Dyold's Grow 1

I think your original time of 12/12 is right on. Imo glr while it will help plants go to flower faster but it won't shorten the flowering time. i don't run glr so can't be sure. Your flowers are beautiful but they need to bulk up some. Some of them look a little heavy on nitrogen not bad but it can delay the bulking.

Man what a pain in the ass that guy was for calling the fuzz on you.

Great grow going so far my man and can't wait to see this one finish out hard.

edit:
Nevermind on the bulking it was just the atf that looked lean I think. Some nice looking bugs in there
reps dude.

I think your original time of 12/12 is right on. Imo glr while it will help plants go to flower faster but it won't shorten the flowering time. i don't run glr so can't be sure. Your flowers are beautiful but they need to bulk up some. Some of them look a little heavy on nitrogen not bad but it can delay the bulking.

Man what a pain in the ass that guy was for calling the fuzz on you.

Great grow going so far my man and can't wait to see this one finish out hard.

edit:
Nevermind on the bulking it was just the atf that looked lean I think. Some nice looking bugs in there
reps dude.

How goes it Shottafire :rocker: I concur with your observation about the heavy nitrogen, I did ramp up the Fox Farms Cha Ching back to back a couple waterings with the max recommended. I watered last with just Blackstrap and will do the same today as i believe they will need water today with the rooms RH hanging at about 37%. I knocked off 15 minutes of light this week and will start to take it down in increments as the last weeks wrap up, hopefully this will help in the bulking up.

:rollit: :rollit: :rollit: SMOKE TEST :rollit: :rollit: :rollit: - Early and Still STONEY :allgood:

20131122_105158.jpg

20131122_105142.jpg

Rolled a J this morning for a Wake-n-Bake, no pain 2 hours later :allgood: :rollit:

I am speechless. I haven't been here in a few days. What a difference a few days makes! I can say this....DYOLD YOU ROCK!! I 'spect you will be entering a nug of the month contest soon. I'm going to take another look. So inspiring. :bravo:

Thank you Canna and good to see you dropping in I always enjoy your posts. :circle-of-love: Couple pictures of the ladies at day 41, I had to add some support so they can lean against the bamboo and not the top of the containers.

20131123_134238.jpg
20131123_134835.jpg
20131123_134155.jpg
20131123_134231.jpg

If you recall I had a ATF clone that almost died when I began.

20130915_083858.jpg

I nursed it back to life and it actually started to flower for almost 3 weeks before I decided to put it back into the veg room.

20130924_0955481.jpg

Here she is about 90% thru the transformation from vegetative growing female to flowering female and once again a vegetative growing female.

20131123_115931.jpg

Thank you everyone for the compliments and remember have fun and enjoy today. :Namaste: :rollit::lot-o-toke:

You da man Dyold!!

Awesome as usual my friend real nice and loving the flowered re vegged girl, really nice crazy growth. If I had my passport I'd come be a self employed bamboo pole replacement device in your neck of the woods lol.

Your better off where you are at least your close to places that have a common sense approach to Ganja.

You da man Dyold!!

Thank you BAR appreciate the sentiment. :headbanger:

11/30 - 48 Days in Flower since 12/12 Flip and currently at 11.5/12.5 working my way down to 9.5 by end of week 9 which is 15 days from today. Watering with Black strap Molasses.

20131130_105411.jpg

20131130_105425.jpg

20131130_105543.jpg

20131130_105545.jpg

20131130_105547.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate and remember have fun and enjoy today. :rollit:

I am in.
I am doing the 24/24 during veg. Does this mean I should gradually move to the 12/12?

You could try the Gas Lantern Routine aka GLR light cycle. 12/5.5/1/5.5 before you flip to 12/12 which is what I did, however I am not a professional grower by any measure this is my first grow so I made a plan and pretty much stuck with it. 24 on is just 24. In my opinion growers should let the plants sleep for at least 4 hours (dark no light) as it has been shown to improve the root systems which in theory translates into a larger yield so while 24 on works 20/4 or 18/6 works better for the plants.

