Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Dry weight time!!!!!!!!!

Alriiiightt fam, it's finally time. Both lots were in the 60-70 RH region last night so I said what the hell and put 'em back together.

I apologise for the un-sexy photos. It was again a nervy time for me in the evening and I was rushing about!

IMG_0554.jpeg

53g, but probably a bit less because I left some of the branches in there!

I'm stoked y'all. Call it 50g or even 45g, I'm still really pleased!!

The lights had a max capacity of 45W. They were running at 70% during flower and less than that during veg.

We can call that 34W.

45 / 34 = 1.32g / W

I am not gonna complain about that. WOOHOOO!!

The drying box design was a success. The smell was effectively contained and my GF did not notice the fridge smelling different at all.

IMG_0559.jpeg

And here they are ready for the cure.

IMG_0557.jpg

Thank you again, everyone! What a blast. Onwards!!

:green_heart::yummy::high-five::surf::Namaste:

Nice harvest, sy:welldone:
Great "per watt" yield, too!

A most excellent result sy! :welldone:

I apologise for the un-sexy photos.
No apologies needed...I dig the glaze on that bowl!
The drying box design was a success. The smell was effectively contained and my GF did not notice the fridge smelling different at all.
Nicely done. If you wanted to you could do a build-your-own pictorial on it and give it its own thread here. Like Derby did with his auto-watering setup or my Cloninator bucket.

Congratulations mate. Great feeling to get that first harvest dried and curing. :goodjob:

It's special for sure! :Namaste: Thank you!

Nice harvest, sy:welldone:
Great "per watt" yield, too!

Thank you Carcass for being my cardboard inspiration! :Namaste:

Well done Sy! What a great and inventive start for you. Nice that you can now enjoy the fruit of your labours. You’ll no doubt be blowing us away with your new grow. Great stuff! :hookah:

Thanks for all the kind words, Stunger! I appreciate it.

So looking forward to your new journal! :green_heart:

A most excellent result sy! :welldone:

No apologies needed...I dig the glaze on that bowl!

Nicely done. If you wanted to you could do a build-your-own pictorial on it and give it its own thread here. Like Derby did with his auto-watering setup or my Cloninator bucket.

Thank you Shed! I love that bowl. It's my primary pasta/noodle/ramen bowl.

And that's a lovely thought to start a thread/tutorial. In my mind it's just passed "alpha" stage and is into "beta" next, where I will have some smellier flower to test it with. I will write something in the low&slow thread until then!

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

Congratulations on your 1½+oz! I’ve had smaller yields off bigger lights, for sure.
Buds look nice and fluffy. That’s the bud wash/fridge dry combo. Do you find Desert’s texture much different to anything you’ve bought?
She was from a bagseed, yes? My bet is Desert was so well grown, and now dried and curing that you won’t recognise the baggie she came from.
Beautifully done.

Congratulations on your 1½+oz! I’ve had smaller yields off bigger lights, for sure.
Buds look nice and fluffy. That’s the bud wash/fridge dry combo. Do you find Desert’s texture much different to anything you’ve bought?
She was from a bagseed, yes? My bet is Desert was so well grown, and now dried and curing that you won’t recognise the baggie she came from.
Beautifully done.

Kiaora e hoa! :Namaste:

Yes, bagseed, and you're right - the flowers are absolutely incomparable with the bag I got. That bag was literally some of the worst stuff I'd ever seen/smoked.

As far as the flower goes, relative to other decent flower I've gotten, it certainly looks a lot more vibrant and "alive". I have held off molesting the flowers the last few days, so I will revisit this topic again soon, after curing is done.

I think it will take me a couple more harvests to really know how good a job I've done with the drying, especially considering how "quiet" this particular flower is in terms of smell, and how unique its flower morphology is.

Am I right in thinking that this kind of flower structure is commonly attributed to "sativas"? I.e. quite fluffy, without super swollen calyxes like in most hybrids/indicas?

I'm glad to say that the bigger buds are actually pretty dense!

:high-five: :green_heart:

Ok everyone, for the sake of completion, this is my sign-off post! No obligation to respond to this one, folks.

Final dry-cure-smoke report for Desert

Desert's flower has now been curing for just over 2 weeks. RH is good, grassiness is totally gone from burps as well as from flower. I've been vaping and smoking it for the last few days and the effects, taste and smell seem to be stable!

While the tropical/mango note is still there, when ground, the flower primarily throws up pepper and incense. The tropical note is there on the edges. It has none of the dank, earthy, body-odour smell that I often associate with flower. It's seemingly quite far from kushy or hashy!

When vaped, the flavour reminds me of a light mango dessert. Maybe with some cream! In the earlier stages I would've said watermelon too, but I imagine that was due to the grassiness in tandem. I can only discern these flavours when vaping. They are not strong enough to come through in a joint.

The fact that it's a good all-day smoke hasn't changed. A vape or joint will get me nicely lifted, with a gentle head buzz. After an hour or so it then leaves me feeling relatively un-stupored. As mentioned, it's gentle, in the sense that it's a nice, dreamy, mildly euphoric kind of buzz. It has cheered me on a couple of occasions! And despite it being heady rather than bodily, I have not felt any anxiety or paranoia.

Overall, I really like it, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out! I'm extra pleased that it doesn't seem to be a common kush-style "indica", of which I have plenty lined up!

Its genetic origins will forever remain a mystery!

See you all in the new garden!

:high-five: :yummy: :cheer: :green_heart:

what is larf?
Larf is the fluffy buds that grow well below the canopy and rarely put on any weight. Some folks leave it on and use it for making edibles and the like, but on a good sized plant it rarely seems worth trimming (since there's so much of it if left alone).

I take off all the larf on my plants during post-stretch trimming since I don't make edibles and hate to trim any more than I have to!

You should try making edibles. I enjoy them more than smoking.

I've made gummies, butter and cannabis-infused mead. A friend is working with another friend on food recipes that are mj-infused. They're looking to start a mj-infused food delivery business (and, later, a restaurant).

You should try making edibles. I enjoy them more than smoking.

I've made gummies, butter and cannabis-infused mead. A friend is working with another friend on food recipes that are mj-infused. They're looking to start a mj-infused food delivery business (and, later, a restaurant).
I make cana oil then make brownies cakes cookies salad dressing and such so much uses for cana oil lol

Back
Top Bottom