.

We're in for a heat wave, so the next week the AC will run alot but the CO2 bucket is now bubbling strong. We'll see how the GT likes the addition. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

They are going vertical and it won't be long till it looks like a hundred colas shooting to and through the 2nd screen :oops:which is 15inches/38cm above the 1st screen. I will use it to spread the stalks out and maximize the light availability to each one. We shall see how deep the light will go with the thin leaved Sativa. The Panama got better than normal bud production down the stalk, rather than the thick leaved strains that only let light through the very top.:hmmmm:

They are drinking much more now than they were before my absence. The PH is still not dropping hard, as is the norm for flowering plants in hydro.:hmmmm::bong:

GT Day 30 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 30 flower (1).JPG

I’m very impressed with your skills because you’re growing a very temperamental strain. Great call lowering the N. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Im glad to see u back and hopefully u r feeling much better now. That’s too bad about your blueberry, but at least all was not lost.
It hurt to pull the plug on it, :( and it might have been fine,:hmmmm: but not for two weeks. 😮 It ended up being only one. :rolleyes: The Golden Tiger didn't seem bothered at all and if anything it made covering the screen easier.:) Just had to bend the long branches over and instant new vertical branches coming from all the lower nodes.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Looking great! That is going to be a jungle. I haven't grown a pure sativa yet and am amazed at the difference in the flower development at this stage.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I grew Panama last year. Different but similar. Slow to finish flowering and lots of stretching.:hmmmm::bong:

It hurt to pull the plug on it, :( and it might have been fine,:hmmmm: but not for two weeks. 😮 It ended up being only one. :rolleyes: The Golden Tiger didn't seem bothered at all and if anything it made covering the screen easier.:) Just had to bend the long branches over and instant new vertical branches coming from all the lower nodes.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
The growth on the Tiger used to amaze me. How fast I’d supercrop a branch and then it would grow right back. And then when it starts to stretch it’s fugetta bout it. lol CL🍀. :morenutes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

The growth on the Tiger used to amaze me. How fast I’d supercrop a branch and then it would grow right back. And then when it starts to stretch it’s fugetta bout it. lol CL🍀. :morenutes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's funny Capn, when I run a true scrog, as I'm doing with the Tiger. I wince in pain when I prune it by mistake.:oops: Going horizontal gives you plenty of new sites. Prunning or topping can make it too thick. I haven't broke a branch yet on the Tiger, very limber at this stage. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

Back
Top Bottom