Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

How about some specialized tool he might need?

How about some specialized tool he might need?
I considered the tool idea and asked another carpenter and there were too many quirky aspects to the selection process, so I backed away from that.

As I was typing all of this last night I received the final bill and message from guy who worked with me...he thanked me for the opportunity to finish the job to completion and said how proud he was of the outcome. He's a class act.

So my wife and I decided on a split gift last night...we got him a woodworking apron and a gift certificate to the nice restaurant in town (they can walk to it from their house and I am pretty sure have never been there). The woodworking apron is made by a small US company owned by a stay at home dad, just like my guy...so there is good connection there as well.

Perfect. He'll enjoy both and one with his family.
Agreed. He has his workshop in the "basement" of his 200+ year old house in the middle of town...basically granite block walls and low ceilings full of stuff....one thing I noticed when we were working was that we were always looking for a pencil or tape measure or something...an apron seems appropriate. And the restaurant will be a fun treat.

Is that an electric on demand water heater?
Camp Chef Outdoor PROPANE shower ...you open the water flow at the shower handle and the unit senses the flow and lights the heater....you get very hot water in about 10-15 seconds....uses 2x D batteries...good flow...it's pretty awesome...apparently the 20lb tank lasts over month...we'll see...I have a tank splitter so I am using 20lb for both stove and shower

So, the weather for the next week looks like rain....which I imagine will be a challenge for strictly outdoor growers... @Bode will hopefully give some feedback on how his plants do...it's fortunate at least that they are in veg and not getting their flowers drenched....which really makes me wonder how this Summer and Fall will unfold...I learned some painful rot lessons last year and I'm feeling fairly confident that I can manage this year...on a positive note, the current 50F nighttime temps make for excellent sleeping weather :)
I wish it was 50, more like 75f and humid nights in W. Ma. !! I haven't turned on air yet, but won't be long . your plants are beautiful !!

Congrats on finishing your project. Turned out awesome.

You're helper is golden. Glad you took care of him proper.

GL with your guests.

I'm sure they will enjoy their stay.

Congrats on finishing your project. Turned out awesome.
You're helper is golden. Glad you took care of him proper.
GL with your guests.
I'm sure they will enjoy their stay.
I did a final clean and prep for the guests this morning...equal parts disbelief and satisfaction in getting it done.

Congratulations to @Itibitiguy for JOTM. :bravo:

Blew got a question to ask - can you post of pic of the action side of the new outhouse please??? You know the under seat shot. We want to build a new port-o-let at our cottage and yours looks awesome.
Here are those shots you wanted...back flap closed, open with 13-gallon fish tote angled out (normally flush :laugh: ), shot straight down from inside...you can see the 1.5" holes I drilled to allow more air to move through there rather than drift into the occupant space...no smell at all.

View media item 1692102
View media item 1692103

Back
Top Bottom