Hey all, Happy Hump Day!

Bought some new 7 gal plastic potting after failed attempt to locate the previous pots. I was going to reuse the old 15 gal smartpots but thought I'd like to keep dunking long as i can untill it gets too big/heavy. I'll be searching around to see if someone already have it figured out with a efficient / easy way of dunking 7 gal pots. If you know someone who's dunking 7 gal pots, please let me know. Thanks :)

Ok so, after up potting, they had a drink of transplant with tea and then they were tied back down. Next is the destress coming up in the morning.

Pictures below

Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 20190716_135205.jpg
    20190716_135205.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 41
Looking great fingers! Don't worry about dunking now, simply give 1/2 in those nice big saucers you got and 1/2 down the top. A couple things, you're gonna be in trouble when Duggan sees that you didn't fill those tiny#7 pots to the brim :rofl: you could've vegged them a little longer, roots look very nice but could be a little better, some people are good about drizzling water on top between water/feeds to get those roots growing up to the top, me not so much and last suggestion is to pluck any yellow leaves, they're not doing any good and could attract pests.

Very nice job on the training! :high-five:

How long you gonna veg before flip?

:passitleft:

Good call Ween...yes you are right again bud! Fingers....those final pots are going to need every bit of soil those pots can hold. They don't have 7 gal's. in them...more like 5 or 6...pfft! Best to fill pots right up to the brim...let natural settling bring the level down a little OK...u shouldn't do that for them...fill them right up! Cheers eh.

Thank you ween and Duggan.

Thank you for compliment about the training. I really like the quadlining experience and so far I think it’s better than super cropping.

I did not know potting #7 was not actually 7 gallons, oops! Should I switch it over to reusing my smart pots and fill in with some more high brix soil?

Approximately, when you think the best time would’ve been for the plants to uppot? I was thinking maybe one more week or so?

The main reason why I didn’t fill the #7 all way to the brim is because the user guide stated to add some recharge and worm casing sometime beginning of flower. So I left a little bit of space for that and I’ll fix it. Today I did notice some settling in and I will add some more soil to each plants.

Honestly I am going to try dunking them when the time comes and see how I do. I remember reading somewhere on the Q&A high brix thread and I think it was either doc or ziggy saying from their experience, if can dunking it would benefit the entire grow.

For Veg time - I’m not 100% sure how long I want to veg them for and I do not want the plants get too big. As of right now the plants are about two months old and I'm thinking I might give them couple drenches before flip. So that means maybe two – three more weeks. Sound good?

Last run, the plants were out of control haha. After the flip they just exploded the ceiling and I had to super crop the heck out of it. What I mean by exploded, they literally exploded easily 3 - 4 time the size they were in veg. Usually they double in size and I’ve never seen them size up a lot more over the period of three or 4 weeks into flower. Here’s a few pics of the last run. They turned out surprisingly alright lol just wished I had known they would act like that and I would’ve flowered them sooner.

They sure turned out alright! :bravo:

But I doubt the Dynasty gear will stretch much more than double, maybe 2 1/2. :thumb:

Hey Fingers. It's all good! Those are 7 gallon pots, what Duggan is saying is that by not filling them up to the brim that you only have 5-6 gallons of soil which is a bit of an exaggeration, still in the small pots (Duggan uses 26's and I use 15's) you want as much soil in there as possible and yes the soil will naturally settle and you'll have plenty of room for the EWC/recharge, it really not that much to add. I always hated filling pots right to the brim because when you water, some of it spills offer the brim. Just gotta go slow and it settles. 2-3 weeks is a god time frame, maybe a little sooner, you'll know when it's time.

Dynasty's site has a a nice break down of the expected phenos and their stretch on a lot of their strains. You may be able to go take a look and see what you are in for.

The only person I have seen dunk big pots was MajorPITA. He was growing outside when he was doing it. I would get a decent sized tote to do the dunks with. I feel like there would be a lot of waste doing this but it may very well be worth it.

Thanks guys :) :passitleft:

That's what I am hoping for, less stretch and better genetics. Especially when paying $$$ for some seeds. I don’t think I’ve had anything from dynasty and I am looking forward to trying them out. I have a few more strains from them, think I will plant them sometime during flowering time for my second experience in dchbb soil mix (First run mix).

Right now I think there are two males in the group and I will be verifying that soon when I find my magnifying glass. If that is the case of two males, we will be down to one Birds of paradise and two Starduster. That works out pretty good for me, I’m won’t be stuck with just one kind. So with 3 plants left, i may be putting them under a screen and let them scrogg out for a little bit. I wonder how big could these go in 7 gallon?

Here is how they are doing.

I have run some decent sized plants in 7 gallons. I only tend to up pot right before I flip. My plants do not tend to be as wide as yours but they do tend to have some more height to them.

The first one are plants vegging that were not big enough to transplant and flip. The second one is one that was just up potted and getting ready to be flipped.

Nice plants Yeti and they look happy! I hope someday I can have a perpetual like yours and not have a single unhappy plant. How big have you yielded in them 7 gals?

I was not able to find a magnifying glass and figured maybe there was an app for that on our smart phones. It turns out; there is a magnifying app and it does work!! I am laughing about how well they worked and had to take some screen shot pics to share.

After removing the two male plants I played around with some ideas of the scrogg screen set up. Think I have a pretty good idea and decided to go larger than original plan since I’m down to 3 plants. Keeping in mind the goal was to keep it simple and nothing complicated. No tools needed, just a Leatherman pocket tool will do the job. Screen was made using 2x3 fence and plastic/metal stakes. The dimensions are about 3ft by 4 ft and this is how it looked like

A test demo was performed to see how it fits on one plant. It seemed to work pretty well and the 3x4 dimension seems to be perfect for quadlining. Each main stem has a corner to reach out to and I think they would look great once the screen is filled in. Also I think eventually the weight of buds will cause the screen to shift, so I thought of an easy fix. Each four corners of the screen would be supported with plastic stakes sometime mid flower.

Off I go to make some more screen for other plants.

Have a great weekend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-010232_Magnifying Glass.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-010232_Magnifying Glass.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 35
Limp, do you have any more of that screen? I suggest making smaller sizes so small plants can support their weight w/o added support. Maybe 3x3 cells or 4x4. It looks like the screen will spread your branches just the way you want though. Good stuff!

Hey Fingers! Nice job on the DIY screen. Now ditch it, ha!:rofl:

You've done such a great job training, you don't need the scrog. It's just going to get in the way and be a Major PITA. I've not been to the quad journal in a while, are others using a scrog with their quads?

Edit to add, I made portable scrogs with the same fence material, sitting on top of tomato cages cut in half. That's was my 1st grow. I probably will never use one again.

Nice plants Yeti and they look happy! I hope someday I can have a perpetual like yours and not have a single unhappy plant. How big have you yielded in them 7 gals?

'Thanks bud! My perpetual is actually stalled due to not so happy plants. I managed to get thrips and they kicked my ass. And while trying to kick their ass I kinda screwed things up. lol. Those are older pics I dug through. My 7 gallon girls always vary strain to strain. My highest yielding girl was just over 7 zips. That was an Orangeade from Symbiotic Genetics. I have grown a few strains out that would hit close to 5 zips pretty regularly and that one Orangeade pheno hit 7 zips twice. The last one was about 5 but it did not veg as long.

Lol ween, ditch it? Ha ha why though? I’m not sure if anyone here is doing a quadline and scrogg? Tbh I feel its way better than other methods like super cropping and LST. I wanted to avoid staking if I could. Also I want to try achieving a uniformed canopy and maximizing square footage of lights being used.

Skybound, yup I’ve got plenty of the materials available and I’ll keep that in mind next time I make some more. Thank you for jumping in and by the way I really like your gorilla glue bud shots, they look frosty.

Here are a few pics of how they are looking at the moment.

Currently we are dealing with high temps due to poor thing portable ac working hard during our hot summer days. Multiple monitors in the room have been showing 84-88degree temp and humidity between 50 to 70. Although the plants seem to be doing fine

Now it's been couple weeks, I don’t think I’m quite ready to flip them just yet. I’d like to see them fill in a few more rows of the screen before flipping. Then at that point after the stretch I’m hoping to have about ¾ of the screens filled in.

Lol ween, ditch it? Ha ha why though? I’m not sure if anyone here is doing a quadline and scrogg? Tbh I feel its way better than other methods like super cropping and LST. I wanted to avoid staking if I could. Also I want to try achieving a uniformed canopy and maximizing square footage of lights being used.

Skybound, yup I’ve got plenty of the materials available and I’ll keep that in mind next time I make some more. Thank you for jumping in and by the way I really like your gorilla glue bud shots, they look frosty.

Here are a few pics of how they are looking at the moment.

Currently we are dealing with high temps due to poor thing portable ac working hard during our hot summer days. Multiple monitors in the room have been showing 84-88degree temp and humidity between 50 to 70. Although the plants seem to be doing fine

Now it's been couple weeks, I don’t think I’m quite ready to flip them just yet. I’d like to see them fill in a few more rows of the screen before flipping. Then at that point after the stretch I’m hoping to have about ¾ of the screens filled in.

Just looking at your SCROG Screen and it looks very Light weight,
Just a word of caution you may want to secure it down (not able to be pushed up)

I have had plants push my SCROG nets right off the pot when things get full

I think scrogging is one of them experiences every grower wants to try. It's neat, organizes and supports your plants and is generally very helpful "until" you need to physically access unreachable parts, or spin the plant, or move the plant, or, or ,or. But each of those or's needs to be learned. I did a scrog, maybe even two during my first grow and grew out of it quickly. It's helpful, but it also has it's cons. I'll say this, yours are clean and looks to be keeping your canopies super clean and controlled.

Hey Limpy! I was 1/2 kidding and 90% serious. It's whatever works for you though! I failed miserably at scrog and hated all the tucking and weaving. To much work for me but I did let it fill up too much before I flipped, 75% is just right. I thought quad is all that was needed to accomplish what you mentioned. Don't be bad mouthing super cropping and LST, Duggan will give you a lashing, ha!:rofl::rofl:

Really though, i look forward to how this experiment works out.

I think scrogging is one of them experiences every grower wants to try. It's neat, organizes and supports your plants and is generally very helpful "until" you need to physically access unreachable parts, or spin the plant, or move the plant, or, or ,or. But each of those or's needs to be learned. I did a scrog, maybe even two during my first grow and grew out of it quickly. It's helpful, but it also has it's cons. I'll say this, yours are clean and looks to be keeping your canopies super clean and controlled.

A rim mount SCROG net WILL eliminate most of these issues ;)

Back
Top Bottom