Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

Yeah Cal/Mag is needed in pretty heavy doses. It is the reason I use half the stuff I do like Sul Po Mag, dolomite lime, and gypsum. Well they are good for PH stability as well.

Hi fellas :D

I used to think I did not need all the extra stuff. Then as I have done more things while growing I have learned that my babies deserve the best care. It is well worth the money and I am sure the girls will love it and reward me with great buds. Both GiGa and Jimmy have it covered well. :)

You might try switching over to FF Grow Big in Veg. I never have any difficiency problems with my plants. I use "Black Gold Waterhold Coco Blend with "COIR" in AirPots and just feed every 7-10 with GB. They always look great and never have any problems.

GDP 1 & 2 Revegging after October Harvest. Only food they get is Fox Farm Grow Big every 7-10 days. 1 TBSP per gallon..The other nice thing is that if your water is naturally PHed at 7.5 or so, adding the GB brings the PH down to 6.8 which is the PERFECT PH for a feed. Keeps the soil very close to this same 6.8 PH. I stopped testing these feed batches with my meter because it is always at 6.8 every single time.

Cannabis likes an alkaline soil PH, and 6.8 is in that "Sweet Spot".

Just a thought. ;)

P10106462.JPG

I am making sure I have the complete arsenal. I need to be prepared for anything. :)

I would like to delve into breeding or cross pollinating of strains.. IF ONLY I COULD GET SOME SKUNK HERE!!!!! Damn you.. Damn you all to heck..lol

WHAT HE SAID>>>> Ive mixed thru Dolomite Cal/mag in my currents soil batch. I regularly feed with Seaweed extract, and also an extract with N,P,K + amino acids.. I hope that I dont run into any Cal/mag probs during flower, How long would it remain in soil for roughly after say 7 weeks of water/feeding? Would a some extra added Cal/mag to the soil on flower time, be a good step towards avoiding any poss. Deficiency??

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been sick for a few days and still battling this cold. I will try to get an update tonight.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been sick for a few days and still battling this cold. I will try to get an update tonight.

sorry that you have been under the weather, hope you get to feelin better soon:)

Man, every time I stop by a journal, I am loving looking at healthy plants. Cal/Mag is one of those things that boggles my mind. Personally, I have never needed it...ever and I use RO water. But, some growers with certain strains just seem to require it for some reason. A quick work around of this is to increase the MICRO if using the 3 part base because the micro contains all the calcium of the 3 part. For Magnesium, increase the BLOOM because it contains the largest percentage of Mg. The Grow also contains magnesium albeit in smaller amounts. In Bloom phase, especially in the last half, I could care less about a few of the fan leaves showing slight calcium deficiency because at that point, the plant is taking what ever it needs for bud development from the remaining fan leaves and transferring it to the buds (only mobile nutrients) so the fans can start looking deficient as the buds progress, especially towards the end which we have all seen. Be careful adding too much magnesium towards the end of flower because magnesium burns REALLY REALLY HOT (think about those survival magnesium fire starters) and that is the main culprit of harsh bud....too much magnesium....just something to think about...

Man, every time I stop by a journal, I am loving looking at healthy plants. Cal/Mag is one of those things that boggles my mind. Personally, I have never needed it...ever and I use RO water. But, some growers with certain strains just seem to require it for some reason. A quick work around of this is to increase the MICRO if using the 3 part base because the micro contains all the calcium of the 3 part. For Magnesium, increase the BLOOM because it contains the largest percentage of Mg. The Grow also contains magnesium albeit in smaller amounts. In Bloom phase, especially in the last half, I could care less about a few of the fan leaves showing slight calcium deficiency because at that point, the plant is taking what ever it needs for bud development from the remaining fan leaves and transferring it to the buds (only mobile nutrients) so the fans can start looking deficient as the buds progress, especially towards the end which we have all seen. Be careful adding too much magnesium towards the end of flower because magnesium burns REALLY REALLY HOT (think about those survival magnesium fire starters) and that is the main culprit of harsh bud....too much magnesium....just something to think about...

TG, I'm curious why are you adding the Cal/Mag? I don't recall you ever having that kind of issue. :smokin:

I my self use CaMg+. but its more then just treat a def. Calcium is needed for root growth and the Mg is the plus. Its only 1% though. But its derived from sugar cane. So I mostly use it to feed the roots. Every plant needs a great root system. I even use it for cloning.

Hey TG, going back to check out all that ive missed.

Quality info my friend as per usual =)
and i see you have a uk link...oh im so on the case in the new year.

just one quick question if you happen to see this.
now i dont have a clue about the workings of the chemistry, but are any of your products more condensable? what i mean to say is could you remove 50% water from it and brand it as your international consentrate, then we just put the water back in to an exact amount on the label? i suppose even if it were possible to do so, you would have to factor in the cost of doing so vs the change in transport cost by weight.

i appologise if this is something you have already considered and dismissed, im just having a stoner brainwave, lol

Well guys I am as sick as I have been in better than 3 years. But I did take some quick photos to show you the progression in the last 8 days. I also have decided for the moment to let the Exile grow naturally but that could change. So here we go..... :)

Fruity Chronic Juice Prego w/ GDP
IMG_102217.JPG

Cheese prego w/ GDP
IMG_102316.JPG

Veggin Fruity Chronic Juice
IMG_102416.JPG

Veggin Exile (no training this one)
IMG_102516.JPG

Cheese in Veg
IMG_102613.JPG

Back
Top Bottom