The Stanks Do Stankberry & DTF

DTF #1 Veg Day 75

First off, an apology on the day number. As I was reviewing the files, I saw I musta made a "math" mistake on a previous update that I didn't catch. Needless to say, I was missing about 10 days in total veg time. Anyways, watered this girl with a little less than half a gallon of rain water yesterday. She was looking sad last night so I let her get some beauty sleep before our shoot today. She seemed to have appreciated that. This was the first full water on her since I up potted her. I expect to see much more rapid growth going forward.

The plan with this is to continue to keep her low and wide and try to veg her for another 30 days or so and flip. Aside from slower growth post transplant, she seems happy and healthy.

Stankberry #3 Veg Day 74

Things are REALLY picking up with this one. Her growth since being up potted is right up there with the monster Northern Lights I grew. She is starting to make me nervous with her growth in the new pot.

I gave her a bit over a half gallon of rain water only last night and she was thrilled when the lights came on. I have attached a comparison on the Stankberry vs DTF where you can see the explosive growth rates on the Stankberry plants when you take the training wheels off. I topped and up potted Stankberry #2 a few days ago. I Put her into a 2 gallon pot in an attempt to try and keep her a bit smaller. Not sure if it will work, they don't like to grow slow. I will get some pictures of her in a day or two. I also topped the male Stankberry #1 plant that I am keeping around for a bit.

DTF vs Stankberry

I don't generally complain about fungus knats.....its something that comes with the territory when growing in organic soil.

Now my issue was during the move and subsequent unpacking and they got a bit of a foothold on a couple plants. The stickies keep them in check, until I can find my fans. Air movement is the key. I have no air movement in that tent currently so they have an easier task staying near plants.

Air movement in conjunction with wet and dry cycles in veg will generally keep them in check. I hate em, but when u grow in soil, and top dress like we do, it's easy to get some.

This is a great idea, Stanks!

You 2 are doing such great work and this will make that easier for me to follow, and I’m grateful :Namaste:

I’ve decided, after reading a recent story about the finding of the potentially-legendary African Meltdown pheno, that Van is a seed wisperer!:ganjamon:

This is a great idea, Stanks!

You 2 are doing such great work and this will make that easier for me to follow, and I’m grateful :Namaste:

I’ve decided, after reading a recent story about the finding of the potentially-legendary African Meltdown pheno, that Van is a seed wisperer!:ganjamon:
I don't know about seed whisperer but there was definitely some sort of extra help in leading me to that one. I went to my buddy's house to help him move some stuff as he is moving out of state and I was asking him about his thoughts on that Meltdown. He has been smoking for 20+ years and has tried by his estimate "well over 100 strains" and he has never had a strain as long lasting as the Meltdown.

I have felt its effects out to 5 hours a couple times. He felt it out past the 4 hour mark each time he smoked it.

DTF #1 Veg Day 82

We have the weekly update on this girl. She is trudging along and I continue to spread out as she gets bigger. The goal is to get her to about 100 days and then up pot (assuming the roots are where I want them...I will start checking next week) to a 10 gallon and let her loose.

I hit her with some rain water and H2O2 to try to reign in these fungus gnats. I can't find my freaking fans so I will order some new ones and run them right over the surface. I know I unpacked them, but I will be damned if I can find them. Regardless, I don't want them to get any more of a foothold than they already have.

Stankberry #3 Veg Day 81

Up next we have our biggest Stankberry girl. She is growing like crazy. Gave her a treatment of H2O2 with the rain water to help get a hold on the fungus gnats. Let the little buggers get in here and without the fans its tough to get rid of them. Will be adding some Gnat Gnix to the top of the pot to help.

We are going for the same goal with this wild child.....100 days at veg, up pot, give it a week and flip as we are with the DTF. Probably will have to flip this one first because she is trying to grow out of this tent. Very pleased with her overall growth. The strain is definitely a very fast grower.

Stankberry and DTF comparison

Wow bro your girls are always so healthy, but the comparison pic really shows how much of a beast she is. You always do a great job with your plants, Ive been copying you alot lol. I let them get completely root bound before up-potting now I'm seeing more explosive growth and much larger plants. Can't wait to see these girls in flower. After seeing that Stankberry I'm going to grow 1 outdoors see how big I can get her.
I wanna be just like the Stanks when I grow up lmao!!!!

Back
Top Bottom