Hijinks Headband & Skywalker Indoor Soil Grow Journal

Day 63 (flower day 7)

Headband are getting wide as well as tall now. Last measured at 33" tall.

Skywalker is still not doing very well

Hopefully I will finish the flower room this weekend - I have been busy with school.

The clones are all doing well. Only 6 are left without roots.

The stretchy thing in the back right is the sugar mango ryder .... It is also already flowering as it is an 'automatic' strain. Seems too early to me to flower.

Thanks for the kind vibes planetary. Unfortunately my neighborhood was impacted heavily by the flood. Since Wednesday night we have been without power. The only road out of where I live was wiped out (the dirt from under the road eroded away and the asphalt just collapsed). Luckily, yesterday there was a two hour window where we were allowed a voluntary evacuation. My girlfriend and I were very lucky to get a hotel room in boulder, but we have no idea when we will be allowed home. We were running out of food and had no running water. luckily i had about 10 gallons of water stored up for the plants so we had plenty to drink. Today it continued to rain so the floods have not subsided. We hope to go home tomorrow but I doubt it. They are focusing on the people who are worse off than us.

I had to put all of my plants in the sunroom and water them before I left. I'm hoping that the opposite light schedule doesn't make my flowering plants hermy, and I hope my veg plants are okay.... Otherwise I will lose 8 strains.

I may hike up to the house tomorrow since now we somehow have power at the house. That way i could set up the plants back on their lighting, but it is still very dangerous out and we could still get power outages again.

I apologize to all those whose journals I follow as I have been unable to keep up with you guys lately! Hope all your plants are well. I'm praying for mine....

Ill post some pics from my phone of the damage on my street later

Day 76 (flower day 20):

Well we were allowed to return to our home on Monday night, and the plants were put back into their normal 12/12 schedule. Two big problems arose as soon as I got back, however.

First problem: One of my 400w ballasts made a light "pop" noise when I turned it on and immediately turned off and will not turn back on now. I contacted the seller on Amazon and within 24 hours he had sent me a return slip for the ballast. As soon as I ship it to him, he is going to send me a new one. Amazon is pretty sweet.

Second problem: It is finally getting pretty chilly in the Colorado mountains at night time, and with every window closed in the house, my grow creates a negative pressure in my entire house, and the negative pressure starts drawing air down my chimney and makes the whole house smell really smokey. Luckily there is no carbon monoxide from this, but as it is a wood burning fireplace, we will actually use it during the wintertime and this could be very dangerous. My quick fix for this is just opening a window slightly somewhere, but this makes the house really cold!

A fix that I read about online would consist of reversing my exhaust and my intake. Rather than exhausting 24/7 out my window, I would make that exhaust the intake and put it on a thermostat-like temperature controller so that it only draws new air when the temps rise to a certain point (because it will be winter outside - very cold air). Next I would reverse the intake and make it an exhaust and just exhaust my grow into the house, also saving on heating/energy costs. This fix requires a $100 temperature controller, and it also will probably need a carbon filter for the exhaust if it's just going to be going straight into my house. So for now, a cracked window will have to suffice. I just bought a motorcycle last week so I dont have a lot of extra money for the grow.

The plants are doing really well. My headband all look really great except the one that was showing cal/mg deficiency, and even that one is still looking pretty decent. The 'problem' skywalker was finally pronounced dead about a week ago, but the one I have left is doing decently. New growth is still showing brown tips, however.

I am not so concerned about the flowering skywalker at this point, because my skywalker clones are looking really good! I have 3 skywalker clones that are rooted, and they have 3 nodes worth of really healthy looking growth so far. I have been foliar feeding the clones once a week with cal/mg (1ml per spray bottle which is 1/4 of a gallon).

Today the Headband were fed their first bloom nutrient solution (7ml).

Headband:

Skywalker:

Dang, that reverse intake/exhaust sounds complicated....and expensive. If it isn't one thing it's another, eh? Sorry to hear of the final hours of the skywalker. I guess now you can put your full concentration into what you have left and all of the other troubles you're experiencing. I do see similarities in your cal/mag deficiency pics to the one I'm having trouble with. I did use a cal/mag solution on the plant for a couple of weeks, but appears to have been no help. Some plants are just destined to be problem kids, I guess. I'll keep plugging at it until it gives!
Glad to hear you had a stable house to come back to after all that disaster there! Looking forward to the rest of your journey. :high-five:

Hey i will be popping a couple 818 headbands here in a couple days as they arrive in the mail ive been looking all over for descriptions on what their stretch is like. and i see you are 20 days in flower so i sure you havea good idea. So what might the stretch be like.

I don't understand how you have " whole house" negative pressure with the set up at stated? What really caught my eye was when you mentioned the wood burning stove. I don't see how you can safely run both the exhaust and the fireplace without the possibility of asphyxiation. How many fans / blowers do you use and what is the cfm ?

Thanks / good luck

so after crossing my fingers and giving the tude one more try my seeds have arrived and with extra. but i wanted to ask you how the 818's stretched when you flipped that is my biggest concern.

Sorry - I didn't mean to ignore you. I have just been absent from this journal.

I would estimate the headband grew 1.5x the size when I switched them to flowering. If stretch is the only thing keeping you from popping them, I would say go for it! You can always lst or supercrop them. Mine have responded really well to multiple supercroppings.

Okay guys, sorry I have been MIA for so long. I am pleased to report that all of my plants are doing well. I am really happy about the quality of the nugs, even from the plants that seemed to be having problems. The flower room was finished recently and the plants were moved into there. They were all starting to fall over under their own weight, so I had to tie them up with string. My photostream finally decided to start working, so here are some recent pictures. The skywalker is not really producing much bud because of how f'd up it was, but luckily I have three really healthy looking skywalker clones.

Flower day 52 (Headband)

They are getting very close to being finished. Recommended 8-9+ weeks, they are almost to 8 weeks.

Also -

To fix my negative "whole house" pressure, I bought a 'phresh' carbon filter and ran my ducting through that and then just exhausting into the lung area of the grow. Both my flower room and veg room are exhausting into it and so far temps have been great now that it is getting colder out.

Before tying them up with string:

The winter exhaust setup:

Hey hijinks i figured you had stuff going on. No i only ask because im triyng to predict when to flip them from seed. And im trying to judge about how much height i need. Also when you say 1.5x's just to clarify do you mean they grew a little more than its size when u flipped?
I have 3 818 i just popped and they are showing their baby leaves just not. Also in the tent with them will be one dinachem.

Back
Top Bottom