Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

Dunno.
I have some, but I read GT doesn't like a lot of 'N'. Blood meal is all about the 'N'.

Sorry..I was wondering about your outdoor grow..
the GT may be too far along for you to add any...I added some to different plants at different stages.. my plants stayed greener until harvest on all of them except one, but that was me :)

Sorry..I was wondering about your outdoor grow..
the GT may be too far along for you to add any...I added some to different plants at different stages.. my plants stayed greener until harvest on all of them except one, but that was me :)

Ahhh! In that case, YES!
My outdoor mix has blood meal in it. It will not be in kit soil, however. The mix also has bone meal and feather meal.

Major, evenin pal. Have you used bone meal and blood meal in an outdoor grow before? Although i have little experience growing outside....i know that animals will dig them up looking for food cuz of it. I lost an entire grow one time to critters just digging them up! Dogs, skunks,posoms, lots of other critters, they all love bone and blood meal, so do the bugs! Do you have , or will have a perimeter fence of sorts? Does the deer netting you said you had , work for ground critters? Anyhow bud, have an awesome night . Cheers.:high-five:

Major, just read the whole journal.. Whew. Nice job recovering them PITA girls! And absolutely stellar outdoor garden my friend! Bring on the summer! :thumb: :tommy:

:welcome: SL! We had beautiful days so far this week but that is about to change. I'm in a holding pattern waiting for longer, warmer days. I did just transplant all the tykes into 1 gallon pots. Still waiting for them to show their sex.
Your name reminds me, I need to sharpen a couple of chains. I'll be on firewood detail between now and the summer grow. :high-five:

Major, evenin pal. Have you used bone meal and blood meal in an outdoor grow before? Although i have little experience growing outside....i know that animals will dig them up looking for food cuz of it. I lost an entire grow one time to critters just digging them up! Dogs, skunks,posoms, lots of other critters, they all love bone and blood meal, so do the bugs! Do you have , or will have a perimeter fence of sorts? Does the deer netting you said you had , work for ground critters? Anyhow bud, have an awesome night . Cheers.:high-five:

Hi duggan! :ciao:
Yeah. The non-HB soil I used last summer had blood, bone, and feather meals in it. The deer netting seems to do the trick. However, last year's garden had concrete block around the perimeter to help keep critters from digging under it. This year it is just the deer net acting as a fence. I think it will do the job. I hope... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll be chopping the Apes tomorrow. They need a rescue drench, if I was to let them go longer, but both appear to be ready. One might be slightly early and the other is a little late. It will be fun to compare them.

Mornin Major, how goes all?

Good - thanks!
I didn't do an update this weekend. The battery in my phone is bad enough, I pulled it, and left it out. A new battery arrived yesterday.
GT #1 got its 2nd Cat drench yesterday. The other got a GE drench. It is continuing to fill out.
I chopped both GASS. I don't have final weights yet. I'm still trimming. I only expect about 2 oz. per plant from them. Yesterday I tried a small popcorn bud after a quick dry. It tastes great with a potent high: not real speedy but not sleepy either. Just right for me. The sweet grape flavor is there with a hint of skunk in the background.
The bad news - one of them hermied although I still cannot see where. I'm finding seeds. Not a lot, but 5 so far just with the wash and rough trim. The one that hermied hasn't had a final trim so I'll know more once that is done. My big fear is it managed to pollinate either of the Tigers. No evidence of it so far, but I don't know why it wouldn't have spread.
Good news/bad news for the outdoor grow. One of the Zamaldelica(+) plants showed its sex early and is female. The other Z(+) and both Panama(+) are looking like males to me. Nothing certain yet. :(
Pic's and final weights soon.

Balls to the wall Major...rats ass eh! Will ya have to start any more to meet your outdoor needs or will you have enough for it....maybe throw a 100% Indica into the mix.....what ya think pal? Cheers.

If need be, I can plant a second Liberty Haze. I have a clone of the one I'm growing. I also have a Pitbull I've kept for the last year. Other than that, I'll see what's available locally. Cheers! :high-five:

Weekend Update (beginning week #16)
67 days since flip to 12/12

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Both Grape Ape x Sensi Star girls met their demise last week. Yield was small as expected. Still, they managed to average exactly 2 oz. each. So another 4 zips are dry and curing.

Judgement day
GASS1-62.jpg

A half sheet pan for scale while the Apes wait for their bath
GASS1-14.jpg

Washed and dried
GASS1-24.jpg
B188.jpg
B534.jpg

My favorite curing jars (half full). A 1 gallon jar holds about 8 oz.
GASS_Jarred.jpg

I never found the nanners so I wasn't expecting these. Only about a dozen total - all from one plant.
GASS_Seeds.jpg

Sort of bummed to find the beans. I want to grow this strain outdoors but the last thing I need is to grow something that will pollinate my crop, and all my neighbors'.

The Tigers keep on keeping on. GT(+) #1 is still being a brat. She is doing OK but I can't seem to keep her happy. She got her second Cat drench several days ago and it immediately started turning all her fans yellow. She just dried out enough for me to give her a drench. I gave her Transplant and Tea with a teaspoon of Epsom. Too soon to tell if it helps any. Other than that, she is doing OK.
GT1-23.jpg
GT1-43.jpg
GT1-34.jpg

GT(+) #2 is my favorite plant in this round. She took the Cat drenches in stride and is just now beginning to show some yellowing of her fans (not nearly as bad as #1). I hope she finishes strong because she is smelling great and keeps on adding bulk.
GT2-32.jpg
GT2-23.jpg
GT2-9.jpg
GT2-41.jpg

Speaking of the outdoor grow, I didn't have much luck this week. I culled another male. That leaves me with 2 Zamaldelica(+) females, but with no Panama. I have one P(+) left that hasn't sexed yet, but I'm thinking it will be a male too. I probably won't grow two Z(+) because I'm skeptical they will finish with our fall weather. I have another Liberty Haze I can grow, a Pitbull (very quick Indica), and 9# Hammer (also quick).

That's it for today. Get out there and make something sticky! :thanks:

GT2 is awesome. A long sativa but every inch is flowering. That's impressive!

Sorry about the outdoor issues. Seems like you have a good plan for replacements though the Indicas may not produce the quantity you were expecting.

Hi Shiggity!

No worries. I wanted to try a Panama, but Pitbull is easy to grow with excellent yield. It is also one of my favorite smokes right now, except for one thing. It dries out my eyes and sinuses like no other. I almost feel an allergic reaction to it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hey major the GASS looks very tasty......I noticed holes in the GT pots.....do you soak your bloom plants like vegging ones? And I know your zamadelica is a + but the femmed versions grown from ace only took an average of 9weeks flowering.....from a handful of us here......and it is my favorite strain I've grown........:passitleft:

Hey Nate!

I do not soak these pots in bloom. When up-potted into them I do. Once the root ball is established and they are flowering, I try to let them dry out most of the way, but not like I do in veg. In bloom I only put a saucer under them and give each of them about 1.5 gallons every 4 days, or so.

Interesting about the 9 weeks. I'm at 60 days since pistils showed, so about 9 weeks already. These still have a long way to go I think. They're definitely not close to done right now. I hope it becomes a fav' of mine, too! I'm not sure what the deal is but I have not been able to clone one of them. I've had good luck with most of my other plants, but I've tried at least 8 cuttings of GT(+) and not a one did anything.

Sorry major I was speaking of your outdoor zamadelica+........

Doh! Of course. What was I thinking? (GT+)
I show the Z(+) to be about the same length as the Tiger, but good to hear you've gotten finished earlier.

One thing (I think) I learned last summer is, outdoors seems to take a little longer than inside. There is no "flip". It takes more than one month to decrease the photoperiod by just 1/2 hour. The plants go into bloom more slowly than those I've grown inside. Last year the first evidence of pistils was mid-July. Indoors I would have budletts one to two weeks later. Outside it was more than a full month to get to the same amount of flowering. After that, buds still grew more slowly than inside.

Doh! Of course. What was I thinking? (GT+)
I show the Z(+) to be about the same length as the Tiger, but good to hear you've gotten finished earlier.

One thing I (think) I learned last summer is, outdoors seems to take a little longer than inside. There is no "flip". It takes more than one month to decrease the photoperiod by just 1/2 hour. The plants go into bloom more slowly than those I've grown inside. Last year the first evidence of pistils was mid-July. Indoors I would have budletts one to two weeks later. Outside it was more than a full month to get to the same amount of flowering. After that, buds still grew more slowly than inside.

This is exactly why I think you should force flower even on outside crops. By mid-July the UV index is starting to decrease drastically. If you want more potent buds, force flower by the middle of May to the beginning of June. This way you'll be taking full advantage of growing outdoors, and you'll see bigger more potent buds as well.

Edit: I know its not the easiest thing to do. Forcing flower outdoors lol

Major, Those are White Tigers!! :) Great job!!! :high-five:
(+)reps

I estimate my GT(+)s and Zamaldelica(+)s grows finished like Nate's did. They total 11-13 weeks from seed. The Panama(+)s seem to be my fastest own strain to date. Its one reason I use them in my trials..they're my drosophila :)

I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm beginning week 10 since the flip and they are not going to be done anytime soon. I'm using 12/12 - not 11/13 or 10.5/13.5, but still...

This is exactly why I think you should force flower even on outside crops. By mid-July the UV index is starting to decrease drastically. If you want more potent buds, force flower by the middle of May to the beginning of June. This way you'll be taking full advantage of growing outdoors, and you'll see bigger more potent buds as well.

Edit: I know its not the easiest thing to do. Forcing flower outdoors lol

I'd love to do this just to get them finished before the crappy weather. How do you go about it? By the time the photoperiod is the same as it is in mid-May, it would be August 1st and the plants would be 6-8 feet tall, or more.

It has taken me nearly 1/2 hour to reply to these messages. I may have to wait until the forum is back to full muster.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom