Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Highya BH,

Looks like you're blocking up a foundation! lol. That is a lot of soil. Is that all destined for plant pots for the greenhouse, or do you supplement soil grows also? Cheers

Is that all destined for plant pots for the greenhouse, or do you supplement soil grows also?
I have about a dozen photos going into 25-45 gallon pots...conservatively that's 300-400 gallons. I also have a few autos going into 7-10 gallon pots, so add another 100....400-500 gallons in pots split between 3x greenhouses. That said, I'll use less than 50% of the VC I have from last summer.

I actually might pop off a side panel on one GH so I can slide in the 45-gallons with the tractor...I can safely maneuver a 30-gallon but over that it gets dicey...not interested in breaking my back.

Stack them fish pans :thumb:
That's the plan...I tractored them into the high tunnel on pallets, shovel VC into the mixer with amendments, new soil goes into pots, old soil into fish boxes, tractor them back to their spot,.

Just dropped my autos...keeping it simpler this summer with 5x: Dark Devil 2x, Amnesia, Diesel Berry, and my old friend Northern Light x Big Bud. Last summer I ran them in 10-gallons which showed no real difference to the 7-gallons, so sticking with 7's. Also rethinking trying 25-gallons again....previous summer they kind of puttered out during flower, but now I have better VC/soil and also the plants are starting a little later. 25-gallon is also much more manageable in my smaller GH.

Congrats on winning Grow Journal of the Month! I haven't been on here much lately but wanted to tell you how lovely the new cabin is and am looking forward to watching your babies grow this season!! Cant wait to see that greenhouse filled with all your gorgeous cannabis!!

Congrats on winning Grow Journal of the Month! I haven't been on here much lately but wanted to tell you how lovely the new cabin is and am looking forward to watching your babies grow this season!! Cant wait to see that greenhouse filled with all your gorgeous cannabis!!
:thanks: Wasn't expected but was much appreciated! Busy here and we should see some ladies in the GH pretty soon. Got the in-laws in the Cabin this weekend so I had to get it all cleaned and ready...

Are you a Cottage or Cabin girl?

Well, here is some unexpected news...

Congrats Blew! Thats an awesome surprise brother!

I think I started my girl's just about right this year...I was battling them all last summer.

We are also getting hammered by ticks, which is always fun....
Damn ticks are brutal down here. Every time I go outside I find one or two trying to bite me.

:thanks: Wasn't expected but was much appreciated! Busy here and we should see some ladies in the GH pretty soon. Got the in-laws in the Cabin this weekend so I had to get it all cleaned and ready...

Are you a Cottage or Cabin girl?

She's a "which ever is further away from all the people kind of girl". LOL. She likes seclusion!

Congrats Blew! Thats an awesome surprise brother!
Indeed.
Damn ticks are brutal down here. Every time I go outside I find one or two trying to bite me.
I am surprised there aren't more car accidents due to them...on my way to the dump I was chasing one crawling up my neck!
She's a "which ever is further away from all the people kind of girl". LOL. She likes seclusion!
It sounds like our shared nightmare would be a cruise ship.

I got the Cabin all cleaned up for the in-laws yesterday and just took a moment to sit and get a feel for it....for a moment I thought a bird had made a nest in there until I realized that with all the windows it all just sounded so much closer. There is a strong treehouse feel to it, which I love. Very excited about the wood stove being delivered tomorrow. We ended up getting a Cubic Grizzly made in Quebec...it's a tiny stove but cranks out plenty for that space, plus it wall mounts and takes up less usable space.

It's pretty obvious, but I often forget...soil is much lighter when it is dry...preferably bone dry. These 30/45 gallon pots have been sitting all winter and when I went to move them they were much easier...still bulky as hell, but manageable. The trick is to always move them downhill :) .

I ended up moving 3x 25-gallon pots into my home small GH yesterday and plan on transplanting whenever we see some sun...which definitely isn't this morning.

Back
Top Bottom