Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Re: Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures and Photos from the Garden - 2012

Hey X, glad you are on the mend. Your plants definitely are! You Rock! Keep up the good work. You will make it to experimentation mode one of these days, no rush. I enjoy experimenting as much as growing. The harvest is a nice bonus. I've been very busy working with a volunteer garden (community garden) here recently. Most of my vegetable harvest there will be donated.

Well we are about to find out as each week from here on out in my flower tent I'm going to deduct a half hour of light each week until I hit 9 hours and then keep it there.

Cool!! I am really glad you are trying that - I can't wait to see how it works out. I'm still undecided on what to do for my bloom light schedule this round. Where are you starting with it... 12? I might consider doing same thing - trying to figure the plan out as we speak.

I just put the gals into the dark for 24 hours. So, I kinda have a ticker going by the end of which it would be ideal to have a plan for bloom lighting cycle, haha.

Hey X, glad you are on the mend. Your plants definitely are! You Rock! Keep up the good work. You will make it to experimentation mode one of these days, no rush. I enjoy experimenting as much as growing. The harvest is a nice bonus. I've been very busy working with a volunteer garden (community garden) here recently. Most of my vegetable harvest there will be donated.

Thanks a bunch OG! Cool on the community garden. I love the concept and it's great that you are donating much of the harvest. Way cool! :high-five:

I really like experimenting, too. I wish I felt better and had a few more $$ so I could do more of it. Eventually!

glad to hear things are going better and feeling better X

What's good in the hood brother Xlr-8~) !?

Sorry to hear your springs and gears were busting out the brain pan.:yikes:I have zero idea, what it is you could be going through, what you have been faced with. The one thing I do know, is that there isn't a thing we wouldn't do for a friend in need. If it's worth anything, I think of you as one of the greatest people on this website. Positive vibes coming to you mi amigo!

I'm no Hydro-guy, but I'm learning from you. Congrats on getting the "bugs" worked out :high-five:

glad to hear things are going better and feeling better X

Thank you Chronic! I'm trying so hard to stay focused on the positive, but today is tough mentally. I'm going to leap into action soon and try to get my rehab/exercise in, which seems to always perk me up some. I finally got clearance to do some more aggressive activity for rehabilitation, so I'm really going for it. I just hope so much it helps get the physical side of things better. :)

What's good in the hood brother Xlr-8~) !?

Sorry to hear your springs and gears were busting out the brain pan.:yikes:I have zero idea, what it is you could be going through, what you have been faced with. The one thing I do know, is that there isn't a thing we wouldn't do for a friend in need. If it's worth anything, I think of you as one of the greatest people on this website. Positive vibes coming to you mi amigo!

I'm no Hydro-guy, but I'm learning from you. Congrats on getting the "bugs" worked out :high-five:

Hey buddy! Well if it's worth anything, the feeling is mutual! I still feel pretty special for being mentioned in your 4/20 video last year! :)

I appreciate the positive support a lot, and it is worth a lot to me. I've been so limited by the surgeries I've had that I'm feeling a bit like a "shut in". I still get out now and then, but it sucks living like this. I am realizing that this community is a big part of my mental health.

Shhh, don't wake the bügs. I think they've forgotten about me for a bit. I'm not wanting to tempt fate much by mentioning them without at least an umlaut to disguise them by.

Love you buddy, thanks for helping cheer me up! :circle-of-love:

I am so proud on how you deal with things X...

You really have to be one of the most mature people I know:circle-of-love:

I love how your always so professional, yet you give everything such a warming, comforting feel. I couldn't replace anything with how I feel about this site. It's almost like the movie Avatar, just a perfect dreamworld lol:popcorn:

Your ability to dig deep and find positivity just makes me so happy:Namaste:...Exactly like you said...sometimes those Valleys can be friggen DEEP lol!:helpsmilie:

You are my role model friend :love:

LOL I spent a few seconds trying to kill this bug! Glad you're feeling better, and you made my day already, poking at my screen! LOL
:laughtwo:

As for DLS, I'm following 12/12's guidelines and am currently at 10.5 hours of light (7pm to 5:30am). And reducing by a 1/2 hour each week. It doesn't seem to be hurting, but I have nothing to compare a side by side with at the time. I read somewhere that plants use up most of their growing energy in the first X hours of light (although can't remember the X factor, no pun intended), Which is why GLR works. Anyway, here's the goods:

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule as posted by 12/12 in his blog: The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis
The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant's limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers.

Thank you Chronic! I'm trying so hard to stay focused on the positive, but today is tough mentally. I'm going to leap into action soon and try to get my rehab/exercise in, which seems to always perk me up some. I finally got clearance to do some more aggressive activity for rehabilitation, so I'm really going for it. I just hope so much it helps get the physical side of things better. :)

Dude, you need to come fishing with me... I'll be up at Union Reservoir in California if you wanna join me. Fresh air, huge trees, cool water, and as of 6/1/2012 freshly planted lake with 2, 3, and 6lb class rainbow trout.

I feed 2lb trout to Florida strain Largemouth Bass.

SHINER FISHING!! Gawd it's been too long since I've been to the glades...

Had a lot of fun waiting for that shad to swim right to those monsters in the weeds. Great fight! Left me with my heart pounding like I had just landed a marlin.

I used to live in the south, so I'm no stranger to those bass. Man I miss so many types of fish form there. Big ass bluegill, channel cats, striper, crappie, bass (both types), and my ultimate freshwater catch - APALOOSA!!

Dude, some of the best Fla Strain Largemouth bass fishing is in the Calif Delta and Clear Lake in Nor Cal.

Dude, some of the best Fla Strain Largemouth bass fishing is in the Calif Delta and Clear Lake in Nor Cal.

I'll have to plan a trip over there someday. It's only about 130 mi away from here. But next week, I'm heading up to the sierras to do some trout fishing. Got my fly rod all ready, some fuzzy buggers tied, and I'm ready to go.

hehehe, I just noticed this is my 2500th post.

hey hey XL, what's up man? glad to see your thread still alive :D
I hope all is well here.

I haven't been on much, been building a hotrod :)

kind regards

Hey X! You sure sound better.....even doing exercises ......Glad to hear it Buddy.....your such a good friend......you sure have helped me a many ah time!:love::thumb:

Glad to hear that you are getting back to doing some stretching and meditating. I know just how hard it can be to get yourself going again, been trying for a few years now myself.

If you need anything just let me know brother. :passitleft:

I am so proud on how you deal with things X...

You really have to be one of the most mature people I know:circle-of-love:

I love how your always so professional, yet you give everything such a warming, comforting feel. I couldn't replace anything with how I feel about this site. It's almost like the movie Avatar, just a perfect dreamworld lol:popcorn:

Your ability to dig deep and find positivity just makes me so happy:Namaste:...Exactly like you said...sometimes those Valleys can be friggen DEEP lol!:helpsmilie:

You are my role model friend :love:

Hi Missbud!

I'm no role-model, but thanks so much for the really nice compliment! You made me smile, and I need the smiles right now.

OMM has always been my role model for what being a good member here is all about. It's no coincidence that he's won MOTM so many times. Having said that, there are so many people here who go out of their way to help one another, huh? I'm with you, the whole world would be such a better place if it had the sense of community we have here.

As far as digging deep, I'm trying. It's so tough sometimes though! I need to persevere, though, so you do what you must to make that happen - no matter how hard. Sometimes, the best weapon is positivity and positive action out of negative circumstances. Being a victim? Doesn't work.

I saw a kindred spirit in you from the very beginning, and I value your friendship a lot. I'm really glad to see you around again. I was sad when I worried you were gone for good (that stupid neighbor of yours, huh?!)

Thanks as always for all the love and support, MissBud! :circle-of-love:

LOL I spent a few seconds trying to kill this bug! Glad you're feeling better, and you made my day already, poking at my screen! LOL
:laughtwo:

As for DLS, I'm following 12/12's guidelines and am currently at 10.5 hours of light (7pm to 5:30am). And reducing by a 1/2 hour each week. It doesn't seem to be hurting, but I have nothing to compare a side by side with at the time. I read somewhere that plants use up most of their growing energy in the first X hours of light (although can't remember the X factor, no pun intended), Which is why GLR works. Anyway, here's the goods:

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule as posted by 12/12 in his blog: The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

Thanks Surfbuddy! I'm familiar with the post and the schedule for it, but wasn't sure if he was tweaking it at all especially considering any sativa plants. Thank you a bunch though for posting the info about it. I'm glad you shared the link and info. I've researched the 12-1 technique (Gas Lantern Routine) and used it in veg. I just haven't used it in flower, yet. Sativas seem to respond well to shorter daylight periods than indicas. For example, since all of my plants were predominantly sativa in my last grow, I used an 11/13 schedule from the start. I'd considered tapering it gradually from there, but never ended up doing it.

So, I had to decide something yesterday (I'd given my plants 24 hours darkness prior to flipping to bloom phase). I ended up putting them on an 11.5/12.5 lighting schedule for now. I may decide to gradually taper down from there, or I may just let it ride for a while... Not sure yet.

Thanks again for the great info and links on the GLR/12-1 technique. :thanks:

Dude, you need to come fishing with me... I'll be up at Union Reservoir in California if you wanna join me. Fresh air, huge trees, cool water, and as of 6/1/2012 freshly planted lake with 2, 3, and 6lb class rainbow trout.

That's a pretty cool invite, and something I'd love to do, but I'm not up to it yet. I'm still having a hard time getting around, and travel kills me at the moment. I love trout fishing though, and a good rainbow fights harder than any freshwater fish, even a largemouth bass! Biggest Rainbow I've caught is about 7lbs (Steelhead).

I love bass fishing, too. Here I thought, all this time you were Bassman as in the Bass guitar, and it's really Bass as in the fish, huh? Can't belive I just figured that out!! We used to have a popular member here, Bassplayer, and I guess that's where I got thrown off maybe... I grew up Bass fishing, and it's something I miss a lot. One of these days I'll get back out there! :)

SHINER FISHING!! Gawd it's been too long since I've been to the glades...

Had a lot of fun waiting for that shad to swim right to those monsters in the weeds. Great fight! Left me with my heart pounding like I had just landed a marlin.

I used to live in the south, so I'm no stranger to those bass. Man I miss so many types of fish form there. Big ass bluegill, channel cats, striper, crappie, bass (both types), and my ultimate freshwater catch - APALOOSA!!

I'll have to plan a trip over there someday. It's only about 130 mi away from here. But next week, I'm heading up to the sierras to do some trout fishing. Got my fly rod all ready, some fuzzy buggers tied, and I'm ready to go.

hehehe, I just noticed this is my 2500th post.

Sigh, Now I just want to go fishing!! Good luck when you go Jandre and Bass. Congrats on your 2,500 post!

Back
Top Bottom