Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Putting cover crops on fields is one of the methods used to pull nutrients up that are too deep for your normal plant's roots to reach. You then chop up the cover crop and let it compost those nutrients back into the soil.

We're already amending the soil with exactly what it needs in the Kit. Adding anything else is just going to start throwing that balance off.

And for those that have hit 3rd+ run soil that doesn't seem to want to work right, you've already experienced what happens when your soil balance gets out of whack.

Putting cover crops on fields is one of the methods used to pull nutrients up that are too deep for your normal plant's roots to reach. You then chop up the cover crop and let it compost those nutrients back into the soil.

We're already amending the soil with exactly what it needs in the Kit. Adding anything else is just going to start throwing that balance off.

And for those that have hit 3rd+ run soil that doesn't seem to want to work right, you've already experienced what happens when your soil balance gets out of whack.
That’s exactly right. Doc has made a system for Cal to build
Your plant. Don’t F up all the magic.

Hey Blazin...yup i use 10 to 15 mls. /gal. Every time i Drench ,regardless of exactly wat Drench.Do them all the same at that strength. Cheers.

I thought that was it but i started second guessing myself lol. It was cause i started lookn at the bottles an was like its so small so maybe i am remembering wrong haha. So i shuda done jus went ahead with it but didnt want to risk maybe losing or messing up my plants now they doing so gud lol. I shuda done the cat drenchs a few days ago but ive been waiting for them to kinda eat up what was in the totes since they were pretty moist still.

It most definitely DOES change things. I have no idea exactly what the changes might be, or what they mean, or how to adapt....but adding a cover crop will change things.

I like the idea of cover crops in the off season, as part of a soil remediation program based on lab tests.

I do not subscribe to the idea that adding more plants to a small container is beneficial. To a 30 acre field? Sure! Plus, you're gonna get a cover crop of weeds at least. But a 10 gallon container? It doesn't make much sense to me.

There's a lot of organic gardening folklore that doesn't exactly carry over to High Brix gardening.
Well shit I need to pull these from the pots when I see em sprout then... can’t have my soil getting out of wack

I thought that was it but i started second guessing myself lol. It was cause i started lookn at the bottles an was like its so small so maybe i am remembering wrong haha. So i shuda done jus went ahead with it but didnt want to risk maybe losing or messing up my plants now they doing so gud lol. I shuda done the cat drenchs a few days ago but ive been waiting for them to kinda eat up what was in the totes since they were pretty moist still.
No worriez Blazin....its totally fine to give the two cats late.
There is no exact time to do them. I always try and give them just as the buds are in that exploding zone. Works out that is later than most , but ive found that the best for me.cheers.

There is no exact time to do them. I always try and give them just as the buds are in that exploding zone. Works out that is later than most , but ive found that the best for me.cheers.

Ok well thats kinda good then cause my White Alien's are about at that spot. I hope the Ice Cream is as well altho she hasnt gotten very big an the gsc idk it jus seems like its kinda wispy buds or sumthn but maybe they will bulk up as time goes on lol. But yea either way its ok cause i got abunch of veg girls ready to take her spot any day now lol. Just waiting for my new quantum board light to show up then will flip two of the girls. It will help clear up alil veg room for one and plus if the gsc an Ice Cream dnt yield a super good amount will help to cover the loss with 2 more plants in flower. But over all the girls are looking great thanx to every1 here helpn me out.

Woke up this morning and went in to check on the girls, as I do every morning. Noticed that my 23 day old DDA is showing sex. Not a bad birthday present at all ;)
Her pot is already getting fairly light after a 1.5 gal watering last week so will be doing another 1.5gal probably tomorrow that watering will get a dose of Growth Ionic with tea. I will also likely give her first Foliar spray this week as well.

20190818_110935.jpg

When would I be wanting to do the Cationic drench?
Thanks guys

Woke up this morning and went in to check on the girls, as I do every morning. Noticed that my 23 day old DDA is showing sex. Not a bad birthday present at all ;)
Her pot is already getting fairly light after a 1.5 gal watering last week so will be doing another 1.5gal probably tomorrow that watering will get a dose of Growth Ionic with tea. I will also likely give her first Foliar spray this week as well.

20190818_110935.jpg

Thanks guys
I wouldn’t be in a hurry to do the Cat Drench on the DDA. They can go as long as 100 days. Show us what she’s lookin like after the next Transplant Drench.

Hi - i’ll Quote Stoney to answer this, from a post he made to me about growing DDA in the kit;

Recharge them early, and Cat Drench them late :).

Mine are currently at day 40 and I just did a recharge a few days ago. I’m expecting them to go till about 80days (give or take). Haven’t decided when I’ll do the Cats. When they look ready for it i guess ;)
:Namaste:

Funny, I just read about clover instead of grass for lawns and I'm seriously considering it. Microclover does not flower like regular. Bolded #8 since I have 2 dogs.

1. It is drought-resistant
Because of clover's deep roots, it needs much less water than does grass. As the Farmer's Almanac notes, "Clover is an extremely drought-resistant plant and will keep its cool-green color even during the hottest and driest parts of summer."
2. It is inexpensive
Clover seed is cheap; the average cost is about $4.00 per 4000 square feet. You will also spend a lot less on water, products, and maintenance. And for those who have been fighting clover all along: Stop fighting, let it grow, and it's yours for free.
3. It requires no fertilization
Clover is a legume, and as such, takes nitrogen from the air and sinks it into the ground as a useful fertilizer. If you are adding clover to a lawn, it will work to fertilize the existing lawn; on its own, it requites no additional fertilizer.
4. It blooms!
Who would want a monochromatic carpet of grass when you could have one sprinkled with a starscape of flowers?
5. It attracts pollinating insects
Those blooms bring bees, and heaven knows the bees need our help. Honeybees love clover (does "clover blossom honey" ring a bell?); planting clover is a nice assist.
6. But It can be bee-free too
That said, if you are worried about bee stings, there are options. Even though honeybees rarely sting when unprovoked and away from the hive, you can opt for a micro clover or simply mow the clover when it's in bloom.
7. It grows in poor soil
Poor soil is no problem for clover, much due to the fact that it supplies its own nutrients with that nifty nitrogen trick.
8. It resists pet urine
While grass lawns are susceptible to brown spots from pet urine, clover is not effected by it.

9. It resists blight and mildew
Mildew, fungus, blights ... these things hurt grass lawns. making them unsightly and in need of treatment. Clover is not subject to these troubles.
10. It doesn't need herbicides
Since clover out-competes broadleaf weeds, you won't need to douse the soil with toxic weed-killing things, hurray!
11. It doesn't need pesticides
Clover also stands up well to insect pests, so no need to to douse the soil with toxic insect-killing things as well, hurray!
12. It rarely has to be mowed
Depending on what kind of clover you plant and what look you like, clover can be mowed very infrequently – by some accounts, as little as twice a season. I mean, maybe you like spending your weekends pushing a loud, exhaust-sputtering machine around, but if not, clover has your back. (And your feet too, see photo below.)

I literally have been doing the same research. Only downside to clover you will have to re-seed after a few years but I'm seriously considering it!

I literally have been doing the same research. Only downside to clover you will have to re-seed after a few years but I'm seriously considering it!

Didn't know about reseeding and seems odd considering how prolific it is supposed to be. If after a few years I don't like it, I can plant grass instead but the seed is cheap and goes a long way. 1/4 lb per 1000 sq ft! I got White Dutch clover but was considering microclover which you can keep pretty short but costs more.

:passitleft:

Didn't know about reseeding and seems odd considering how prolific it is supposed to be. If after a few years I don't like it, I can plant grass instead but the seed is cheap and goes a long way. 1/4 lb per 1000 sq ft! I got White Dutch clover but was considering microclover which you can keep pretty short but costs more.

:passitleft:

I have a large area under my Junipers that always sprouts up clover, Every year.
did not think it needed to be re-seeded ?

I have a large area under my Junipers that always sprouts up clover, Every year.
did not think it needed to be re-seeded ?
If it's happy in the area, it will reseed itself.

My oregano reseeds every year, as it can be indigenous to my climate, but the basil I planted didn't because it won't grow naturally in my climate. It gets to cold for it.

Clover should reseed itself outside just fine, as long as nothing else overtakes and chokes it out.

Hey guys hows the brix crew doin today i hope everyone is doin good. I have a question about the recharge bags that come with the normal size kits how much does each bag weigh out to? Cause i mixed some of them 2gether in the beginning to help save space. But now cant remember which one it was lol. An both bags look roughly the same so was wondering how much a normal 1 weighed if any could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Hey guys hows the brix crew doin today i hope everyone is doin good. I have a question about the recharge bags that come with the normal size kits how much does each bag weigh out to? Cause i mixed some of them 2gether in the beginning to help save space. But now cant remember which one it was lol. An both bags look roughly the same so was wondering how much a normal 1 weighed if any could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Blazin!

They usually weigh a pound each....but can weigh more depending on moisture content.

Hey Blazin!

They usually weigh a pound each....but can weigh more depending on moisture content.

Ok so i shud be gud since i got 3 kits am only used a half worth out of it i wud b gud to split it 2 one pounds piles an the left over would be my other half right? Roughly lol.

Ok so i figured id show off my White Alien's i got in flower right now. I jus gave them there first cats the otherday on Saturday the 17th. Here they are as of right this second lol. I had to sneek in quick while the lights were off even tho thats a big no no but i tried to make it quick. i literally had the door open about 40 seconds to a minute. So thats why the pics quality arent tht good an look kinda rushed well thats cause they were lol. But yea here they are starting to stack up really nicely and make some decent frost. Im very excited to see these girls finish.

Ok so i figured id show off my White Alien's i got in flower right now. I jus gave them there first cats the otherday on Saturday the 17th. Here they are as of right this second lol. I had to sneek in quick while the lights were off even tho thats a big no no but i tried to make it quick. i literally had the door open about 40 seconds to a minute. So thats why the pics quality arent tht good an look kinda rushed well thats cause they were lol. But yea here they are starting to stack up really nicely and make some decent frost. Im very excited to see these girls finish.

I love weed that looks like that......those leaves! The frost.......nice!

I love weed that looks like that......those leaves! The frost.......nice!
You’ve shown too many of us where to buy fake plants, it’s getting out of hand!
:rofl: :passitleft:

mornin'... :ciao: do you do your cats back to back?...my brix girlz got their first on Monday, just shy of 5 weeks...they should be due for something tomorrow...knowing that these A5's have the potential to go another 8 weeks, I'm inclined to space the cats out a bit, with a trans/growth in between...your's or anyone's thoughts on this...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom