Relaxed's Winter Experiment

That's that! I want Sour Apple beans!! Where? How? PM me if you must Lester.

Top Shelf Seeds - Sour Apple

Original Diesel clone only hit with a selected C99 male. Expect to find faster finishing phenos with a sour citrus hit mixed in with a tropical pineapple taste. Adding an Indica influence to the sativa dominant C99 has added a heavier high to the energetic buzz the C99 is known for.

Expect some stretch during flower due to the Original Diesel characteristics but responds well to training.

Genetics: Original Diesel x C99
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks

Thanxx a mill Old Man...

Good lookin out OMM :)
And to lighten up this page of the journal with some current pics from today; for the KC-45 autos:
IMG_038020.jpg
IMG_037916.jpg

I love to just sit with them and watch them rustle ever so slightly in the cool breeze.:circle-of-love:

Wish you all a Merry X-mas and Peace in what you do celebrate or bow to. Talking with a friend on making small upside down teepee style green box`s for individual plants this winter. He found 1mm thick sheets of clear plastic, like what they use for packaging that you cant open! He also applied bubble wrap packing, the large cell stuff. To the inside, it lets sun light go totally though but you cant tell what's inside when looking at it(prying eyes). Also the air pockets provide insulation over night and will boost humidity in early morning helping with the amount of watering you need. Just something to think about if you interested in winter grows or early March start up. Happy growing and PEACE...:peace:

:420:
star_wars.jpg

shooter.jpg

ENJOY!!
forgot to add, he got the bubble packing idea from his old girlfriend who used to wrap it around her bee box`s in the winter.

For all those who know me know I'm still Broke Ass Reg & broke as ever!

Ways that help me decipher who is a male, or a female even in early seedling stages:

I notice that the males tend to exhibit much more "sturdy" specimens, even from a very early age. I think that it has occured to me that many of my male plants (which are often transplanted directly into their final pots -- so they get nutrients too for awhile, in the off case they're females) tend to be the ones who at first seem to grow the quickest, and are by far the best looking beginners.

It turns out, the "raggety" or runty looking specimens in the very beginning (ones that are super sensitive to the slightest bit of overwatering, and such) turn out to be my most precious, and best flowering females. It is always a good idea when growing a bunch of regular seeds to be able to "estimate" early on which ones are male or female, you can then set them aside into a group, you can see how good your guessing skills are.

Another factor I like to check out is around this stage...I like to gently rub my thumb onto one of the true leaves as if I were getting the flavors out of a mint leaf. The males tend to smell A LOT more than the females do in this early stage, so one that smells like pure marijuana this early on -- could definitely be a male. I've noticed that the females literally only smell like chlorophyll, or cut grass in this early stage of life. Just some general opinions on that topic.

Observations on the KC-45 (autoflowers):
All seedlings are producing at a nice and steady rate, I feel a lot of growing possibly coming on in this next week, especially with the temperatures going back up into the high 70s. I have noticed the formation of what's known as "stipules", these are leaf-like structures that come out at the internodal points. They are photosynthetic pigments, but their main purpose is to aid the very small, tender growth that is actually trying to sprout from the node, so even at this early age I can see signs of hormones being sent to a bit of "branching".
I have read that this particular strain (being it has Russian Ruderalis in it) really does not like a lot of nutrients, it just prefers regular dirt over hydro, and should quite frankly be the perfect strain for a winter grown (at least in my location). We'll see how it goes though ; No promises!

Regular note:
I can't wait to grow more of my regular mystery sativa seeds next year, in combination with more of my precious Hong Kong OG, and the free seeds Northern Lights x Skunk (feminised seed) and Skunk X Kerala (2 reg..) so will see how I can implement all those different things, still get the amount of bud from the strains I want, and keep myself under the limit (grr @ our small limit).

OK enough ranting for now all, just a little entry into the journal. Hope all is well in your gardens and Happy Holidays to ya all!:xmas:

images26.jpg

What you see in the males as they grow was one of the things that got it banned in the 30`s. They preferred the males over females and segregated them just for seed. The males were grown very tight and would not choke each other out. Instead it competed by stretching upward faster then its neighbor this gave it long fibers.
William Hurst and DuPont, plus some other guy that formed the Georgia -Pacific lumber company. He was one of the railroad barons, Cotton and lumber and all the extracts these guys used took massive amounts of land and time. The hemp and pulp was double per acre compared to cotton and they could get two grows per season because targeting males. There is no need for all of them to mature or the flowering time the females need. Cotton has 3x the bug issues and 1/3 if it would mold or have bole weevils, then lumber took 15 - 20 years to reproduce. Henry Ford was into botany for commercial reasons, was looking at it for fuel, like bio-diesel and "plastics". The polymers that give the plants support and structure are incredible. Like silk being stronger then steel. There are so many wondrous mysteries with this plant. It would be foolish just to smoke it only. The amount of personal research and knowledge gained by private citizens is what those mentioned above feared. It is not meant to be controlled but shared and when smoked open up your minds eye to the truths!!...Peace.....

Have A Peaceful Christmas

:420:

Ways that help me decipher who is a male, or a female even in early seedling stages:

I notice that the males tend to exhibit much more "sturdy" specimens, even from a very early age. I think that it has occured to me that many of my male plants (which are often transplanted directly into their final pots -- so they get nutrients too for awhile, in the off case they're females) tend to be the ones who at first seem to grow the quickest, and are by far the best looking beginners.

It turns out, the "raggety" or runty looking specimens in the very beginning (ones that are super sensitive to the slightest bit of overwatering, and such) turn out to be my most precious, and best flowering females. It is always a good idea when growing a bunch of regular seeds to be able to "estimate" early on which ones are male or female, you can then set them aside into a group, you can see how good your guessing skills are.

Another factor I like to check out is around this stage...I like to gently rub my thumb onto one of the true leaves as if I were getting the flavors out of a mint leaf. The males tend to smell A LOT more than the females do in this early stage, so one that smells like pure marijuana this early on -- could definitely be a male. I've noticed that the females literally only smell like chlorophyll, or cut grass in this early stage of life. Just some general opinions on that topic.

Observations on the KC-45 (autoflowers):
All seedlings are producing at a nice and steady rate, I feel a lot of growing possibly coming on in this next week, especially with the temperatures going back up into the high 70s. I have noticed the formation of what's known as "stipules", these are leaf-like structures that come out at the internodal points. They are photosynthetic pigments, but their main purpose is to aid the very small, tender growth that is actually trying to sprout from the node, so even at this early age I can see signs of hormones being sent to a bit of "branching".
I have read that this particular strain (being it has Russian Ruderalis in it) really does not like a lot of nutrients, it just prefers regular dirt over hydro, and should quite frankly be the perfect strain for a winter grown (at least in my location). We'll see how it goes though ; No promises!

Regular note:
I can't wait to grow more of my regular mystery sativa seeds next year, in combination with more of my precious Hong Kong OG, and the free seeds Northern Lights x Skunk (feminised seed) and Skunk X Kerala (2 reg..) so will see how I can implement all those different things, still get the amount of bud from the strains I want, and keep myself under the limit (grr @ our small limit).

OK enough ranting for now all, just a little entry into the journal. Hope all is well in your gardens and Happy Holidays to ya all!:xmas:

I grow autos, and was noticing some of the same things. I even posted about it two weeks back. I transplanted six of my seedlings a few days early based on my best guess, and was right five outta the six plants. It was only a few days early, and mostly done for the fun of it. The one male got pulled up, and replaced only after a few more days. The remaining females still hadn't shown sex at transplant, but all the males had. Within three, or four more days all of the transplants showed female. I've subscribed to your grow, and happily follow. Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom