Hijinks Headband & Skywalker Indoor Soil Grow Journal

My next batch of seeds arrived today (well they actually came on saturday but I was asleep when they attempted delivery).

I'm not exactly sure when I am going to pop them - I planned on having my flower room done by now, but at the moment buying another 4 lights is a few weeks away.

Props on the way you prepped the transplant pots and the cardboard cutout. Wish I had read that post right before I transplanted all my peppers just now lol I see you have a lemon kush in there as well! That gets my vote for the next to plant to start ,also curious about that critical super silver haze. Looks like fun! Any of the issues clearing up on your Skywalker?

Day 41:

I am thinking now that my lights either have hot spots, or are starting to form them. Either that or I have some plants with genetics that are more susceptible to light stress. Both of my Skywalkers have light stress damage, even though they are both shorter than a Headband that is also under the same light and has no light stress. I also have 1 headband showing slight signs of light stress under the other light but not as bad as the skywalker. I'm not sure how to figure out what my problem is, so for now I have the lights raised about 20+ inches from the plants.

All of the plants seem to be doing well after the transplant and still haven't needed any watering. I will probably let them veg out another week or two max and then start 12/12 as I have no idea how much bigger they will get. I need to choose a mother plant or two soon as well, or at least start some teen clones.

Skywalker

Headband

Hey man thought I would sub and say whats up to someone new.

Your skywalker looks a little sad but dont count them out. What are you feeding them? What kind of soil are you currently using?

Your space looks really clean and like your setup. Hope you could sort it out.

Just curious are you referring to the thin yellow outline on the leaves and them "tacoing" slightly as "signs of light stress"?

Not the yellowing, no. What I am referring to is the curling of the leaves and the burn marks on the edges.

As for dimming the lights, it is not really an option at this point because I also have 2 headband under the same light which are DOING COMPLETELY FINE. There is no reason to dim the lights when my headband (which is taller than the skywalker) is doing fine. It is clearly hotspots or something that wouldn't be solved by just merely dimming the light.
if your ballast is dimable for the lights above you Skywalkers lower its output.

it appears your Skywalkers are more light sensitive then your headbands.

Right, so I can either dim the lights to help my skywalker and get less growth out of my headband, or I can leave it and let my headband keep doing fine.

The skywalker has already been growing much more slowly than the headband and only one of the skywalkers is healthy, so it wouldn't make sense to favor them over my headband which have been growing just fine. This is definitely a learning experience. Maybe I will take some skywalker clones before flowering and try running them under t5s instead of my MH to see if they react better.

Either way- I am sort of over the skywalker at this point. Unless it changes dramatically during flowering, it has not shown very good genetics and won't be something I try to keep around. I just got my 7 new seeds so I plan on replacing the skywalkers with something new anyways

Day 44 (Flowering day 1):

Well I was thinking originally that I was going to veg for 2 months, but I think the extra two weeks would be sort of a waste at this point as I haven't done any sort of training, topping, fimming, supercropping, etc, so I decided to start 12/12 today. Rather than take one of the plants aside for a mother, I decided to take the bottom two nodes from each plant as clones which left me with 24 (25 total because I accidentally cut 5 from one of my Headband - stoner mistake). I used CloneX rooting gel with rapid rooter plugs.

I am hoping for most of them to root and they will all go under my new 4 ft t5. From there I will select a mother and put the rest into flowering.

You would not even notice the bottom two nodes are missing from all of the plants - they still look fairly similar.

Headband

Skywalker

Sugar Mango Ryder

Afghan x White Widow

Day 46:

Well today was a learning experience for me. I had a friend come over who works in a warehouse growing weed legally for a dispensary. He manages 800+ plants with more than 35 strains on a daily basis, so he was very knowledgable and helpful. It turns out that the plants that look like they are stressed from the light are actually going through cal/mag burn. He assured me that my plants were actually very healthy and I shouldn't worry about it. I need to cut back on nitrogen and cal/mag slightly on my feedings.

He also recommend I veg them for another 3 weeks. I am wary to let them go that long because I don't know how big they will get, and I also have never topped or fimmed them so I am not excited to see the weight. I will follow his opinion for at least another week or two of vegging (what I had originally planned on). Tomorrow the lights will go back to metal halide and I put them back to 18/6 after only 2 days on 12/12.

Headband

Skywalker

Sorry for the sideways pictures- I am updating directly from my phone because my PC is waiting on a new liquid cooling system for the CPU.

Just put Tahoe og kush, deadhead og, and lemon og kush (Cali connection and DNA genetics) into individual jars of water. They will be transferred into rapid rooters after 18 hours or so of soaking.

I will probably start a separate journal for my new strains, and I will pop 3 seeds every 2 weeks or so

Back
Top Bottom