Wow looking sweet. All Id say is check the yellow girls early on trich colour, as in my experiance they will be a tiny bit ahead. Best of awesome buds to you buddy.
Oh and about your statement above. Im in UK so still not that great on the law front.lol

Is it a far ride to marijuana friendly country by train ? Yeah we here in the colonies are still strapped by the damn puritans also. Think they would get tired of waiting for the guy to show up.

I am in.
I am doing the 24/24 during veg. Does this mean I should gradually move to the 12/12?

I recommend you start with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness for vegetative growth. I read a thread where lighting schedule verses root length and plant grown under 16/8 produced the longest roots,18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a test where plants grew the most with at least 5.5 hours of darkness. when you switch to flowering you can just change to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness without gradually lowering the hours of light.

The photo is stunning, really glistening!

20131122_105142.jpg

Rolled a J this morning for a Wake-n-Bake, no pain 2 hours later :allgood: :rollit:

Sorry to hijack your journal but 1 quick comment to PinkyGreen;

I have followed KJC advice about 5.5hrs darkness and the plants love it, no scientific pros or cons but it ‘appears’ to be effective!

You'll save some pennies on the electric bill too

:thumb:

Thanks so much Dyold, ajagunle and KJC! I will start the 18/6 today. Is it easier on the girls if I ease them into it, or will it make no difference?

Dyold, can you explain this?
12/5.5/1/5.5 I understand the 12/5, but then I get lost. Sorry.

Also, thank you to all of you who have put up with me while I've been learning how to use the board, and post in the correct areas. I think I've got it now. I will try not to post in the wrong forums.

:smokin:time for my morning meds....... cheers

Your doing this on purpose Pinky, you know some of us can barely read a newspaper without our reading glasses. What have I ever done to you? LOL

Here is what ended up happening when I started to plan my grow. I read this article How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know then somehow I managed to find this article https://www.------------.com/how-to-scrog-marijuana which of course I had to read https://------------.com/lbh-scrog-tutorial followed by https://------------.com/lbh-4-way-lst-tutorial#clones and needless to say I was determined to grow some medicine.

I naturally returned to 420 MAGAZINE ® because this is by far one of the most reliable depositories of legitimate grower posted and tested information on Marijuana cultivation that I can locate that is freely given and for that I give a big :thanks:

I transplanted only once from solo cups to 5 gallon containers. Light schedule for weeks 1-3 was 20 on 4 off (20/4). I then switched the girls to 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off (12/5.5/1/5.5) or Gas Lantern Routine aka GLR light cycle for weeks 4 and 5. This built up the flowering hormones and started the girls down the path to Heaven.

I then just removed the 1 hour of light from the schedule starting week 6 or there abouts. I applied FIMing and Topping combined with Low Stress Training aka LST to some while I just FIMed and LST others from week 1 thru week 6 which I still have yet to post to my Journal. I used Sunshine #4 mix with Fox Farms Big Grow, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Cha Ching. Finally I am "flushing" with Humboldt County ES Sweetener during these last weeks.

I used two 6 gallon Carboy's for Co2 production using 3 packets of Champagne yeast introduced to 5 gallons of water with 10 lbs of sugar for a solid 7-10 days of Co2. I connected these to my fans via airlock and hose. Anyway PinkyGreen its pretty simple, keep an eye out for bugs and powdery mildew and make sure you use reliable timers for lights and fans keep the girls green until you want them to finish and you should be fine.

Use the search function on this site and other sites as well. I spent much more time doing research reading this and that, filtering out the BS from the facts and went from there, than I ever spent in my grow room caring for the plants. And without a doubt there are the many people that joined the journal that have given me sound advice which I also say :thanks:

I feel I arrived pretty close to my target without all the strings and things.

20131130_105543.jpg

Good luck and enjoy. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom