Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm beginning week 10 since the flip and they are not going to be done anytime soon. I'm using 12/12 - not 11/13 or 10.5/13.5, but still...

I'd love to do this just to get them finished before the crappy weather. How do you go about it? By the time the photoperiod is the same as it is in mid-May, it would be August 1st and the plants would be 6-8 feet tall, or more.

It has taken me nearly 1/2 hour to reply to these messages. I may have to wait until the forum is back to full muster.

Thanks guys!

Relaxed Lester Freeman has been force flowering some of his outdoor crops for a couple of seasons now - check him out. :cheesygrinsmiley: He pulls them into the garage? every evening and pulls 'em back out in the morning - big pain. :laugh:

Damn! I'm trying to reply with quotes but I'm getting nada. :loopy:
I need to grab my pipe. "I'll be backkkk." (in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger)

No good reason - just a quick pic' of the summer girls getting used to a suntan. All but two are repeat performers.
Zamaldelica(+), Golden Tiger(+), Liberty Haze, Grape Ape x Sensi Star. Pitbull and Ace of Spades in back.

Summer_Girls.jpg

Have a great hump day!

Ah, you made a trip to the local nursery! lmao. Those bigger plants are way more expensive.

Seriously though, those are proper shrubs man.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing! They look like hibiscus bushes. :laugh:

And they'll veg until ... June? :thedoubletake:

[Edit] ... Pitbull could be POTY ... that was a purdy one ... :hmmmm:

Thanks much guys!

The two in back are cuttings from last year's summer grow. They are 1 year old but still in 1 gallon pots. I've taken lots of cuttings from them so they have more tops than I can count. They have become a bit of a pain at this point. To keep them happy I have to water and feed them daily.

The GT(+) between and below them is only a few months old and is catching up quick. Like last year, I move them in and out each day. None of them fit my tiny veg space any longer but the light during the evening keeps them in veg mode. Lots of burnt leaves from hitting the lights. I can't wait to throw them into more soil and watch them go turbo ... I hope.

Lookin great Major! And a good hump day to you too Sir. :high-five:
:thanks:

Ah, you made a trip to the local nursery! lmao. Those bigger plants are way more expensive.

Seriously though, those are proper shrubs man.
Thanks Gov! It's been fun (until recently), trying to keep them going in their original pots.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing! They look like hibiscus bushes. :laugh:

And they'll veg until ... June? :thedoubletake:

[Edit] ... Pitbull could be POTY ... that was a purdy one ... :hmmmm:
Actually, they veg until about the beginning of July. At least last year, the first pistils were in mid-July, IIRC.
I was never able to get a really good picture of the entire Pitbull (required for PotM) once in full bloom because of the other plants and the deer fence. Maybe this year!

They Grow Sequoias at Majors'!!!! :high-five:
Size matters (don't let them lie to you). :rofl:

For mid March the outdoor lineup is a heck of flying start for outdoor season. Guess you have no size/height limitations? Those should go easily to both 10-15' high & wide. Nice work Major.
:Namaste:
No size limitations here, but our laws are stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to live in a legal state, but since it became legal, the laws have become a moving target. It is really messing with the big growers. Since I have a medical card and recreational is legal, I should be able to have 10 mature plants. However, the State Attorney General refused to comment when asked if medical and recreational quantities are additive. Chicken shit.

Since this will be the first run for a soil I'm building/testing, anything could happen. The plants might love it, or it may kill them all. I'll know soonly.
:Namaste:

Here's what I mean about the 1 gallon pots becoming a real pain now that the sun is increasing their metabolism. This plant was completely drenched late yesterday afternoon. By 2:00pm today (about 22 hours max) this is what it does.
Thirsty1.jpg

I've never seen a plant suck water so quick. They currently drink about 1/2 gallon per day. That would be fine except not in a 1 gal. pot. As I give them a drink, you can watch the branches stand up straight. From a full wilt to full pray-mode takes about 2 minutes. Quite the little pump system!

Hi Shiggity!

No worries. I wanted to try a Panama, but Pitbull is easy to grow with excellent yield. It is also one of my favorite smokes right now, except for one thing. It dries out my eyes and sinuses like no other. I almost feel an allergic reaction to it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hey Nate!

I do not soak these pots in bloom. When up-potted into them I do. Once the root ball is established and they are flowering, I try to let them dry out most of the way, but not like I do in veg. In bloom I only put a saucer under them and give each of them about 1.5 gallons every 4 days, or so.

Interesting about the 9 weeks. I'm at 60 days since pistils showed, so about 9 weeks already. These still have a long way to go I think. They're definitely not close to done right now. I hope it becomes a fav' of mine, too! I'm not sure what the deal is but I have not been able to clone one of them. I've had good luck with most of my other plants, but I've tried at least 8 cuttings of GT(+) and not a one did anything.

Man Major, now those are some good looking sativas! That GASS is really pretty, I cant get over the color. You should enter it in the nug contest for sure!
My zamaldelica was done in 10 weeks too. Now not knowing who the daddy was on yours it's tough to tell how long they will go. Zamaldelica has Thai in it, if you get that pheno, you are looking at the long end of the zamaldelica time frames 13+ weeks, the good news is is that could be the scary pheno of zamaldelica. That pheno is highly sought after because of its reputation for being the perfect trip weed. That pheno is highly psychedelic. Very exciting stuff you got going!:goodjob:

Thanks much guys!

The two in back are cuttings from last year's summer grow. They are 1 year old but still in 1 gallon pots. I've taken lots of cuttings from them so they have more tops than I can count. They have become a bit of a pain at this point. To keep them happy I have to water and feed them daily.

The GT(+) between and below them is only a few months old and is catching up quick. Like last year, I move them in and out each day. None of them fit my tiny veg space any longer but the light during the evening keeps them in veg mode. Lots of burnt leaves from hitting the lights. I can't wait to throw them into more soil and watch them go turbo ... I hope.

Theyre gonna blow the f up in flower! Monsters in order?! :)

Those monsters in one gallon pots, are impressive major.....I have a hard time keeping them looking green for a couple of months in one gallon pots........:high-five:

:thanks:
My nicknames should be Edd and Flo. :rofl:
I feel like I'm part of an ebb and flow table some days.

Not much going on in my current grow. I was fed up with feeding my Pitbull every day, so I finally transplanted her. Just for grins, I snapped a couple of pictures. This is what a year old root ball in a 1 gallon pot looks like.

Rootbound11.jpg
Rootbound21.jpg

This will also be the first real test of the soil mix I put together. It will take a while to see how she reacts to the new stuff. I hope she likes it. If not, I'm in deep snow.

Not much going on in my current grow. I was fed up with feeding my Pitbull every day, so I finally transplanted her. Just for grins, I snapped a couple of pictures. This is what a year old root ball in a 1 gallon pot looks like.

Rootbound11.jpg
Rootbound21.jpg

This will also be the first real test of the soil mix I put together. It will take a while to see how she reacts to the new stuff. I hope she likes it. If not, I'm in deep snow.
Major...no worries my brotha, you sir , are are a skilled grower....just look at that root ball in that small pot, that took alot of skill to keep it , not only alive , but healthy ta boot! Fantastic job Major....now you'le get to see her really go !! Yeepa!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom