Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Im tellin ya'l...that heat may i just put into use works awesome and only draws 180w.....raised my gr to 75f overnight.It just sits on the bare concrete floor under my plant trollies/trays.
What sort of mat is it Duggs? That might work or at least help. Gonna see what I can do with exhausts and fans first before I invest in anything else. Sounds like it might be the missing link for us though, thanks for the input brother!

Sheesh, it's a bitch being a 20th century man ... :hmmmm:

I just checked the cost of 2 inch pink insulation board ...

$30 farkin' bucks for a 4x8 sheet!!!! o_O

Inflation really messes with memory. *sigh*

... mutter ... gotta be kidding me ... thirty bucks ... what - Chinese tariffs? ... mutter ...
That foam might be something I can use if I go the partition route, probably insulates much better than wood would.

And it is very easy to work with, :thumb: $cheap cutters availible.:Namaste:

Duck tape it together ... :) ... thirty bucks for chrissakes ... mutter ...

I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some of that pink insulation to put under the tents to insulate them from the ground. Soil temps that deep (basement) are in the 50's most of the year. I don'r run mine directly on the concrete. You could stick a couple 315 CMH's in the veg tent then at least the heat is coming from the light so you are not paying for light and heat. Then suck that out into the flowering tent.

With your luck the cold temps will change the fade colors into some kaleidoscope of brilliant colors that make us all jealous.

In the long run I think building a room (or rooms) is the best way to go. if I had the money and know how to throw at it I would partition off my basement or build rooms. It will help with heating (and cooling) in the long run. I saw another member on here advocate for setting someones ventilation up as a recirculating system. basically by pulling the warm air from the top and blowing it back into the bottom of the tent. They claim that tents breath enough for the plants to get sufficient CO2 and that opening them helps as well. They also mentioned that if you ever want to suppliment CO2 you would have to run a setup like this anyways to make it worth it. Insulation under your tents is a must, or you could put them up on pallets. Anything to get them off the concrete which will act as a heat sink and freeze your roots.

This heat mat suits my purpose in so many ways. I was able to move that other space heater outta there , even though my pots sit on trays , on plant trollies, about 2 inches off the floor, this nice radiant heat coming from below will only help the roots. The idea of putting rigid insulation down is a good one , for sure . I would still need supplemental heat from somewhere in there though cuz ambient , at night can get below 65 down there. This heat mat is perfect,..i've been wanting one for a while. Cheers Gang.

I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some of that pink insulation to put under the tents to insulate them from the ground. Soil temps that deep (basement) are in the 50's most of the year. I don'r run mine directly on the concrete. You could stick a couple 315 CMH's in the veg tent then at least the heat is coming from the light so you are not paying for light and heat. Then suck that out into the flowering tent.

With your luck the cold temps will change the fade colors into some kaleidoscope of brilliant colors that make us all jealous.
Its funny you say that about the colors......wait until I get a few minutes to actually do an update. The Hawaiian Mayan Gold is incredible right now. Deep deep red and purple in the leaves, almost to a blue hue.

In the long run I think building a room (or rooms) is the best way to go. if I had the money and know how to throw at it I would partition off my basement or build rooms. It will help with heating (and cooling) in the long run. I saw another member on here advocate for setting someones ventilation up as a recirculating system. basically by pulling the warm air from the top and blowing it back into the bottom of the tent. They claim that tents breath enough for the plants to get sufficient CO2 and that opening them helps as well. They also mentioned that if you ever want to suppliment CO2 you would have to run a setup like this anyways to make it worth it. Insulation under your tents is a must, or you could put them up on pallets. Anything to get them off the concrete which will act as a heat sink and freeze your roots.

I have most of my pots sitting on other pots or buckets. I run my lights at max height and elevate plants as needed. I am digging the mat idea in conjunction with recycling the air of the opposite tent from high to low. And I agree, ultimately a separate room will likely be the way to go. Just gotta find me a 420 friendly "sparky" out here in the new hood. That will all come with a bit of time.

Ordered a 5x5 to run in conjunction with the 4x4. Should be here in a couple days and I will get to start playing around with things then.

Back
Top Bottom