A rim mount SCROG net WILL eliminate most of these issues ;)

I agree, I'm way more in favor of individual screens on each plant. I might have to do something like that when I build my new space in a month or so, but for now, each of my plants get their own 4x4 room, and I have netting stapled to every wall that I draw into the middle under the canopy which then forms the wall net into a giant cone. That's very functional, but will soon end when I build the new room.

I agree, I'm way more in favor of individual screens on each plant. I might have to do something like that when I build my new space in a month or so, but for now, each of my plants get their own 4x4 room, and I have netting stapled to every wall that I draw into the middle under the canopy which then forms the wall net into a giant cone. That's very functional, but will soon end when I build the new room.

Exactly we all need to
“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”
(HeartBreak Ridge)

I'm Growing in a 2 X 4 X 7 ft tall (closet size) so filling all 8 sq feet with even canopy
is the goal. :thumb:

Me too skybound, I prefer individual screens than doing one big screen. I can pull individual plants out and do some work all around it. When I use stakes, they kind of crisscross eachother and the plants are stuck where they sit.

Ok Gazoo, noted and thanks for sharing. Oh and where’s your journal? Do you have one going? I'd like to see how the closet grow is going

Me too skybound, I prefer individual screens than doing one big screen. I can pull individual plants out and do some work all around it. When I use stakes, they kind of crisscross eachother and the plants are stuck where they sit.

Ok Gazoo, noted and thanks for sharing. Oh and where’s your journal? Do you have one going? I'd like to see how the closet grow is going

I do have a journal

LINK > MY JOURNAL < LINK

Please note I include EXCESSIVE DETAIL.
The first Part was complete this last December.

And now I use it to post Information I want keep in a place I can find it

Lol ween, ditch it? Ha ha why though? I’m not sure if anyone here is doing a quadline and scrogg? Tbh I feel its way better than other methods like super cropping and LST. I wanted to avoid staking if I could. Also I want to try achieving a uniformed canopy and maximizing square footage of lights being used.

Skybound, yup I’ve got plenty of the materials available and I’ll keep that in mind next time I make some more. Thank you for jumping in and by the way I really like your gorilla glue bud shots, they look frosty.

Here are a few pics of how they are looking at the moment.

Currently we are dealing with high temps due to poor thing portable ac working hard during our hot summer days. Multiple monitors in the room have been showing 84-88degree temp and humidity between 50 to 70. Although the plants seem to be doing fine

Now it's been couple weeks, I don’t think I’m quite ready to flip them just yet. I’d like to see them fill in a few more rows of the screen before flipping. Then at that point after the stretch I’m hoping to have about ¾ of the screens filled in.

Hey Limpy! I was 1/2 kidding and 90% serious. It's whatever works for you though! I failed miserably at scrog and hated all the tucking and weaving. To much work for me but I did let it fill up too much before I flipped, 75% is just right. I thought quad is all that was needed to accomplish what you mentioned. Don't be bad mouthing super cropping and LST, Duggan will give you a lashing, ha!:rofl::rofl:

Really though, i look forward to how this experiment works out.

:passitleft:
Ween is right here. I quadlined with a scrog net to start off and realize the net was pointless. Quadlining is basically a screen-less scrog, you would get the same results without the net. The one thing the net does do is lock your plants into place so you can never move them. It is a PAIN if any issues arise.

With all that said you can still use the net if you'd like and it won't help or hurt your results really. If you are good with locking the plants into one place until they are done without moving them then continue on with the net for fun. Next time do a quadline without the net and see if you think the results are similar for comparison and you'll see what I'm talking about.

My first contest win on this website was from that grow and it was my White Rhino. So just because I recommend not using the net doesn't mean you can't do it for experience and you will still have a nice plant.

Beautiful plant asesino ! Was that at flower before chop? I like how they are holding themselves up. Also what size potting were they in? Looks like a 10 to me

Last run, I had to stake almost everything because they couldn’t support their own weight lol

Next run I will do a quadline without a screen and try pull off something like your plant.

Update,

On Tuesday the plants looked great prior leaving for work. When I returned home and checked on them, they looked wicked sad and they were wilting. They seemed thirsty and I decided it was a good time to up pot them along with a TP / Tea drench. The girls were transplanted into some 15 gallons smartpots with the remainder of the first run kit.

Funny thing is the males I pulled out the room and left them outside under the sun with little to no attention. They were wilting badly before I left for work. So I gave them some plain water and planned on checking on them when I get home. Last time I checked they bounced back really well and the indoor plants did just the opposite, from good to sad. lol

Before work

After work

Attachments

• 20190807_034330.jpg
    20190807_034330.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 26
Nice rootballs! :bravo:

You're in for a treat in about a week. You can compare pics. :cheesygrinsmiley: They're gonna explode.

Nice work on the scrog. I definitely agree that individual scrog are much easier to deal with than full tent scrogs....which have more negatives than the positives in my opinion.

Thanks! :green_heart:

Since the transplant, I’m seeing some new growth and they are doing great. Cannot wait to watch em mature and finish. BOP (birds of paradise) seems to be a little slow, taking its time compared to starduster that’s moving along quite fast. Think I’m going to do a leaf wash sometime soon as a preventive because flowering is just around the corner. Another preventive measure I’m going to do is build a ladybug farm in the room mostly because i need something else to do. The plants are doing all of the work and i barely touch em unlike i had to do in coco. lol. Oh and thanks to gazoo for sharing his ladybug farm idea.

Ween, I'm sry you hated scroggin. I think if you were to try scrog again, you might would like my concept. I’m enjoying how even and uniformed the canopy is. Easy to handle the plants individually, no staking or dealing with runaways. I hope to continue loving the scrog idea :) We'll see and I will still do the normal tie down/stake for the next run.

Oh speaking of next run, I’ll be ordering another first run kit soon as the business opens again. I want to have something cookin and be ready for next set of seeds. Not sure what I’m going to plant next but I could make a poll vote :tommy::passitleft:

Current status:

male sitting outside seems to be thriving. Haven't had a sip of drench/tea for about 3-4 weeks other than just plain RO water at 0 ppm when they are really droopy / wilting.

Hey Fingers! Nice job on the DIY screen. Now ditch it, ha!:rofl:

You've done such a great job training, you don't need the scrog. It's just going to get in the way and be a Major PITA. I've not been to the quad journal in a while, are others using a scrog with their quads?

Edit to add, I made portable scrogs with the same fence material, sitting on top of tomato cages cut in half. That's was my 1st grow. I probably will never use one again.

:passitleft:

Ya eh Ween,..i agree 100%. Scrogs are just a big pita. Wat a friggen pain they are. After a while ,..when peeps can't do anything ,..but sit back and watch ...pfft! ALL access to branches needing pruning is CUT OFF, No more easy access for watering properly...back aches , from leaning over the netting....bahh.
Don't need no stinkin net...come on....Just train them man...:passitleft:

Alright you're right, having males is just asking for trouble. i will dispose them.

The garden had a thing of leaf wash on wensday and today this is how they looked like approx a week later after the final transplant.

One of the screen for Star Duster is pretty much 80% full. The screen for Birds of paradise seems to be about 50% full and the other star duster seems to be about 65 - 70% full. I think it's, about time to flip em into flower and if i wait any longer, one of the plant could grow too tall / big. So maybe this weekend I will change bulbs and have the timer changed to 12 / 12.

I was wondering if these strains will need snake oil for flowering? I'll probably pop this question over on the Q&A thread. I do not have any as it does not come with the kit and i will buy it if these two kinds of plant will need them.

Back
Top Bottom