Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

I like to paint the small leaves next to new pistils coming out. Somehow they know where pollen is trapped in the crystals and will reach over and tag the pollen and a seed is born!

Welcome to all of you who have subscribed so far! I am very excited to have you all here. :cheer:

For those of you who have not seen the process of a male cannabis plant maturing, I have a page on my 420 blog that gives a pictorial on it.
If you want to see it, here's the link:
The male pollen sacs...from my own grow - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®
There is also a series of pictures on the Female flowering process too, just above that post on the blog.

And I wanted to explain why I have two separate scrog areas with plants in flower. I never expected to get more than 5 female plants out of 10 seeds. I wound up with 6. The first scrog area could only accomodate 5. So I had to come up with another area, and another scrog screen.
My veggie room is in a completely different closed off room of my basement, 40 feet away from the flower room. That is why I felt comfortable with allowing a male plant to grow without danger of pollinating the females. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you have any questions, please ask. Someone here is sure to know, if not...I will make every attempt to find the answer. :high-five:

Subbed cannafan. Looking great and congrats on your nom as well. Just saw that.

Your project looks great so far and it will be fun to see the outcome.

I plan on doing a project soon will let you know when I do.

Thanks Shottafire, I was just tickled pink ...purple...red and orange when I saw that.
I will be looking forward to your project for sure!
So I'm going to have to keep guessing what you have up your sleeve? :laughtwo: That's okay though, surprises are a good thing. :high-five:

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, I see you're not wasting anytime and moving right along, where's the envy button? :)
LOL, Heady...I've looked for that button several times since I joined :420:

Great info, thanks for the invite! sub'd!!
Welcome trichomes! Glad you made it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great thread ... Keep up the great work ! :)
Defo deserve some reps !
Thanks Dr Pepper. Hope baby pepper is doing well. Why am I always thirsty for a soft drink when I read your posts?:biglaugh:

Thank you for the generic invitation, Canna :) Love the Title :ciao:
Amazing photos :thumb:
:goodluck:
Hey trouble! Thank you! Glad you are here. :allgood:1 HC FTW KC

Ooh cool, i'm planning to make my own seeds next too, i'll keep a close eye on this :)
Great Olagan. Let's hope the lil' girl gets seedy on us. :high-five:

Subbed and +REPS ! Go girl :cheer:
Thanks so much Dyold. Glad to have you on board. I will need to pop over to your F.O.G. tonight. (Forest Of Green is my tag name for Dyold's grow...seriously folks he has a forest! LOL)

Nice Canna, thanks for the invite!
Hi Danklover! Glad you made it. This should be interesting for sure. :slide:

Subbed but of course, really looking forward to this. So best of luck!
Thanks LA! Great to see you. You're a busy busy dude with your new one too! Good luck to you too. :high-five:

well done canna
Hi yttocs1010, hope the snow didn't stick where you are today. YUK Thanks for subscribing!:cheesygrinsmiley:

subscribed. thank you for the invitation.
Hi KJC, thanks for joining us. Always good to see you. :thanks:

I hope I have everyone so far. If I missed anyone just pop a wave :ciao: at me. or kick me....:laughtwo:

Okay, I want to be sure I get any information I gathered about this process over here. So here is a post from my other thread regarding the seeds:

Cannafan asked:
"Hey Mcloadie, how long does it take seeds to "mature" generally?"

Answer from Mcloadie:
"Well, lemme see; we're gonna talk in indoor terms.......the bananas don't come out of the buds til they're around 2 or 3 weeks from harvest. But we have to remember that when they come out they've already been stripped of their pollen. So, I'd say to add another week and a half to that. Now, if you're talking about your selective pollination exercise, they will be done when the bud is done. Or, for extra assurance you could leave that branch on the plant and keep it growing to be SURE that you get mature seeds. I have been told, that the seeds are perfectly mature when they rattle in the husk, or to be more specific the calyx shell. I have used batches of seeds that some were quite mature and some were crappy, you will always hand select from your seed bank....with a loupe and a pair of tweezers and get those seeds that look simply lovely to you. It's a rewarding task you have undertaken..........my hats off to you!"

subd,

did you notice the pistils shrivel up after pollenation,

ive had a quick flick and looks like you done a good job, a little pollen goes along way, theirs a method of making the pollen go further but not tried it myself, but basically when you use pure pollen only a small amount is actually used and the rest is wasted when you wash it off the plant, so a method to make it go further is to add a small amount of flour to it, this gives you more pollen to work with, not tried it so cant comment on it working or not.

now for seed development times i find it all depends on when you pollenate the plant, if you pollenate really early then the seeds tend to take longer to develop and you get a lot less seeds, but from my own experience with both male and female pollen i usually find my seeds are ready and splitting the seed pods at around week 4 from pollenation, but the longer you can leave them the better, the seeds will fall out when ready and when the buds dried, so leave the seeds in the plant as long as you can but 4 weeks id say is the earliest id harvest after pollenation, plus the seeds still develop after harvest, i have harvested plants before that i didnt know was seeded and at harvest the seeds where still green, i thought they would be wasted but once the bud was dried the seeds where looking like regular seeds and all i planted germed,

Back
Top Bottom