Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

Major...no worries my brotha, you sir , are are a skilled grower....just look at that root ball in that small pot, that took alot of skill to keep it , not only alive , but healthy ta boot! Fantastic job Major....now you'le get to see her really go !! Yeepa!:thumb:

the layers show soil conversion and absorption by the plant. :)

If you haven't voted yet, please head over to the 420 Lounge and make you vice heard.
Every member in the MotM topic deserves a win, but I'm giving a big shout out for Dr. Ziggy this month. He is always there offering help, information and good cheer.
As they say in Chicago, "Vote early. Vote often."

Happy Easter Major!, May all the bunnies have their fill of easter candy and stay away from your outdoor ladies!

Thank you, Sir! Right back at you - even if your bunnies are dust bunnies.

Weekend Update (beginning week #18)
81 days since flip to 12/12

Happy (Easter) Sunday gang! :ciao:

Let's see. Not a lot to report on this current grow. I dunno if these Tigers are ever going to finish. I need the space for my summer girls, but it looks like another two weeks, minimum to me. I reduced the light to 11/13 several days ago, not only for the Tigers, but also to try and get the final Panama(+) to show sex. All the others showed their naughty bits much sooner. This Panama(+) is the "tricot". It still puts out nodes with three sets of leaves and branches, but will not show me if it is a boy or girl.

Potential problems with my plans for the summer lineup: Not only is the Panama acting up, but both Zamaldelicas that showed sex and were put back into veg, are not going anywhere very fast. I'm guessing, with the long-finishing strains, trying to reveg after flowering is not a great idea. I'm sure it will work, but I may run out of time before they decide to kick into gear. I do have a substitute GG#4 waiting in the wings if these don't cooperate, or turn out to be male in the case of the Panama. The Pitbull I finally up-canned last week, is very happy being able to stretch her legs. I am going to transplant more today and this week, but moving them around in the big pots is a bitch. I want to get them into the shower for about a month if I can get these Tigers to finish.

I stopped with Brix about a week ago. The Cat drench finally toasted the leaves on both Tigers. They've each had Trans-waters and GE. Next up is a Trans drench...I think.

Here are a few shots of the GT(+) girls yesterday.

GT111.jpg

GT241.jpg

GT211.jpg

GT261.jpg

GT271.jpg

These pic's suck, but I grabbed a few of the teens getting ready for their move into 7 gal pots. All but the Pitbull are still in 1 gal. They are getting rained on and the temperature is only in the upper 40's. They still love it compared to indoor lights. I know environment is critical, but sunlight makes up for a lot of other poor conditions.

I'll be spending my Easter Sunday trimming these girls up and moving them to their new homes.
PB26.jpg

LH13.jpg

GT9.jpg

GASS6.jpg

AS2.jpg

I still hope to add a Zamaldelica(+) and a Panama(+), but they will have to get with the program quick or get left behind.

Some good news on the medical laws here in Oregon. They changed the definition of a mature plant to one that is flowering. Previously, it was ANY plant more than 12" tall or 12" in diameter. That was total BS since most of us cull plenty of plants that size. Also, the legal limit went from 18 immature plants to unlimited. This makes much more sense so we can grow plenty of seedlings in order to get 6 quality mature plants. They are limiting each plant to no more than 12 pounds of finished produce (I should be so lucky). The stupid part is, recreational growing has completely different rules and definitions = confusion for everyone.

:Namaste:

Top of the day to ya Major. Nice update , thanks. Nice day to trim up your outdoor girls, and get some fresh air. That GT ya got there is gonna really be a giant...you know that , right?? Have ya gotten a bigger ladder yet....i'm thinken an eight footer would be good.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Just got done trimming up the four....what a back breaker for 4,1/2 hours. Two of us....gotta go get ready for din, din,....family affair. Cheers and have an awesome day Major.:volcano-smiley:

Major, glad to hear the news of the laws. Sounds like they listen to the experts! That Pitbull is something to see, a year in a 1 gallon? I can barely make it a month. Glad to see the family is looking nice and green, can't wait to see the outdoor girls grow.

I wanna see you hit the limit with one of those monster outdoor ones this summer.

Major, glad to hear the news of the laws. Sounds like they listen to the experts! That Pitbull is something to see, a year in a 1 gallon? I can barely make it a month. Glad to see the family is looking nice and green, can't wait to see the outdoor girls grow.

I wanna see you hit the limit with one of those monster outdoor ones this summer.

:thanks: both! Great to see you!

It looks like GG4 and/or Pitbull will be standing in for the Panama(+) plants I started. Of the three beans I planted, one didn't pop and both of the others were boys. The tricot, under 11/13, finally showed me his balls this morning. :( Oh well. Next time...

The Tigers both got a Trans/Tea drench this morning. One more watering and they will get another G.E. drench. Then we'll see where they're at.

Mornin Major....bummer about the Panama's brotha....did you use that video sexing method on those before ya planted them?? Ya got two out of three boys and one failed to sprout, correct? Just wonderin pal , since i got two out of two for that method with my MLI's. Cheers eh!

You got it. One dud and two dudes from the three I germinated. I did use the sexing technique but none of the beans were perfect examples. I picked those closest to a volcano. I started off with good results when sexing, but overall I think my luck is no better than random selection. Now that we can have unlimited seedlings, I'll just plant extra and cull as necessary.

Yep I've done it too but it doesn't work 100% more like 70-80%. I can see you keep running Pitbull and Ace of Spades from the last year. Yeah well it feels good to find the right genetics. GREEN easter everywhere everybody :passitleft:

Can't sayi believe in the sexing thing. I've culled only a handful of males from all the seeds ive ever planted and that's using Doc's technique of keeping them cool until theyre above ground and until they have actual leaves. I'm calling bs on the sexing seeds. :)

I dont think its accurate, the dimple is from where the seed was attached..similar to the dimple on a cantaloup or musk melon

Back
Top Bottom