Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Ok so got screen shot captures since I can't figure out how to line the sample number. I will post the full report when the Harvest Cup is over.

First up is the cannabinoid profile for the Tangie Ghost Train

Here is the same thing for the Stankberry

Very well done especially considering yours was not cheery picked from 50 different plants. I always wanted to see a home grower put up these tests. The potency backes up what you observed. Another stank job well done.

Thanks for taking the time to post that. We know you're busy.

Taking a quick break from unpacking to rest and give a quick update.

We have most of the plants in the basement at this time. The temps in the basement are lower than I want so we are definitely on the cool side (64-66 degrees) and I am going to have to figure something out to try and raise some temps a bit.

I am toying with the idea of using the warmer expelled air from one tent to help increase the temp in other tents. Basically I am thinking since heat rises, pull cool air out from down low (in my mind that should pull the warmer air from up high) and exhaust it while bringing in the warmer air from the other tent. I have a couple extra inline fans that I can play around with but I am hoping that we will be able to raise temps up a bit. I do have a space heater I can try as well.

The basement is very large (1500 square feet) and its open so there are no smaller rooms to use to raise the temps. The good news is the RH in the basement is perfect at about 50%. Ultimately I might need to build a room into the basement for winter time temps. Perhaps once I get all the lights up and set up and running, it will help to warm it up.

I am considering alternating veg times from flower times for now to be able to use the heat the lights produce in 18 hours of veg to help warm up the flower girls while lights are off.

Feel free to chime in with any ideas you might have!

The Spydrx Plus heat efficiency kind of works against me in the winter.

I think if I can get just a few degrees more warmth from the lights heat in the other tents, I will be fine. I have an old Viparspectra and Mars I can break out. They used to throw out a lot of heat.....which is one of the reasons I stopped using them.

I think its going to be a bit before I am ready for the 10'x10'......at least a month if I am being honest....so I am thinking about getting another tent in the mean time to try experimenting with using two tents to warm each other. Thinking a 5'x5' that will have the Spydrx in it and will be used as the flower tent until we have the 10'x10' ready for that. Then I will use the current 4x4 as the veg tent with a Dwarf Star, a Viparspectra, and the Mars light in it for as much heat as I can muster.

The big 10'x10' will need a really good cleaning before I am comfortable using it (been in storage for about a year or so) so using the two smaller tents until I get it cleaned and recleaned and recleaned again, will allow us the room or flexibility we need for now and as long as it will take. In the absolute worse case, I can partition a portion of the basement and use the light's heat in a smaller space to make my environment a bit more controllable. That may end up being my end state anyways. Perhaps something with removable walls in the summer if needed (no clue what the temps will run in the summer months).

Anyways, back to work.

Hey Van! I like the idea of using heat from veg tent to keep bloom tent warm at lights out. I mentioned that idea in my journsl a while back and people were kind of harsh on it basically saying lights on time needed to be the same but I was gonna do that, when it's time to move veg to bloom that bloom tent lights on time would change to match the veg tent, jeez I'm confusing myself now!

What I wound up doing was using an under rug heater which we already had and it worked awesome! They are a little pricy but you'll save money over running a space heater.

Sheesh, it's a bitch being a 20th century man ... :hmmmm:

I just checked the cost of 2 inch pink insulation board ...

$30 farkin' bucks for a 4x8 sheet!!!! o_O

Inflation really messes with memory. *sigh*

... mutter ... gotta be kidding me ... thirty bucks ... what - Chinese tariffs? ... mutter ...

Im tellin ya'l...that heat may i just put into use works awesome and only draws 180w.....raised my gr to 75f overnight.It just sits on the bare concrete floor under my plant trollies/trays.
I am hoping my new mat does the same thing

Back
Top Bottom