Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yes. But that process signals reproductive growth. Organic nitrogen stimulates reproduction while nitrate stimulates growth.

That's the practical knowledge a gardener needs.
I am enjoying the prospect of nitrogen as a bloom stimulator. It makes sense to me in the realm of a living soil. I have been doing hydro essentially with the soilless mix and of course nitrogen there has been the enemy for me in late flower. But it makes sense when I think of it that the bacteria will spend their time making these conversions in the soil and that their growth and proliferation lets them signal the plant that it can afford to make bigger blooms. Seeing the plants that have been big feeders for me, I will give them that bloodmeal in their upcan to flower for the DBHBB soil. Looking at your pics is all the convincing I need to try it.

I'm on my first high brix run, I had a question about applying recharge. Directions on packaging says apply to soil surface 2 weeks after transplant to final containers (I'm currently in week 6 of veg, transplanted to 7 gallons last week) Docs latest instruction say not to use until the third week of the bloom cycle. Can someone clarify?

how much longer you vegging before you flip? how long you thinking to bloom? :)
I dont think a week or so will matter. it may help actually to do next week if your strains are fast bloomers.
You can post pics on my threads. Im sure you can post here too but its Doc's Fortress of Solitude.
Hows all the Solitude youre getting, Doc? :)

how much longer you vegging before you flip? how long you thinking to bloom? :)
I dont think a week or so will matter. it may help actually to do next week if your strains are fast bloomers.
You can post pics on my threads. Im sure you can post here too but its Doc's Fortress of Solitude.
Hows all the Solitude youre getting, Doc? :)

Ill be in veg for another 2-3 weeks I'm guessing. Each strain will be flowering for 7-8 weeks. Latest pics can be found in my signature.

I'm on my first high brix run, I had a question about applying recharge. Directions on packaging says apply to soil surface 2 weeks after transplant to final containers (I'm currently in week 6 of veg, transplanted to 7 gallons last week) Docs latest instruction say not to use until the third week of the bloom cycle. Can someone clarify?

Either one will work. 2 or 3 weeks into the bloom cycle...potato potahto. :Namaste:

How do they look?

Hey doc what do ya think of this blood meal, can get it locally.........Organically done feather meal 14-0-0.........copied from their page........

Unlike other manufacturers, Organically Done uses only products conforming to USDA National Organic Program (NOP) standards for organic agriculture usage. Its use is safe for the environment and living organisms. Contains high levels of nitrogen.

Derived from: hydrolyzed poultry feathers

Shelf Life: nutrient benefits never expire

Storage: store in cool, dry location out of direct sunlight

I guess question is......does it have to be bone meal?

Edit: blood meal, thanks ziggs.....

Hey doc what do ya think of this blood meal, can get it locally.........Organically done feather meal 14-0-0.........copied from their page........

Unlike other manufacturers, Organically Done uses only products conforming to USDA National Organic Program (NOP) standards for organic agriculture usage. Its use is safe for the environment and living organisms. Contains high levels of nitrogen.

bone meal = calcium and 'P'. Not much 'N' typically.
Feather meal is almost all 'N'. It is like blood meal but breaks down more slowly and is usually slightly lower in 'N' - but not much.

Seeds-
-How accurate is the sexing of seeds? I havent seen anyones results that tried it. :)

This guy and method hit it at 100% but I guess he could have been lucky.
I was going to try it but it was to hard for me to get up close shots, like that.
Others say its the environment over the first 3 days of life. I have seen no definitive proof either way in my garden. I always get about 60%-40% Female to Male ratio.

Seeds-
-Sink or Swim? when soaking, some seeds sink and some swim or float.. is there really a difference in germination rates?
-How accurate is the sexing of seeds? I havent seen anyones results that tried it. :)

I germinated 8 seeds. Some floated / some didn't. All germinated the same.
I used the seed sexing technique but won't know the results for another week, or so.
Since this is such a tiny sampling, it won't be much help, but...
Hopefully more growers will add to the data with their sexing results.

I germinated 8 seeds. Some floated / some didn't. All germinated the same.
I used the seed sexing technique but won't know the results for another week, or so.
Since this is such a tiny sampling, it won't be much help, but...
Hopefully more growers will add to the data with their sexing results.
Ive used this sexing technique before, it's actually pretty remarkable. Not fool proof by any means but, when space is an issue, anything can help..
Out of 10 reg beans I popped 8 needed up female

Sent from my SM-T230NU using 420

Edit: blood meal, thanks ziggs.....

Blood meal. Not feather meal.

Back
Top Bottom