@stoneotter
@Fredwak
@420
@780grow
@carcass
@MrSauga
@PCaddict
@John Wick

I decided not to do a world-record-seeking multi-quote, but I did want to acknowledge all of you who stopped by, including a few first-timers here. I read them all.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, wishes, and remembrances of those you have lost. I truly appreciate the flood of caring that flows across this site.

And even during this period of mourning, plants need watering, harvesting, trimming, sprouting, and rescuing. If I don't get an update here tonight, I will try to have one sometime tomorrow. I hope all of you continue to stay healthy, safe, and sane.
:peace:

Sorry for your loss Mr. S I'm always comforted in the thought my loved ones passed are prolly having a whoop dang good time on whatever puffy cloud they are looking down from, it's only us left behind that bear the heavy weight. Cheers to you and yours here's to a speedy path to only big smiles and fond remembrances! :yahoo:

I have sad news to report. My dad passed away this weekend. When he started turning down both my chocolate chip cookies and my wife's home cooking I had a feeling it wouldn't be long, and it wasn't. He went in his sleep with no discomfort, and I had a chance to talk and sing to him a few hours earlier. The staff said that from his response he seemed like he wanted to sing along. What more could I ask for at the end of his long and wonderful life. He was kind and loving and cared so much about his/my family that my kids couldn't have asked for a better grandpa. I loved him immensely and we will all miss him. :love:

I'm truly sorry for your loss Shed, only comfort is that he is in a better place with no pain at all. It's a good thing you have a family that can comfort you in this and you are never alone, you have all of us including a CraZy from Sweden.

:hug:

Hi Shed.
Your journals are fantastic. What an incredible community you have following your weedy adventures.

I hope you and your family are well during this difficult time. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. Saying goodbye is never easy but memories don't fade and they'll always bring a smile.

Take care

I need to get an update here because plant-things continue and distractions are good, so let me just dive into it.

The H2O2 finally arrived just as my father left, and at that point I didn't have the strength to take down the Golden Tiger, so I put it in the tent on Monday evening, turned off the light, and walked away. It wasn't until Wednesday that I managed to get to the harvest. I woke up at 6:30 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I mixed the H2O2 and water in a bucket and cut it down.

The Golden Tiger spent 151 days above ground, was flipped on day 78, and came down 73 days after flip. This is what the trichomes looked like on Monday:

This is what PM does to the leaves:

Here is the plant just before it went into the tent. I took off all the fans last Thursday thinking it was coming down on Friday.

I washed it, rinsed it, hung it to drip dry for about 5 hours with box fans blowing on the buds. I then managed to get my entire family to trim! We all watched the new Seinfeld stand-up special on Netflix (first half great, second have mixed). We did a pretty tight trim to get all the crap off. Here is the combined trim pile:

Into the green bin it went because of all the crunchy brown and washed PM.

Here is the trunk:

And finally, here it is hanging in the tent:

I did not manage to go #nolarf on this one obviously (sorry @Lowded118!), but I will definitely do a much neater thinning job on the next GT I grow.

Still not much in the way of smell to it (other than green), so we'll see how it changes with the drying and cure.

And that was the end of the winter grow. There is other stuff going on but I'll leave it here for now.

This is what the trichomes looked like on Monday:
Plenty of cloudy goodness on the bracts, for the most part! :thumb:
pretty tight trim to get all the crap off
:thumb:
Here is the trunk:
:D :bravo:
finally, here it is hanging in the tent:
Awesome! Chunky looking :yummy:
did not manage to go #nolarf on this one obviously
:smokin: those lowers may well be a bit trippier than the top buds, win-win... cant wait to see how it cures for you.

Lovely thing to do on a sleepless morning :Namaste:

Pure gold dat! Going to be some awesome sativa smokish with that good looking girl.

CraZy got his front door today and tried to explain in English to the Polish worker, why I need a cap over the new magnetic inside latch because of Ginza being more intelligent than me when it comes to picking locks..... :laughtwo:

Hope you get a nice weekend with some well deserved rest and good weather!

Brother shed...

My deepest condolences for your loss... I have a tear reading this news. Judging by the way you help people so so much in the thread I can imagine what a great man your pops was to bring you up. Wishing you and your family the highest blessings I can bestow.

Your plants look amazing! The golden tiger looks seriously potent. I love how heavy the buds became. That's definitely a new personal goal to achieve is a plant looking half as beautiful as that.

Sorry I have not been here much. Peace love and happiness my brother

I just swung by to read about your dad - sad news indeed. Sending you and your family love and (virtual) hugs. :hug:

Regarding that Golden Tiger, I think you were still in the harvest window in my opinion.. ignoring the dead PM leaves the buds/trichomes actually look pretty good. Nice manicure on the trim job too - give the family kudos for that! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom