Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

Morning Gang....little update this morning. Last night i noticed alot of colas/buds on the fast pheno are getting too heavy to support themselves ...so...since some of these buds are now well above my stake and wire cage i'm gonna hang a lil thing from above that will solve this problem.
It will be a single string from above tied to a 8-10"wire ring. On this "ring" i'l be able to support most of the heavy buds from the fast pheno....the others are starting to lean way over as well....just love it when they get heavy like this....means they are getting mature and ripe. Glands are maturing nicely and continue to bulk up!
Today is day four of my watering cycle ,so they'le be pretty thirsty tonight.I'm thinken it's a really good time to hit them with a Transplant drench....last one this grow, all remaining drenches will be with G.E.. For those wondering why....Doc says in his original Kit instructions to play the two drenches against each other throughout the grow. This is something i've continued to do with all my Kit grows.I just want to give them one more drench that leans to the reproductive side of things in the soil. Each pot will get around 20-25mls. Trans. and a bit of Tea. I've never seen colas like this indoors before and they just continue to get bigger and juicier looking.

Wanna know why......It's all the soil they have to draw from, period. They're NOT running out of gas.....they have alot of reserves with these big pots. I am sure of this now. Doc's instructions for the kit are to use pots that are at least 5 gal's. This is fine for his method of flipping them as soon as you transplant into them, but i like to veg for a few weeks in my big pots to get a nice big plant before flip, so they need the extra soil for bloom ,later on....works for me!

Zamal Hash seedlings are lovin life right now and have a really nice colour to them...not too dark and have a lil flourescant shade to them! Awesome looking in enriched (leaf scraps , root bits and "Roots") second run soil!

Tonight when the Desfrans get that drench, i'm gonna give a full 5-6 gal's. each, really wanna get the whole pot soaked good this last Trans Drench. Anyhow , hope i havn't bored too many ...cheers gang and have a super Sunday!:circle-of-love:

Why you gotta be so far away bro?!?! I wish I could come over and hang out with ya and try some of that professionally grown produce you got there! Lol
Cheers my brotha :)

Mornin' duggan! I'm just rolling through.
Your plan sounds excellent. Looking forward to the results. You are going to have a pair of Juicy Lucys on your hands.

Watcha all think of my hanger idea? A couple pics...just made this thing. Gonna try it tonight. Just used a few of the original wire s that come with all these leds. Don't use em cuz needed to get the lights UP farther than the wires would allow. Seemed to me they would be perfect for this purpose. Cheers eh!
wire_support_002.jpg
wire_support_003.jpg

Why you gotta be so far away bro?!?! I wish I could come over and hang out with ya and try some of that professionally grown produce you got there! Lol
Cheers my brotha :)
Ya....ok ...you got lots of your own pro grown produce pal! :high-five: Thanks though eh!
Mornin' duggan! I'm just rolling through.
Your plan sounds excellent. Looking forward to the results. You are going to have a pair of Juicy Lucys on your hands.
Mornin Major...thanks eh...have a look at this thing will ya....think it'l work you guys?

Mornin Major...thanks eh...have a look at this thing will ya....think it'l work you guys?

You bet. Don't see why not. As long as you can hang it at the right height it should do the job.

Morning Gang....little update this morning. Last night i noticed alot of colas/buds on the fast pheno are getting too heavy to support themselves ...so...since some of these buds are now well above my stake and wire cage i'm gonna hang a lil thing from above that will solve this problem.
It will be a single string from above tied to a 8-10"wire ring. On this "ring" i'l be able to support most of the heavy buds from the fast pheno....the others are starting to lean way over as well....just love it when they get heavy like this....means they are getting mature and ripe. Glands are maturing nicely and continue to bulk up!
Today is day four of my watering cycle ,so they'le be pretty thirsty tonight.I'm thinken it's a really good time to hit them with a Transplant drench....last one this grow, all remaining drenches will be with G.E.. For those wondering why....Doc says in his original Kit instructions to play the two drenches against each other throughout the grow. This is something i've continued to do with all my Kit grows.I just want to give them one more drench that leans to the reproductive side of things in the soil. Each pot will get around 20-25mls. Trans. and a bit of Tea. I've never seen colas like this indoors before and they just continue to get bigger and juicier looking.

Wanna know why......It's all the soil they have to draw from, period. They're NOT running out of gas.....they have alot of reserves with these big pots. I am sure of this now. Doc's instructions for the kit are to use pots that are at least 5 gal's. This is fine for his method of flipping them as soon as you transplant into them, but i like to veg for a few weeks in my big pots to get a nice big plant before flip, so they need the extra soil for bloom ,later on....works for me!

Zamal Hash seedlings are lovin life right now and have a really nice colour to them...not too dark and have a lil flourescant shade to them! Awesome looking in enriched (leaf scraps , root bits and "Roots") second run soil!

Tonight when the Desfrans get that drench, i'm gonna give a full 5-6 gal's. each, really wanna get the whole pot soaked good this last Trans Drench. Anyhow , hope i havn't bored too many ...cheers gang and have a super Sunday!:circle-of-love:

Couldn't agree more. Once basic Env params are stable this is the most important part of growing perfect HB plants IMO. Everything is just so easy when you give them enough soil for the size of plant you're growing.

Any Idea if total volume per plant matters more or less than the total volume available even if its shared. Sorry im baked and having a hard time saying what I want to right now :rofl:

Lets try this, example numbers
Is 5 plants, each in its own 5gal pot the same or better or worse than 5 plants in a single 25gal pot? If these Zamadelica clones work I would like to run 5 of them flipped right after they root up and start growing in a single 25gal and my thinking is even though they are sharing it and each plant only has the equiv of 5gal of soil that they will think its bigger and the larger container will allow the microbes to get established better and work better than they would if I ran a bunch of 5gals but I really don't know.

Have a good Sunday bud :passitleft:

I'd much rather have 5 x 5 gal. If nothing else you can space them for better light penetration. They are also a lot easier to handle for drenching, spraying, training, checking for pests, etc. Five plants in a single 25 gal would be too crowded IMO. Soil might be the same amount but the light wouldn't be.

I'd much rather have 5 x 5 gal. If nothing else you can space them for better light penetration. They are also a lot easier to handle for drenching, spraying, training, checking for pests, etc. Five plants in a single 25 gal would be too crowded IMO. Soil might be the same amount but the light wouldn't be.

Hey Major hope your weekend is going good bud :passitleft:

Since these are getting flipped immediately after the clones root up they should each turn into a small single cola (well hopefully a medium to large cola :) ) plant with no real branching I should have enough space between them if I do 4 or 5, I could probably fit 8 or 9 but I don't want to stretch the soil that much at least not on the first try. I have seen hempy SOGs using 2 liter soda bottles packed together as close as possible and they looked great :thumb: Since the single square pot is deeper and takes up less floor space it will allow me to keep them all under the light better. If they were normally grown plants I would agree completely, I don't like them being all crowded either. Of course I could be totally wrong and this could bomb epically but I have been wanting to try a SOG in a big pot for a while and this is my test grow to try it. As long as these clones take we will be finding out one way or another :high-five:

Watcha all think of my hanger idea? A couple pics...just made this thing. Gonna try it tonight. Just used a few of the original wire s that come with all these leds. Don't use em cuz needed to get the lights UP farther than the wires would allow. Seemed to me they would be perfect for this purpose. Cheers eh!
wire_support_002.jpg
wire_support_003.jpg

When you tie off do you do a slip knot around the stem? Also, do you weight the string with something like washers to keep tension constant but not too stressful? I guess I could just wait for you to show us. :battingeyelashes:

I wanna see these juicy colas you're banging out there Duggan.

On a provocative note, BAR has an entwined double planting in a 2 liter that suggests the plants benefit from a shared pot. So Smokey's idea actually has merit. The roots and the associated biota apparently work quite efficiently in a shared pot, at times more efficiently.

