Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine

if I could choose not to be born at all.... I would. I would trade off all the pleasures and happiness, just so I wouldn't feel the discomforts and sadness.

yeah .. no. don't do this thinking. this is just a bad patch and you need to roll out of this spiral. you are stronger than this and you already know it.

you are a valued and needed person, with a worth far past what that thought process is trying to narrow you to.
everyone gets home if they stick to it.

life changes. you move to it. claim your happy. :)

yeah .. no. don't do this thinking. this is just a bad patch and you need to roll out of this spiral. you are stronger than this and you already know it.

you are a valued and needed person, with a worth far past what that thought process is trying to narrow you to.

I appreciate you bluter. My words may come of "depressing", but I assure you they are not. I am a very content person. and I live a good life. I have no complaints AT ALL. I have gone through my shit, like most people do, but I don't hold any negative feelings from my past experiences. I am just a very "realistic" person. I am different, and I've been told so many times. So when I say that, don't take it in an emotional perspective, it is purely logical without any feelings behind it. I truly would have preferred not being born. life is just.... such a hassle. You have to work, you have to feel tired, get injured, all that stuff. Sure, you get to experience a plethora of happiness... but I would just rather have nothing at all. If I didn't exist, happiness or sadness would be irrelevant to the inexistent "me". I like the sound of that... Since that is no longer possible, I do make the best of life. You're talking to a guy that quit his job, and moved to a city he had never been to before just for the sake of traveling. By the way, I'm already planning my next move to Asia ;) So I am livin' it up, don't you worry!

Hi Folks,
By the end of June, I will have been a member for 4 years. The reason that I joined was to learn to grow. Initially, we followed NVclosetmedgrower to learn the basics on YouTube. Shortly afterward, we joined this site and haven't looked back. The principle quest for us was to grow enough product to help my wife get off the fentanyl patch. That journey is documented elsewhere on this site. We owe a great debt to 420 and it's members. To name a few, Sweet Sue, Guy Cavallero, InTheShed, Van Stank, Stupidface, bobrown14, Asesino85, Teddy Edwards. Now that our lives have quieted down we are hoping to become more active on this site. Cheers - Hedzenmedz

Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine:
420 Magazine truly appreciates its members, we are thankful and grateful to have all of you. This thread is for our members to share how much they have learned, gained, grown and/or experienced from their membership at 420 Magazine.

For example - Has 420 Magazine helped change your life for the better? Please tell us how; whether it's acquiring the knowledge to grow, learning about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis and how to heal yourself, sharing your master gardens with fellow gardeners, finding a platform for your activism or to improve the quality of your life by making similar minded friends. We'd love to hear from you!

We will keep this thread in perpetuity - not only as a celebration of our mission but also as a record and an inspiration for all those innumerable future guests and members who we can also help.

Please keep your comments limited to celebrating our community with positive success stories, complaints or drama will be deleted without notice.

Our Founder's Story & Mission:
420 Magazine exists to support the repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and penalties throughout the world. Not another person should suffer incarceration or stigma because of these unjust laws (420 Magazine Mission Statement).

In 1993, the feds broke down the door of our founder and assaulted him, his wife and his 12 year old daughter, throwing them to the floor with machine guns to their heads. The prohibitionists were yelling and screaming at them over a simple quarter pound of Mexican brick bud that had been acquired for a close friend. Unfortunately, the "friend" was "working off charges", after being arrested for selling only a quarter ounce to a cop. This ridiculous event was so infuriating that it inspired the founding of 420 Magazine; a lifelong mission to repeal these unjust laws and to create Cannabis awareness throughout the world.

In Closing:
This thread is for our members to share and immortalize their experience(s) with any or all aspects of Cannabis Awareness. We hope that patients, activists, growers, fans of the flower, friends of 420 Magazine, or even reformed LEO will post their experiences here for others to learn from and celebrate.

It's been a long hard fight and the Staff of 420 Magazine wishes to honor our Members and Sponsors. It's still too early to declare victory but there's no doubt that together, we're winning the war on Cannabis.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:
I have to say that I have not been here that long but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I have not been here very long but am old and have been online since 98/99 when all internet was free, AOL, NetZero, Netscape etc. So to say I have been on forums, yeah I have seen a few and so far this forum has been the most helpful and most pleasant and not just talking canna related forums either. This is really a solid community and great place where every experience I have had has been well above expectations so to describe one would do all the rest injustice and I wouldnt want to diminish any of their value.

Thanks 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking

Hi all, I'll share too,

After having a somewhat troubled childhood, I was in a boys home when I started using cannabis at 13 years old. At 16 when I got out of the home, I tried growing outdoors but it wasn't to be. In my early 20's I attempted to grow again. I was arrested and charged with possession and cultivation, (6 seedlings and 1/4 of an ounce), ending up with a big fine and a conviction that followed me through life, making it hard to get employment etc. Since getting in trouble 25 yrs ago, I haven't tried growing again for fear of getting caught, but I still smoked. Since the price of cannabis in NZ is $300-500 per ounce, I was spending a fortune. Then recently I was given a light. The first thing I did was research. I lurked around a few cannabis sites, and the information available, and attitude and knowledge of the :420: community was light years ahead of any others. I found like minded people willing to help total strangers. I found somewhere I feel comfortable sharing my failures. I found somewhere I feel comfortable sharing. I found a renewed love for growing cannabis. Thanks for the welcome, thanks for the tips, thanks for everything.
:thanks:

I’ve responded here before, but my “history “ has changed. I got pissed at something that happened in a grow tent. Total meltdown. It was then that I realized I had chosen the meltdown. I felt like I had done everything right, and I had. But I didn’t get the outcome I had expected & growing wasn’t enjoyable. I realized that I was making it un-enjoyable by being reactive rather than responsive.

Since then, I accept whatever may be in front of me & if it’s a challenge, I don’t drop a succession of F bombs, I just do whatever needs to be done to correct whatever each day brings. The effort is 100% mine - the outcome is out of my hands.

This carries over into all areas of my life. I’m pretty easy to get along with now…

Hi everyone. :)

My experience so far has been short but oh so sweet. I've been quite isolated recently due to ill health and the varus. It's really been great to find this community. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. There's no nasty comments or any negativity it's heaven. I really hope that now I've finally found you all that I can help contribute and become a really active member of the community. I love hearing everyone's grow stories and learning from the wealth of experience here. I'm from England so all this sort of thing is usually kept very hushed and its great to be able to speak openly here.

I hope to be doing my first full time journal in around 4 weeks. Never done one before, I'm bit nervous but also excited to have people to see my work and maybe help me improve some things :)

I love everyone of you and there's nothing you can do about it!

I would like to re-write on my experiences here as I've definitely felt the need I should. It's been awesome getting to know some members on here and what 420 Magazine is all about. Your mission as I see it threw my own eyes is beyond the expectations I could have imagined even being possible these days. Their is only one community I'll return to for a social networking tool as person/member of high passions for what yall bring to the table being due to the world we now live in. You guessed it this place right here on the 420 Magazine.

I also wanted to mention I've learned much about the cannabis species since being a member here as well. I'll always be returning back every chance I can to show my garden or how I can approve it to better my needs for the plant or to help out any one needing the same passion kick I needed about the time I joined here as a new member! I definitely joined when I was pretty far on edge both getting completely off pharmas meds and dealing with the after affects of ptsd I'm sure will stick around for who knows how long! Maybe one day ptsd will be the new outbreak that could get solved with a magic cure like this crazy bat virus! I'm sure every member growing cannabis has the same dilemmas in life and in the garden. Weather or pest it can all make a grower that counts on his plants to produce quality meds go mad or even paranoid at times lol! I know it made me many times and I'm sure that all will continue like that until life throws them bones like a boomerang from my own hands and fixes all the problems for me haha!

I definitely had a great grow experience growing with all @420 staff an great sponsors that produced some tasty arrsssss results from some other world I've never been to yet that is for sure! I trust 420 Magazine and what everyone here in the community has to offer now. I was always taught to never trust someone you can't look into their eyes and have a full conversation with but I'm learning my trust issues need to slowly shew away so that I can have more great experiences like I've had here! Maybe one day this community could find a way to create a meet and greet to further enhance my experience as well. But I know not everyone has the funds to make certain things happen so my understanding behind the problems doing so I totally get it! So for now ill just keep popping back on this here community I've come to learn more about to stay above the news for what's happening in our world of cannabis. Please please please 420 and all staff that make all these journeys possible stay true to your commitment for awareness and individuals who cant and won't ever turn CnN or many others alike back on to get any sort of news like I would use too, members like I will stick around like a sore thumb from a thorn prick from hell! ( Lol that's just an inside joke to whomever it gets a smile out of haha.) Like the terminator always says ILL BE BACK!!

I choose not to kill myself, because quite frankly I don't have a need or reason to, but if I could choose not to be born at all.... I would. I would trade off all the pleasures and happiness, just so I wouldn't feel the discomforts and sadness. Life can be great, but I wish I wasn't the strongest sperm in the bunch, because it would have saved me the hassle of living.

A few years back, I started therapy for what was later diagnosed as depression and anxiety (a fuckin' awesome combination, mind you). The therapist asks me if I was suicidal. I replied 'no,' but I have entertained the thoughts of dying: a heart attack, a brain aneurysm, a car accident, etc..

The cause of my problems is my wife who refuses to seek help, herself. nShe's perfectrly fine; you can ask her. And the last time she attended therapy, she went into a beserker rage, screaming at me and the therapist over my most minor criticism of her. She threatened to divorce me and leave me with nothing (not the first time).

Over time, the therapist has taught me to work around her problems. Divorce is not an answer as I have been out of work since before covid and I don't see a job coming down the pike. And current health problems would make me a difficult hire.

Anyway, I now do things just for me. She won't touch the weed I grow. And she does not participate in my re-enacting hobby; I wouldn't let her at this point.

I'm saying two things for you, Parajarra: seek counseling if you can and find something just for you that makes you happy. Weed is great, but it's not the solution to all of life's problems.

And remember that you have friends here.

Just reading the founders story in the first post and how traumatized he and his family were, now make our problems insignificant.

I too have been in trouble with the police due to possession and growing. But I did not receive the same abuse as the founder did.

I personally started growing to help my wife who has a multitude of problems with her health. She went from a high flying career to being in bed 24/7. It's a long and convoluted story but it all stemmed from a spider bite.

The doctors pumped her with opiates and that's when her deep depression started but I cured or alleviated 90% of her symptoms with cannabis.

We felt alone, growing and using it, as the UK laws do not permit it. We were even reluctant to search for information on the internet, just incase we left a digital foot print.

But now we have found this forum and realized the entire world has been in our situation, it has relieved an unbelievable amount of stress from our lives. We are not alone and there has been a lot of people in a worse position than our own, as was the founder and his family of this forum. I read a triumphant tale of a member who was just like my wife, but managed to turn life around by using cannabis @Bill284 :peace: i have been able to read and connect with this forums members in a way that we could have never imagined last year.

So not only has cannabis turned our life around, but so has this forum by bringing awareness to these situations others have faced and are busy dealing with. We do not now feel alone on this planet, thanks to 420Magazine and it's members

Thank you so much

Squiggz and his wife
Squig. I had no idea. Wow. Just incredible. The power of cannabis. Remarkable story

I was a member several years ago and I have spoken to the founder on the telephone before. I remember him telling me that story about his experience and how it inspired him to fight! He really inspired me and I took everything that he said to heart.

In my 29 years of growing I learned many styles of growing. At first I was just a naive kid who was weary about using cannabis despite it's overwhelming popularity in my area. I had friends that would nickel and dime when I was 15. I would keep seeds I'd find if I picked up a bag for my friends. I tried closet growing for 2 years nothing serious. After I turned 20 I got serious about growing and I learned how to grow with nutrients but I kept it basic and archaic. I was really good at it! But one day I found 420 Magazine and after I shared a lot of my knowledge and I absorbed a lot of the knowledge from the collective in the forum. I started experimenting with different methods I picked up from other members and I been having a blast!

After I took a unofficial break from the forum because of life. That was 2014. I fell in love with a narcissist and it blew up in my face. How a woman can be so visually stunning and have a mean dead heart I will never understand. But I kept missing the 420 peeps so I had to return to my tribe.

I didn't get brave enough till I was 17 to smoke any. But when I started to smoke, I fell in love with the world everything felt new and I felt alive. It replaces psychiatric medications for me. Helps me manage pain and depression. Keeps me eating. Cured my glaucoma, documented the results with my optometrists and I love using it for fun as well. It enhances everything!

Namaste xo

@parrajara Thanks for sharing yourself & thoughts of life.
Your right on a few counts ; the heavy of it ; the lonleyness ; the waiting, its not a game because we only get one chance to be human & experience the feeling as it truely is to all its forms.
Reincarnation is not a joke,so get ready for the next reality.
Check out Richard Feynmans atomic or molecular point of view on life.
He is available on various video outlets.

I love the wealth of knowledge and different views on how to grow our beloved herb, and being able to discuss it with like-minded free thinking folk (even those I don't always agree with lol)
The sense of community here is remarkable - thank you all my friends
:420::green_heart:

I found this website about 12 years ago. I had seen a video on YouTube, some college kid was growing a cannabis plant in his closet with a CFL bulb. I had grown cannabis back in the early 80's outside with a lot of success. I never thought it possible to grow in a closet with CFL bulbs, I assumed it took expensive grow lights and was way to complicated. But after seeing it was possible to do on a shoestring budget I started looking for info an came across 420Magazine. in the past 12 years I've had a few different profiles on here and I've grown with CFL, MH/HPS and now with LED lights. It's been quite the journey I've been self-sufficient for 12 years now I've never had the money to have a professional set up with all the latest equipment and quality soils or nutes. But I manage to get from seeds to buds in the jar.and I owe it all to the many knowledgeable folks on here. Any time I run into a problem I know someone will be here with solid advice,I love growing cannabis I love being part of this amazing community. Thanks to all of you for being here for me when I need you.

I'm brand new here but have been growing weed for about 20 years. So far, I have only good things to say about the site. I created an account with one of our sponsors and will be ordering in a few weeks (for my second grow of the year). Everyone is really nice and *respectful* (unlike some sites). I was on another site for 15 years and modded several forums there for 5, but the admin allowed a certain "post whore" to insult GOOD members without restraint, just because he got a lot of "likes"; I was one of his favorite targets - only because I triggered him once in good fun. I'm really looking forward to continuing my journey here at 420 Magazine. I started a grow journal of my itty-bitty grow, the first one of the year.

I'm brand new here but have been growing weed for about 20 years. So far, I have only good things to say about the site. I created an account with one of our sponsors and will be ordering in a few weeks (for my second grow of the year). Everyone is really nice and *respectful* (unlike some sites). I was on another site for 15 years and modded several forums there for 5, but the admin allowed a certain "post whore" to insult GOOD members without restraint, just because he got a lot of "likes"; I was one of his favorite targets - only because I triggered him once in good fun. I'm really looking forward to continuing my journey here at 420 Magazine. I started a grow journal of my itty-bitty grow, the first one of the year.

you'll fit right in. the place 'self polices' quite effectively and the mods are great.
if you've been a mod before you may want to approach doing it again after you've settled and been here a while.

My mom needs RSO to deal with cancer pain and depression, you boys gave me the knowledge to make it happen. Take a bow 420 Magazine, you deserve a round of applause.

Back
Top Bottom