Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Re: Advanced LED vs TopLED side by side comparison Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm

Well if anything it would 'even' out the results, so if there is a noticeable difference at end we will know it is not occurring to large extent:)
In terms of quantity, likely yes. Im terms of quality, no.

I think there would certainly be some "blending" from one side to the other, but I also feel there would be enough separation to provide some solid, empirical data that may provide answers to questions some may have. Hell, with such a direct opportunity to compare, some stuff may become more apparent that perhaps may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

To comment on the debate, it would seem to me that the "sharing" part of the two sides would come from the root system and the shared nutrients, but the energy-absorption/photosynthesis part wouldn't be shared noticeably. It will certainly be interesting to see how that turns out here. I'm predicting not much difference in the end, but a SMALL difference will be enough to tell us something about the two lamps.

I too, like Bolivar, am expecting not much difference.

If the end results end up being no real difference I may have to end up doing second test with totally clones on each side in seperat media containers. If indeed the plants can 'share' photosynthetic activity with their root systems.

I just realized I made a mistake when starting this thread....

The Brianstorm is NOT Brainstorm, but is is a Blueberry clone. Any chance I could have an admin change title and edit my first post please?

subscribed. I do love comparisons

Welcome SmokerJoe!

I think I may have finally got pH stabilized for the Hawaiian Snow, the first time I checked in morning ( I have it set to run once a day at 4 AM for 30 mins one hour after light comes on) after the irrigation where the res pH did not go up, was still 5.7-5.8, every other morning have had to add a decent amount of pH down.

They also both got a couple cups of the tea from the Capn's recipe...

Tea recipe: How to get pearly white roots and accellerate vegetative growth - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Re: Advanced LED vs TopLED side by side comparison Hawaiian Snow and Brianstorm

I am so :popcorn:

Welcome to the website LordofDanknis hope you enjoy your stay. If you need any help feel free to ask

I am wondering (because of colloidal silver spraying one branch and it not affecting the rest of the plant) if the hormones the plant generates due to light spectrum would effect the rest of the plant as you are all referring to, is it more of a local (in the leaf and stock receiving the light spectrum) reaction where it would stay local. The plants circulatory system seems to me to be a feed type system from the roots to the leaf rather then a transport system from one leaf to another, or one branch to another.

Now i do not know if the hormones ect are generated in the leaf or in the roots then transferred up to the leaf, and if they are in the leaf it would seem to me that that they would stay localized; and if the hormones ect are generated in the roots the hormones would only be sent to the leafs getting the particular spectrum of light which would cause the roots to send the hormones to the sight where the light would set the signal calling for the hormones.

Welcome to all those that have arrived!

As to the discussion of what a plant 'shares' through its roots....I would suspect that some things would be, but others not. I assume someone has tried the keep half a plant in 12/12 the other in 18/6, I wonder what would happen there, from what I know about how flowering hormones work I would bet whole plant would flower but take longer to switch.

Or revert back to millions of years of plant evolution, and that is to self-pollinate. :idea:

I am wondering ... if the hormones the plant generates due to light spectrum would effect the rest of the plant as you are all referring to, is it more of a local (in the leaf and stock receiving the light spectrum) reaction where it would stay local. The plants circulatory system seems to me to be a feed type system from the roots to the leaf rather then a transport system from one leaf to another, or one branch to another.
Well you ought not have to wonder anymore as ofcourse botanist study these types of things for decades... this paper specifically talks about hormones moving thru the transport system throughout the plant. I have shown 2 papers now that show whole plant response to localized light influences, im sure there are 1000's more and the reason i keep bringing up the shade response is because I suspect that is one of the major reactions the plant is going to make when one side gets more umol light and/or different spectrum than the other side. Specifically, plants read differences in spectrum, intensity, ... and because you have 2 different lights, presumably somewhat different spectrums and/or intensities, the plant may or may not interpolate that as a shading as opposed to just intensities and/or spectrum and/or both. Why is this important?

Because more umol means more biomass as we all know. But the shade response may or may not push growth depending on lots of factors. So lets make up numbers just for example, say there is5% increase in side A over B. So then the next question would have to be was that from more umol? better spectrum? or was it just a small difference in spectrum that triggered a shade response from side B to push growth of side A which drove elongation and closer into intensity? Without knowing lots more, how do you know which is which? There are so many factors that would need to be controlled for such as keeping the same umol intensity throughout the grow as opposed to letting one side get higher into the light...

Dont get me wrong, its a cool experiment but im not sure the results will be as straighforward as side A better than B because A bigger.

I dont know about the silver, could you provide some sort of link so we can all read about it?

Back
Top Bottom