Escape Velocities: Syenite's Stealth Miniatures

Wonderful variety reviews Sy! I almost feel like I was smoking them myself. :)

And I like how you personalized it to your specific plants as opposed to "this is what Glue/Bubba will do for you."

Looking forward to the training update. :reading420magazine:

Thank you Shed! I can't in any conscience pretend the one card I drew can speak for the whole deck, ya know?? :Namaste:

I like your write ups. Interesting to learn more about the experience of these two.
I do like the sound of friendly and kind.
But I also like

your evocative writing :reading420magazine:
If I was your stash I’d be like “yeah, I know I’m rich and deep and stuff, but you know what? It’s nice to be appreciated “.
;)

Cheers DD! There's always much to be grateful for. The painful memories of trying to suss pick-ups with shitty plugs are still fresh and keep me humble. Lol!

To the Glue's credit, it has continued to improve with more cure time. It will never be at the level of my Bubba but I've now come to love it a lot, too.

I love a good story!

I'm glad you sorted out the light issues with the box two. I'm sure they'll take off now. And that C91 looks like a million bucks already! :thumb:

Looking forward to the June update... :reading420magazine:

Haha, it's funny, I've had to learn that the rules for lighting are different in these small boxes. None of the lux/PPFD guidelines that I've come across online have been of much use, and prescribe way more than my plants have ever been able to handle. It's been a good lesson in trusting what I can see happening with my own eyes!

Hey Sy, I'm glad you're past the early teething issues and now your grow is underway. There's nothing like experience, and it is good with your custom grow box lighting setup that you're learning where the 'sweet spot' is for your plants. I look forward to watching their progress! :hookah:

Good to see your gardens, Sy. Skipping the boring baby photos has saved us all the chore of being polite about their crooked teeth and crazy hair. Thanks for that. Straight to the fun bit - training :meditate: We’ll look forward seeing what sculptures emerge.
Thank you! for the cuttings :high-five: my friend. They ain’t dead yet.
Glad that you pointed out the taco-ing in response to the light. Our Panama is doing that. It may be time to pop her under a different light.
:green_heart:

Hey Sy, I'm glad you're past the early teething issues and now your grow is underway. There's nothing like experience, and it is good with your custom grow box lighting setup that you're learning where the 'sweet spot' is for your plants. I look forward to watching their progress! :hookah:

Cheers Stunger! Yes, I've been happy about how I've dealt with each obstacle, and how much my limited experience is already helping!

Good to see your gardens, Sy. Skipping the boring baby photos has saved us all the chore of being polite about their crooked teeth and crazy hair. Thanks for that. Straight to the fun bit - training :meditate: We’ll look forward seeing what sculptures emerge.
Thank you! for the cuttings :high-five: my friend. They ain’t dead yet.
Glad that you pointed out the taco-ing in response to the light. Our Panama is doing that. It may be time to pop her under a different light.
:green_heart:

Thanks DD!! Yes turning down the lights stopped the yellowing and tacoing after a couple of days. Hope the princess Panama is happier now!

Chur bro :D

Looks like you’re off to a great start!

Chuuuurrrr mate! :high-five: :thanks:

Base building time!

Things are progressing nicely. All the plants seem happy! The tacoing and yellowing on the Starkiller and Sour Bubba have completely gone. Turning the lights down a bit was all it took, and I saw the change in the plants occur within a couple of days.

IMG_1535.jpeg

Starkiller OG

This one is the fastest grower, but it's also quite viney - skinnier and bendier than any plant I've grown thus far! This is certainly consistent with most OG morphologies. This will not be the best looking plant, but that's not what you grow an OG for...

It has a single node as its base, which I'm progressively tying down as it develops.

I'm planning for 10 or 12 secondary nodes off this base - a good number of tops! They will certainly not be as even as my other plants, but I'm curious to see how this approach turns out. Involving only one topping and a bit of tying down, it's spiritually adjacent to a quadline.

IMG_1536.jpg

Sour Bubba

This one is a squat little thing, with sturdy branches and very tight internode spacing, in contrast to the SKOG. The training approach, however, is identical! One primary node as base.

IMG_1537.jpg

Chem 91

This one is definitely the most vigorous of the three overall, and has been picture-perfect since germination. I recently topped her, but unlike the other two, will have two primary nodes as her base. I'll be working hard to keep the canopy even with this one. I am a little concerned about how big her leaves are, and how crowded the cabinet might get.

Her scaffold is coming very soon!

IMG_1538.jpg

This is definitely one of the most fun stages of the journey, for me!

And here are a few pics of the boxes...

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1539 sanitised.jpg

:cheer::ganjamon::thanks:

Turning the lights down a bit was all it took, and I saw the change in the plants occur within a couple of days.
That must have been anxiety relieving. Indoor growing is way over my head.
It has a single node as its base, which I'm progressively tying down as it develops.

I'm planning for 10 or 12 secondary nodes off this base - a good number of tops! They will certainly not be as even as my other plants, but I'm curious to see how this approach turns out. Involving only one topping and a bit of tying down, it's spiritually adjacent to a quadline.
It looks like you are doing something like Fluxing which training out a single node. This was something popularised by a past poster, Light Addict, one of his close to harvest creations is here.
I am a little concerned about how big her leaves are, and how crowded the cabinet might get.
I have no idea how you do it, three's a right crowd on my balcony!

Yeah just been reading it. Looks cool. Too bad I've already commited to quadlining the GSC, but it will be pretty extensively trained so may end up with a similar outcome.
I did Fluxing 2 years ago but I decided it didn't work so well when growing outdoors because of the necessary training required to set up the base, so last year I changed to quad lining to get more lateral base growth before the sunlight hours triggered flowering. @Light Addict was very patient and would take as long as he needed to veg his plants out in a Fluxing style before he flipped to flowering.

Looking good Sy. Am I right in thinking the Starkiller and Sour Bubba are essentially being manifold trained?

Thanks for stopping by Vet! I only intend to top once at this point, whereas my understanding of manifolding is that there are multiple toppings. I might go down that path if I find I have ample space for more tops than I initially planned.

It looks like you are doing something like Fluxing which training out a single node. This was something popularised by a past poster, Light Addict, one of his close to harvest creations is here.

Yes indeed! Very cool. I wasn't following any particular technique prescribed anywhere, just recombining the basic concepts I already had: topping, pruning, and some LST. I'm not trying to get as many tops as one does with fluxing, but it's a small leap to get there if I find I have more space.

The main reason why I'm going down this path is due to the shape of the box - two "elongated" plants are a more optimum fit than two "squared" plants (i.e. if I had quadlined instead).

That must have been anxiety relieving. Indoor growing is way over my head.

Haha this isn't the first time this has happened! It took me a couple of runs to learn not to be greedy with the lights.

I have no idea how you do it, three's a right crowd on my balcony!

IKR. Think credit goes to the plants, mostly. I swear they "know" the space they're in, somehow...

Yes Sy, I didn't mean that, I would never have thought you were following anyone's approach but your own! :)
I get you with the ideals of plant shape when dealing with space restrictions, there is not much you can do except try to make the most of it.

The main reason why I'm going down this path is due to the shape of the box - two "elongated" plants are a more optimum fit than two "squared" plants (i.e. if I had quadlined instead).
Definitely use the space well and make life a little easier at the same time. Looking good mate.

Back
Top Bottom