Joe go back and look at a journal from a year ago. I go thru mine every once in a while just to see how far we've come not what I want to achieve yet. That's why we are here to keep learning (and the great friendships) and move on to bigger, better plants and techniques. Get that head held high brother cause this is a WIN

Wow loving the vibes in here...loving all the man love! Love on brothers!

Also Dabbs, you can call me G;) I love your video and enjoy hearing my friends voices! Soooo Wicked;) Love the Shaking tutorial and I never thought of that, so cool! Fortunately for me, I come at the girls pretty hot sometimes so I think I have this down! Lol

Hey there G! Can i call you that? Maybe just newty. Hey there newty! Loving your awesome videos you've been posting mind if I ask what editing software your use???
Haha, I use my apple phone, has an app called IMovie that’s built into the software! Amazing and I only know how to use 10% maybe lol

It's okay to be retrospective and find things to improve, but in no way shape or form should you feel mad about this grow! I mean sure I have a check.list to improve on this flower round, but as I've said before, "if you're harvesting quality buds that you grew yourself, you're a winner". No other way about it. Be critical, but not enough to take away form the fact that you grew some killer herbs! We should all be pushing to be better growers, but not unrealistically. Your a great grower and a great dude! Your enthusiasm and good will will take you far. Please don't ever see that as a weakness!!!

Seeing stuff like this is the reason I keep coming back! Very well said TMD!!

Is it starting to become clearer on how to hit NPK and get a handle on PPM Dabber? It’ll become old hat in no time. Ase does it all by feel at this point, but I come up with a formulation on my own and then I can mix it up quickly without any real thought.

This week for example I’m in week 5 flower. My target is 1-3-3 / 900 PPM. I’m mixing, in my 14L bucket:

18.5 ml CalMag at 1-0-0 = 18.5-0-0
15 ml Flora Micro at 5-0-1 = 75-0-15
5 ml Flora Gro at 2-1-6 = 10-5-30
5 ml Flora Bloom at 0-5-4 = 0-25-20
32.5 ml KoolBloom at 0-10-10 = 0-325-325
1.85 ml Floralicious Plus at 2-0.8-0.02 = 4-2-0

Add all those up, and you get 105.5 / 356 / 390, which is about 1-3.5-3.8 and 900 PPM on the nose.

I follow Ase but he encourages using his feeding as a guideline, and I’ve been burned by shorting my PK boost in the past, so I don’t mind wandering up a little higher on the PK. I tweak Ase’s schedule here and there based on what I see and my own experience.

How did I arrive at this formulation? Well, I know my water + CalMag got me above 200. I knew the KoolBloom would add about 10 PPM per ml based on what’s on the bottle. So I knew I had 500+ PPM accounted for from my water, CalMag and KoolBloom. I took a guess at Micro, Gro, and Bloom values that would fit the PPM target and meet the NPK ratio target. When I added the KoolBloom the first time, I did it 5ml at a time and measured PPM to see how it was. I knew if I shorted the KoolBloom I’d still end up with the ratio in the right ballpark. I intended to put up to 35ml of KoolBloom in but saw at 30 that my PPM was close, so I cut it short, added my Floralicious Plus and got it right on.

There’s an element of trial and error, but if you get a handle on what each component tends to add to the mix, you can make educated guesses.

I take note of what I put in and what the resulting PPM is and adjust until I get it perfect. So I kept a record this grow of what I put in every week, and for my next grow, I can simply look at my chart to get the formulations perfect every time.

Hope that makes sense!

Is it starting to become clearer on how to hit NPK and get a handle on PPM Dabber? It’ll become old hat in no time. Ase does it all by feel at this point, but I come up with a formulation on my own and then I can mix it up quickly without any real thought.
This week for example I’m in week 5 flower. My target is 1-3-3 / 900 PPM. I’m mixing, in my 14L bucket:
18.5 ml CalMag at 1-0-0 = 18.5-0-0
15 ml Flora Micro at 5-0-1 = 75-0-15
5 ml Flora Gro at 2-1-6 = 10-5-30
5 ml Flora Bloom at 0-5-4 = 0-25-20
32.5 ml KoolBloom at 0-10-10 = 0-325-325
1.85 ml Floralicious Plus at 2-0.8-0.02 = 4-2-0
Add all those up, and you get 105.5 / 356 / 390, which is about 1-3.5-3.8 and 900 PPM on the nose.
I follow Ase but he encourages using his feeding as a guideline, and I’ve been burned by shorting my PK boost in the past, so I don’t mind wandering up a little higher on the PK. I tweak Ase’s schedule here and there based on what I see and my own experience.
How did I arrive at this formulation? Well, I know my water + CalMag got me above 200. I knew the KoolBloom would add about 10 PPM per ml based on what’s on the bottle. So I knew I had 500+ PPM accounted for from my water, CalMag and KoolBloom. I took a guess at Micro, Gro, and Bloom values that would fit the PPM target and meet the NPK ratio target. When I added the KoolBloom the first time, I did it 5ml at a time and measured PPM to see how it was. I knew if I shorted the KoolBloom I’d still end up with the ratio in the right ballpark. I intended to put up to 35ml of KoolBloom in but saw at 30 that my PPM was close, so I cut it short, added my Floralicious Plus and got it right on.
There’s an element of trial and error, but if you get a handle on what each component tends to add to the mix, you can make educated guesses.
I take note of what I put in and what the resulting PPM is and adjust until I get it perfect. So I kept a record this grow of what I put in every week, and for my next grow, I can simply look at my chart to get the formulations perfect every time.
Hope that makes sense!
And this again is why we need the :thanks: button back, though it probably would be insufficient here ;).

