Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, are you only using led right now? I think I saw that you use hps also. I'm guessing it is mostly the kit and the strain that makes the plants so frosty but I was starting to wonder if it has something to do with the led lights since that's what a lot of people here are using. Do you see a difference in how frosty they get when using led or hps?

Quick questions....

My now soil planted clones are 24 hours into it, look good, new growth appears to be continuing. The ones in your kit in the attached photo are on the right, front tray... I swear I have a Jedi coming up soon in there also....anyway

My question is when I should give them anything? Water/feed?

Right now they are in the soil they brewed/cooked in, with the water which i brewed, it appears to be moist, but they've had water mist from the top/nothing else.

I have a humidity dome over them when I'm not taking pictures,, RH in that tent itself is 60+

I am also wondering if I should trim the oldest set of leaves,, ones that I should have trimmed when I cloned them.. here is a recent pic.. thank you!

20150601_205642.jpg

Doc, are you only using led right now? I think I saw that you use hps also. I'm guessing it is mostly the kit and the strain that makes the plants so frosty but I was starting to wonder if it has something to do with the led lights since that's what a lot of people here are using. Do you see a difference in how frosty they get when using led or hps?

The pics you saw were of plants under both LED and HPS. Soon, I'll be all LED, at least until I try the double enders.

Doc's plants have always been the frostiest. Its the High Brix Blend.

Experience, environment, soil, "feeding program", and genetics all play a part. Lights are part of the environment.

Doc has these all dialed in and seems to only run the keeper genetics.

Some of the plants you saw were the very first time I've grown them. Such as these:

Picture_015170.jpg
Picture_014191.jpg
Picture_013193.jpg
Picture_011219.jpg
Picture_007265.jpg
Picture_004317.jpg
Picture_003328.jpg
Picture_002320.jpg

I haven't grown a plant that wasn't quite resinous in a few years. It's the environment mostly, then the soil.

Doc, always the modest one :thumb:

I think the soil deserves a bit more credit for contributing to the perfect env. Half the plant lives down there and its the half that matters and does the work after all :)

Thanks again Doc I couldn't be happier with any of my plants. everything is super easy mode these days :high-five:

In my humble opinion the biggest trichomes production you'll see on the plants which are genetically fit to produce them. It's 80% genetics, 10% soil and 10% light roughly. You'll grow 10 plants next to each other with the same conditions and then you'll see what I'm talking about. But then frostiness is not that much correlated with potency :hookah:

In my humble opinion the biggest trichomes production you'll see on the plants which are genetically fit to produce them. It's 80% genetics, 10% soil and 10% light roughly. You'll grow 10 plants next to each other with the same conditions and then you'll see what I'm talking about. But then frostiness is not that much correlated with potency :hookah:

Great post! I just learned that today from members on this site. I am growing an ACE Tikal right next to a Tangerine Dream, they are the same age and have had the same feedings, same conditions and the Tangerine at day 29 is coated in resin and the Tikal has no visible resin. Both are pictures of health so I was wondering why. I learn so much here I just wish they would quit booting helpful growers because of misguided passion.
:peacetwo:

Thanks for all the good info doc bud looking forward to pm'ing you to order a kit after i get the required posts.

I bet if you ask here, Doc will PM you with his email for ordering.
Actually, I bet he already has.

Great post! I just learned that today from members on this site. I am growing an ACE Tikal right next to a Tangerine Dream, they are the same age and have had the same feedings, same conditions and the Tangerine at day 29 is coated in resin and the Tikal has no visible resin. Both are pictures of health so I was wondering why. I learn so much here I just wish they would quit booting helpful growers because of misguided passion.
:peacetwo:

Hey Neiko...ya with the resin thing. Conradino was just talkin about that very Q. I believe he is correct in saying that it's mainly genetics and is strain related . It's cool to see side by side like that eh. Watch out for the Tikal ....youl'e prolly wind up liking it more....:thumb:

Doc, my sativas were dragging lately so I tried an experiment..
I gave all of my plants, the ACE plants, the 2 SWICKs with plants in them, not the seedlings, an OG Drench with some GE and Tea, and some extra Epsoms..

the ACE sativa's pistils got all perky- almost like CAT would do, the SWICK 1 plants got very stinky, the Blue OG s in SWICK 2 are like radar dishes toward the light, the other plants in the SWICK have perked up too.

is this normally seen?

hey doc, any news on that newer "one man show" formulation of transplant? Also, I just rechecked the earthworm castings I used, and the percentages are different from wiggle worm. my castings read 0.86-0.37-0.25.

Could my castings be causing my plants to not develop that "high brix sheen"?

The white widows I harvested were incredible, but I want them to look like your girls in flower.

I tried to counteract the slow browning/tacoing of leafs in the last half of flower by increasing the available soil to 25 gallons. The plants are WAY happier, but just toady I noticed slight tacoing on my oldest flowering plant near the top.

Just trying to improve!

Back
Top Bottom