Smokey, IMO if you have the same volume soil but deeper pots the deeper ones will perform better. It's an observation gained after reviewing an incredible number of grow journals. Worth considering. Rascio has been commensurating about the values of tiering to gain more depth, and that sounds like a decent idea. Ziggy played with that in his tent on a smaller scale than Rascio's thinking of.

I've been sitting at this table along the river for over two hours now. Six pages of notes and countless time running through the threads. Such an addiction, this obsessive hobby we share. LOL! Maybe it's time to get home, eh? :laughtwo:

Duggan, have fun with the girls. :love:

Evenin Gang...got some pics here of that hanger thingy i made earlier today. Thru in a few pics of the girls too. You guys must be gettin tired of lookin at em by now....didn't want to bother turning off the leds tonight for the pics.sorry about the pinkness. Hey Smokey ...ya about the multilple plants in one pot idea....it will work great if you do what you said and encourage one single cola per plant. Otherwise like Major said...it'l just be too crowded and prolly around mid bloom i would say the soil mass would be strained to support all the growth . It would work great however if single cola plants were flowered soon after up potting to the 25. Check out my hanger thingy gang....it works real peachy and i highly recomend this method when extra support is needed late in bloom due to increased resin production and bulking up. Have an awesome night everyone.
Oh , almost forgot, there are a few pics that show that "Squeezing" method i use that's like supercropping but is only done to thicken and strengthen the main stalk up a bit early on. look at the bulbous area on it and the vigourous growth that took place right below it as compared to the growth above that area! Cheers eh.:circle-of-love: Guess i should upload the pics eh! DUHHH

The bulbous growth at the top of that affected area, was that directly above where you squeezed? Then all the bulking up below was as a result of that squeeze? Do you squeeze just that area or at other points?

How many times did you squeeze this particular plant?

This intrigues me Duggan, so I'm going to keep asking questions until I can see it clearly in my mind, ok?

The bulbous growth at the top of that affected area, was that directly above where you squeezed? Then all the bulking up below was as a result of that squeeze? Do you squeeze just that area or at other points?

How many times did you squeeze this particular plant?

This intrigues me Duggan, so I'm going to keep asking questions until I can see it clearly in my mind, ok?

That bulbous area is exactly where i squeezed it...once is all , just like i described earlier. All that vigourous knarly looking growth below that is the result of the plant repairing herself and making herself stronger , bigger, faster, Just like the six million dollar man Sue.:thumb: You can see the effect the method has right there...it's right there! See how strong she got?:tokin:

Great engineering duggs, and the plants look great.......hey how old r the zamal hash babies....from the day ya popped them? Thanks man, I got a zamadelica that is 15 days old today.

Edit: I should prolly update my journal......but ya know how boring veg is.....especially seedling....,have a good night bud...:passitleft:

Hey Nate ...Zamal Hash are two weeks now. Thanks too eh.

Great engineering duggs, and the plants look great.......hey how old r the zamal hash babies....from the day ya popped them? Thanks man, I got a zamadelica that is 15 days old today.

Edit: I should prolly update my journal......but ya know how boring veg is.....especially seedling....,have a good night bud...:passitleft:

You find seedlings boring? Gosh, I can't think of a single stage of the plant's development that I don't get excited about and start photo bombing. Hahaha! Yeah, my journal's have that passion splashed all over.

I can understand it though. Not everyone's as overboard as I tend to be. :battingeyelashes:

That bulbous area is exactly where i squeezed it...once is all , just like i described earlier. All that vigourous knarly looking growth below that is the result of the plant repairing herself and making herself stronger , bigger, faster, Just like the six million dollar man Sue.:thumb: You can see the effect the method has right there...it's right there! See how strong she got?:tokin:

Yes I can, and how impressed am I? That's some damned good advice Duggan. I need to smack you with rep points for the pictures. Who taught you this technique and how long have you practiced it?

Back
Top Bottom