Hi TMD, your video looked great, really welcoming to hear your voice. Your ladies have your trademark grow style for sure. :love:

Hey there G2H!

Thanks for stopping by my slice of paradise :cool:.

I'm one of those people who hates the sound of my own voice, but it's the easiest way for me to convey my message on a video. Editing on text is just not an option I have the patience for.

Thanks for the kind words concerning the plants. They seem to be doing okay. I'm hoping by adopting Asesino feed schedule and some advice from @DobeWan I can take this flower to the next level!

Wow loving the vibes in here...loving all the man love! Love on brothers!

Also Dabbs, you can call me G;) I love your video and enjoy hearing my friends voices! Soooo Wicked;) Love the Shaking tutorial and I never thought of that, so cool! Fortunately for me, I come at the girls pretty hot sometimes so I think I have this down! Lol

Haha, I use my apple phone, has an app called IMovie that’s built into the software! Amazing and I only know how to use 10% maybe lol
Nice! I'm going to have to look into that. Thanks newty.

Shake away. Shake n bake! Just not once trics start popping up, or you may shake some right off.

Seeing stuff like this is the reason I keep coming back! Very well said TMD!!

Thanks RR!

Like I always say, we joke a lot, but there won't be any put downs or negativity tolerated. Were here to spread good info, snoke good trees, and help anyone and everyone become the beat grower possible. It sickens me how people put down new growers on other forums and platforms.

Thanks RR!

Like I always say, we joke a lot, but there won't be any put downs or negativity tolerated. Were here to spread good info, snoke good trees, and help anyone and everyone become the beat grower possible. It sickens me how people put down new growers on other forums and platforms.

That is the primary reason I do not have an account anywhere else. If I'm going to be berated, I'll just not participate.

Thanks for being a part of the place I participate. :thanks:

And for allowing bromance on your thread..... :laugh:

Hey there brotatos and my sister's from different misters!!!

Just got back from town. Miss J (arctics wife) came over and watched the sick kiddo while I ran around some errands.

We got the tax return back last night, so I splurged and just grabbed some liquid kool bloom. It's 0.10.10. Just what I was looking for. Or course they had the advanced products on display up front... but I couldn't justify the 40 or 50 bucks a jug for something I can get off Amazon for 25. Not to mention their organic and coco versions were seriously lacking in the P department.

But the dudes are chill and we talked shop for a min and exchanged info.

It was a total trip for me to walk in there again. The first time I was a TOTAL noob. This time I felt like I was speaking a totally new language and may have even had the dude confused...he did say that the connisour line was legit, and that he and his partner are getting deficiency w ith the sensi line. Surprise right?

I swung by homie depot also. Priced some aluminum for the light build. Hopefully I can find the right time to ask the wife about ordering the driver. Kinda want to get it done by this weekend. End of the week would be better!

I'm off to mix nutes and I'll grab some pics

@DobeWan do you switch from 1.1.1 at pistils or just after a week?

Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday!

@TheMadDabber I went to 2-2-3, 600 PPM on day 8. I disregarded the state of the pistils. Mine showed within the next couple of days. I had preflowers all around by that point.

I added KoolBloom to the mix on day 15. At that point things were really starting to set into place and I was actively defoliating.

I took a lot of photos on those days if you want to poke around my journal at any point to see how I did it. I've linked the points I mentioned below.

8F
15F

Thanks dobe! Just whipped up a batch. I got approx. 30 30 40. Or 3.3.4. The ppms, sorry TDS (500 scale) are pretty low, but I have some tip burn and curl so I'm okay with laying them straighten out until this weekend. I think I'll stay where I'm at, and then this weekend next week I can work on a week 2 combo. But I'm pretty happy with where we are at! Thanks again @DobeWan for the help!

Day 6 of 12 12 lighting

Time for a little update....

So things are looking, okay. I'm happy with the way they are stretching and progressing right on target. We have the beginning of some pre flowers forming on IVY.

I planted some beets also. They have emerged.

Here's the ATF finally blossoming. I have a feeling well see some sacks on this one soon!

Mama G

And it appears we have some technical difficulties as usual with the new format. I managed to upload a black square? So no baby G.

The site keeps taking me to the top of the page... what a pain I really wish there was a floating text box like in the old app.

Anyways next and last I guess is the Jack Herer auto....

And that's about it. I'm working on the CS tutorial so its coming soon....

Hope everyone's having a good week.

Back
Top Bottom