Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Hey Ice!

2 things:

1.)Fan leaves yellow and die off at about week 4 on the strain of OG that I grow.
2.)try a foliar flush with epsom salts on that biatch. It will help "unlock" whatever's ailing her.

I suspect your teas ate up everything in the soil. If it was me, I'd flush, foliar flush, and then get some salt-based ferts in there to green up the plant while you rebuild the soil. OC+ to the rescue?

You've probably already worked a plan and are halfway through it....just thought I'd chime in with some good old un-solicited advice!

Hey Ice!

2 things:

1.)Fan leaves yellow and die off at about week 4 on the strain of OG that I grow.
2.)try a foliar flush with epsom salts on that biatch. It will help "unlock" whatever's ailing her.

I suspect your teas ate up everything in the soil. If it was me, I'd flush, foliar flush, and then get some salt-based ferts in there to green up the plant while you rebuild the soil. OC+ to the rescue?

You've probably already worked a plan and are halfway through it....just thought I'd chime in with some good old un-solicited advice!

Thanks for chiming in Doc! Yeah I figured I was kind of on the right path, it was either the PH crept up a little high, and that N and ZN are locked out, or it has used up all the soil nutrients... I hit em with a foliar of my botanicare (salt based) CAl/mag with N and iron to help get the nutrients right to the plant, and hit em with a pure 0ppm R/O water feeding to help leach any salts that may have rose the EC too high, now I am bubbling a 1/2 strength earthjuice tea to help replenish the soil. I appreciate you chiming in Doc!! helped me assure my approach was correct :) I also tried the foliar epsoms the first day that I noticed the leaf discoloration, so far they seem to be getting better :)

These OG's are hogs for nutrients...and very picky strains with soil conditions. Every grow, usually my OG's are the first to tell me something's wrong :)

Hey everyone, Day 24 of flowering today.

I gave the girls a feeding that was a very light mixture of organic nutrients, bvitamins and sugars at a lower than normal ph 5.4 to help reduce the soil ph, especially for the silverback og which seems to be having a little trouble (i believe due to either a phosphorus lockout due to the high calcium carbonate topdressing, or due to a high soil ph) Either way this feeding should help curve the soil ph back to where it should be.

I mixed
5 gallons of r/o water
40ml 1-1-1 bioroot general organics
30ml bioweed (cold pressed seaweed for b vitamins and trace elements)
25ml liquid carboload (sugars)
40ml Humic acid (chelation and soil CEC)
40ml 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
1 tbsp molasses
1/2 mosquito dunk

Hopefully in the next few days I will see the silverback og revert back to healthy state again.

Here are the photo's for flowering day 24

Full tent views
DSC051321.JPG

DSC051331.JPG

DSC051341.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC051351.JPG

Holy grail OG
DSC051361.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC05137.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC05138.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC05141.JPG

get'in frosty :bong:

Good stuff Icemud!!!

Thanks Shottafire!!

Looking pretty flipping good!! Love your setup. 4 thumbs up (your setup and young ladys got my toes curling up) lol. Nice job!

LOL...yeah I am salivating over them waiting for them to be finished, but still have a long wait ahead..

get'in frosty :bong:

Heck yea!! I can't believe how frosty the blackberry kush and sour bubble are..at only 4 weeks im amazed !

Looks amazing! All the brix info is very interesting, I'm going to stay tuned

Glad you liked the high brix info, DocBud also has a ton of info on High Brix growing in his journals...he is the godfather of high brix and cannabis...

Hey bro! Looking good!

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that OG. The leaves sure look perky and the buds are forming. Maybe the color is normal?

I just checked the soil ph of a few of my plants with my el cheepo soil probe and after the feeding... the silverback is at around 6.1ph, the blackberry is right at 6.5ph and the front platinum bubba is around 6.8ph so as far as that it may be normal since the soil ph seems to be ok... my next feeding will be just bubbled tea (forest humus, molasses and carboload to help keep the micropopulation up). I'm hopeful that I have corrected whatever was wrong, if there was something wrong...lol not too sure at this point because all the new growth looks really healthy...

Here is a photo of what the leaves look like that I pulled off the silverback og...definitely some interveinal chlorisis going on.

DSC051471.JPG

Looks a lot like it could be a N deficiency or possibly a sulfur, however the sulfur ones are in younger leaves, yellowing in older leaves is N...so I think it may be that..??

Nitrogen2.jpg

Iron-Sulfur3.jpg

Hey Ice, that is sure interesting about the PH differences.
I sure hope you figure it out. GL :thumb:
When was last time you remineralized her soil?

:peace:

Hey Ice, that is sure interesting about the PH differences.
I sure hope you figure it out. GL :thumb:
When was last time you remineralized her soil?

:peace:

Hey MSquared... I remineralized about a week to a week and a half ago... topdressed with the 6-5-3 along with myco maximum, greensand and lavasand.

I'm serious, I don't think you have a problem. Some fan leaves were cannibalized, that's all. My plants often do this on week 4 or 5.

You pH is fine!

I suspect the long veg time allowed the roots to grow like crazy and that pot is having a challenge keeping soil energy up. Either way, new growth is good, so things will be OK.

Thanks Doc! Yeah I have a feeling that when I pull the rootball's out at harvest it is going to be one solid root mass. I hope I corrected it as the ph is sitting perfect now, I added N with my 2-4-0 fish hydrolized last feeding so hopefully she has everything she needs to keep on growing. I think that I may have to go even bigger with the pots next grow, already using #4 smartpots which are about the size of 5 gallon plastics... i'm thinkin 7's might be even better next round :)

Today is day 25 flowering and so far so good :)

My silverback OG seems to be getting better, under natural light she is a lime green, very different from all the other plants but at least the yellowing has stopped as of now and the buds seem to have regained growth :)

Today I cut back the lights by 20 minutes in the mornings and by 10 minutes at night to help simulate the fall light changes. So right now I have the girls running on a 10.5 light, 13.5 dark schedule for the next 2-3 weeks and then I will reduce it another 1/2 to 10/14, and then finish off the last 2-3 weeks at around a 9/15 schedule (recommended to follow up the Gas Lamp Routine veg period for best success).

My sour bubble and blackberry kush are full of trichomes already, I mean covered, the water leaves and sugar leaves are covered as well as even the stems for the waterleaves.... amazing how frosty they are!!!

All of the others are looking really good as well with the buds getting bigger daily and filling out more and more.

I'm having the same problem with my plants leaves yellowing...I'm also doing hi-brix and I'm also using myco madness...I've fed my plants a crapload of nitrogen to offset the problem to no avail....I think the microbes are eating all the nitrogen??? So I've stopped the myco

Back
Top Bottom