Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Wow they are taking off. Looking great! I'm not sure if you'll be sativad out after this run but I'm really considering a Malawi x Panama run next. I know you've done the Panama before but if you have any interest it would be fun to get a collaborative grow going. Just a thought.
I think they are taking off too, but it's an early call.
It would have to be next season for me. I take off after the 2nd grows of the year. I have some Panama Bangi Haze from ACE and some Malawi Gold from somebody else, World of Seeds maybe. The Malawi are pretty old. I also have 5 seeds from the Panama grow. I guess five little pollen migrated over from the Headroom Incident. So it would be Panama x Headroom Incident. The HI were big plants too.
I like to do the long running Sativas on the 2nd grow so I'm not waiting to put something else into the tray. Less stressful. :)

Understandable. I should get enough cheesecake this run to give me some extra flowering time for a pure sativa run. Will be my first. I'm really curious about the Bangi Haze though so maybe are cycles will align next year.
If I run them and they pop. They are probably more than 5yrs old. I think they are supposed to run longer than Panama but less than Golden Tiger or some Malawi. My 2nd grows start in July, usually, and run almost to years end for one of our long flowering Sativas.

Golden Tiger
Day 16 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are looking healthy. No apparent issues with using normal amount of CalMag+ (2-0-0) vice reduced amounts in Early Growth reservoir.
More and more limbs to tie down, no signs of pistils, I'll tie things down until I can't find more room or it starts to flower too much to be handled.

The de-humidifier is getting a workout. Between the ambient outside RH being near 100% and the Blueberry shedding water, it's full on bi-daily checks.

GT Day 16 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 16 since flip.

GT Day 16 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 16 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 16 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 16 since flip. front plant with flash

GT Day 16 flower (5).JPG

Looks like you’re getting a good spread on your gals. Started week 5(F) and I think she’s still not yet done stretching, and so I wonder how big your gals still wanna grow. :thumb:

Golden Tiger
Day 16 since flip.

The plants are looking healthy. No apparent issues with using normal amount of CalMag+ (2-0-0) vice reduced amounts in Early Growth reservoir.
More and more limbs to tie down, no signs of pistils, I'll tie things down until I can't find more room or it starts to flower too much to be handled.

The de-humidifier is getting a workout. Between the ambient outside RH being near 100% and the Blueberry shedding water, it's full on bi-daily checks.

GT Day 16 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 16 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 16 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 16 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 16 since flip. front plant with flash

GT Day 16 flower (5).JPG

Hey GW I was wondering if you’re feeding them your regular diet or not? Looking really good 👍. CL🍀

Looks like you’re getting a good spread on your gals. Started week 5(F) and I think she’s still not yet done stretching, and so I wonder how big your gals still wanna grow. :thumb:

Looking stunning! Nicky dialled in.

You have many more weeks of stretch yet. Even when flowering she'll continue to grow.
I think it really just started stretching maybe one or two days ago. :hmmmm: Nice wide node spacing.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I read someone write and I wish I remembered who, that on average most plants will stretch for 40% of their total flowering time. So I used 120 days of flowering as a baseline and call stretch starting on Day 14. So 120x.40 = 48 days of stretching. Add 14 from pre stretch and 48 days stretch, equals 62 days until the stretch is over.
I know this would be very unlikely to be right on the money, but it's fun to prognosticate. So lets see how close to 62 days from flip, it stops stretching.
It would be great if I could keep tying them down long enough so that their total vertical growth doesn't force excess pruning. I still want to make the final spread a bowl shape, but don't want to prune down too many colas. I do think the GT bud pairs of pruned stalks will act more like the Panama and continue to make spears but in a pair instead of a single. The Fuel D.OG had a few pruned down colas that made fat bud pairs at the top instead of the long spears.

I have managed to not top/prune any part of the GT yet. Just bending them horizontal makes the lower nodes take off without the doubling of the tops. I think the GT will be bushy enough without encouraging it.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley::bong::bong:

Hey GW I was wondering if you’re feeding them your regular diet or not? Looking really good 👍. CL🍀
I will give it a modified one, but at the moment the 2nd reservoir is my normal one for Early Growth. The first reservoir had the same Early Growth mix but I used half as much CalMag+(2-0-0). On the 2nd one I gave it the full amount of 60ml, the 1st one 25ml. My plan at this point is to give them less Micro as that has the most Nitrogen of the three liquid nutes. I can add a little more KoolBloom(0-10-10) but that won't be a factor until they really start flowering hard:):hmmmm:. Until then they will just get a little less than normal of Micro (5-0-1).:bong:

I will give it a modified one, but at the moment the 2nd reservoir is my normal one for Early Growth. The first reservoir had the same Early Growth mix but I used half as much CalMag+(2-0-0). On the 2nd one I gave it the full amount of 60ml, the 1st one 25ml. My plan at this point is to give them less Micro as that has the most Nitrogen of the three liquid nutes. I can add a little more KoolBloom(0-10-10) but that won't be a factor until they really start flowering hard:):hmmmm:. Until then they will just get a little less than normal of Micro (5-0-1).:bong:
Sounds like a plan and I think you’ve been doing a great job. It took me a while before I got it right. CL🍀

Sounds like a plan and I think you’ve been doing a great job. It took me a while before I got it right. CL🍀
I've just got to remember to be patient. :rolleyes: These will take longer than most and I don't have anything going into the tray after them:hmmmm:, so they can have all the time they need.:):bong:

I've just got to remember to be patient. :rolleyes: These will take longer than most and I don't have anything going into the tray after them:hmmmm:, so they can have all the time they need.:):bong:
I made that mistake thinking 🤔 because they were flowering that I could keep bumping up on the nutes. I burned all the tips and it kept getting worse. Smh CL🍀

I made that mistake thinking 🤔 because they were flowering that I could keep bumping up on the nutes. I burned all the tips and it kept getting worse. Smh CL🍀
Less is more when it comes to nutrients and growing Cannabis. It's a light feeding crop compared to other food crops like tomatoes and chilies but people still think more is better and that it's a good idea to force feed the plant.

Yeah, I think I've got all that under control. I already have the year's weed needs met, so I don't need to push them. I've never heard it mentioned yet that they are PK sensitive when flowering hard. ACE says they do need a bit of that in their write up.
Less is more when it comes to nutrients and growing Cannabis. It's a light feeding crop compared to other food crops like tomatoes and chilies but people still think more is better and that it's a good idea to force feed the plant.
I agree. I had always changed my reservoir out weekly, mainly because the mfr. mix charts worked. On my last two grows, the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG, I went ten days to a reservoir, instead of seven. I saw no negative results.
I measure the amounts added and follow the chart, but I have no idea of the salt level in the reservoir, and I've found I don't really need too. :) :bong:

Golden Tiger
Day 17 since flip.

I found a few new places to tie down this morning. So far the plants are cooperating and the limbs are popping right where I need them to be, to fill the screen. Super pliable at this point, easy to scrog.

They are still not drinking heavily and that's to be expected due to their size. One benefit is there is little PH adjustment going on.

It's been raining every day and it's supposed to storm this afternoon. No impact on the indoor grow, but the outside Fuel D.OG's buds are getting big and I'd hate to lose them.:rolleyes: It's usually dry in late July and August.:hmmmm:

GT Day 17 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 17 since flip.

GT Day 17 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 17 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 17 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 17 since flip. Front plant.

Yeah, I think I've got all that under control. I already have the year's weed needs met, so I don't need to push them. I've never heard it mentioned yet that they are PK sensitive when flowering hard. ACE says they do need a bit of that in their write up.

I agree. I had always changed my reservoir out weekly, mainly because the mfr. mix charts worked. On my last two grows, the Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG, I went ten days to a reservoir, instead of seven. I saw no negative results.
I measure the amounts added and follow the chart, but I have no idea of the salt level in the reservoir, and I've found I don't really need too. :) :bong:
I think GH TRI part is probably the most proven nutrient line there is for growing Cannabis. Very pH stable and ideal for hydro since you don't really have to bother that much with pH buffers. I think they're talking about the mineral ratios and many purebred sativa's doesn't like Nitrogen in late flower.

You have an easy going adjusting ratios and you could just run straight Lucas formula with the bloom and micro from mid to late flower. That's what we did back in the day and it works really well. It's harder for me who decided to go the traditional dry salt route and while they're the same minerals it's harder to remove nitrogen in late flower with Jacks 321 formula. It is possible to still run long flowering sativa's but you have to mostly rely on using lower EC instead of adjusting the mineral ratios.

I think GH TRI part is probably the most proven nutrient line there is for growing Cannabis. Very pH stable and ideal for hydro since you don't really have to bother that much with pH buffers. I think they're talking about the mineral ratios and many purebred sativa's doesn't like Nitrogen in late flower.

You have an easy going adjusting ratios and you could just run straight Lucas formula with the bloom and micro from mid to late flower. That's what we did back in the day and it works really well. It's harder for me who decided to go the traditional dry salt route and while they're the same minerals it's harder to remove nitrogen in late flower with Jacks 321 formula. It is possible to still run long flowering sativa's but you have to mostly rely on using lower EC instead of adjusting the mineral ratios.

I have heard of Lucas method but haven't read up on it. It was the way most were doing it with GH when I first started. For those that might not know, the Lucas method got rid of the green Growth nutes and only used the Micro and Bloom.

The concern I have is the Micro has most of the Nitrogen, not the Growth(green). It looks like the Lucas method would still be heavy on the nitrogen. I would lose more K than N.

GH three part ratios

Green- 2-1-6
Micro- 5-0-1
Bloom- 0-5-4

I was thinking about just reducing the Micro? Do you think that would get me in more trouble?

I have heard of Lucas method but haven't read up on it. It was the way most were doing it with GH when I first started. For those that might not know, the Lucas method got rid of the green Growth nutes and only used the Micro and Bloom.

The concern I have is the Micro has most of the Nitrogen, not the Growth(green). It looks like the Lucas method would still be heavy on the nitrogen. I would lose more K than N.

GH three part ratios

Green- 2-1-6
Micro- 5-0-1
Bloom- 0-5-4

I was thinking about just reducing the Micro? Do you think that would get me in more trouble?
Here you have the different two with ratios. I set 30ml total of each, first one is Lucas and other one is 3-part. Cheers!
Screenshot_20230807-173802-962.png
Screenshot_20230807-173637_1.png

The Micro and bloom combo is slightly hotter on the total.

Back
Top Bottom