InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm not sure if everyone realized back before the lockdown, but my hours here were basically 10am-6pm Pacific time Monday-Friday, because my job allowed me to be here when I was at work. At night I would watch TV some nights and catch up here if the day was busier than usual.

Since the lockdown, I've been working from home, and lately I've been doing my job as well as covering for two others who got furloughed, leaving me with no time at all to be here during the day. And I'm so worn out at night (I haven't worked this much in 20 years) that I can barely lift the remote much less engage in all the great banter here.

So please do forgive me my absence, obviously from my thread, which I sometimes neglected in the best of times, but from your threads as well. I would love to be here as I had been, but until my workload/location returns to normal, I can only get here sporadically.
:sorry:
I flower all my plants at 15-16 hours.
You flip your photoperiod plants to 16-8?
Popping in to see everyone is. Pity on the on dda though. That af 47 has an insane trunk!!
Hope all is well and everyone having a good day
Thanks DK! I hope all is well down in SA. :ciao:
Oof... OK all caught up since post 21,116. Time doesn't stand still here.
Phewf!
I bet we will get a Tuesday update today/tonight. :)
How about...............Wednesday?
Hey, Shed! Just checking in to see how you're doing- staying busy, apparently...
Don't forget to take some "you" time-
Too busy carcass. I miss the silhouettes :(.
Just doing a drive by, hope you’re well.
Thanks Penny. Trying to work with folks I rarely used to contact makes me remember why I rarely used to contact. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I get the impression that any “you” time Shed gets will be spent here, which would kinda make it “us” time ;) So yeah buddy, hope you get some “you” time real soon!
I'm trying Amy, really I am! I feel guilty every night I don't get here.
A few days late, but congratulations on your 3-year anniversary here, Shed!
I believe I've only been here a couple of months (???), but with the lockdown/pandemic etc. I feel like I've been here forever now
Thanks syenite! Sometimes the weeks fly by and sometimes they move really slowly. The three years have really gone by quickly though.
Stopping by to say high
:ciao: Fred
Hey man, what happened with the DDA’s??
Funny you should ask! The seed-to-peat is just now breaking through :). Update in a bit...

I know how you feel. I'm so busy I can hardly keep up with my own journal much less anyone else's.
Make sure you are getting enough rest dear. We will be here. :love: :love: :love:

Sourdough turn out well??

Major Wednesday night update, and I think it's time to show @Weedseedsexpress some love! I transplanted both their offerings yesterday on day 34, so let's put them on display in their new 7 gallon pots of ProMix HP.

First up is the Chocolope:

And here is Power Plant:

After I took the pics I thinned the lower nodes to push the growth up higher. I started these later than I normally would for a summer grow, and the days start getting shorter next Monday (I'll be keeping them under the light at night so they can veg a bit longer), so these won't be as big as I would like this time. Next time they hit the soil they'll get a much longer veg.

These are on 4g/gallon of MC v2 and once again, I got there late. One day I'll stop lagging on the early feedings!

Let's move on the rarely sighted Carnival, now on day 103 and seriously smelling like skunk. I'll be flipping this in a week, so it was time to do a bit of thinning. Here is the before/after:

Everyone has their own pre-flip technique, and this is mine. I take off all the lower half growth (leaves and branches that won't make the canopy), and once that's gone, I work in the top half. There I leave the fans but continue to take off anything that looks thin, short, and weak. My goal is #nolarf. I leave the fans because they will feed the plant as it gets later into flower, a tip I got from @Graytail. I take off the lower ones though for airflow and to try to prevent powdery mildew.

My reason for a pre-flip strip is to push new growth to the upper canopy, where I have been supercropping the leaders to create new tops. The post-stretch strip is strictly #nolarf so I take just branches that won't make the cut.

Moving along to the DDAs on day 8! They're getting 2g/gallon of MC in a 6" circle around the stem.

And finally, we have some movement on the third seed, which was dropped straight into peat with no soaking:

This took about 4 days or so, which I guess would be similar to going the other way with it. Tomorrow will be day 1 for this one, and it will get planted with its siblings.

I kept 6 cuttings from the Carnival for clones (3 in each cup):

Now that I have more plants in 7 gallon pots, it was time to fire up the light in the shed and move everything into the Oval of Brightness® at night. It's just at 180 watts as I don't need much in the way of DLI for them. Here they all are:

That's the Carnival in front, followed by the Weedseedsexpress plants, followed by the DDAs. The rest are the mothers of Golden Tiger, Fruit Punch, and Sour G, along with the four Candidas in solo cups. The Gibberellic acid arrived early, but they're not ready to get flowered yet. I'll transplant them into 1 gallon pots in a week or so.

And last for the evening is the Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp (flip day 28). Pre-flip it was 19" tall and now it's 25" after stretch, so that is a 32% stretch if my math serves me. I'll let @BeezLuiz double check that :).

That wraps it up for me! I hope your week is going well. Stay safe and healthy my friends. We need each and every one of you.
:peace:

------------------------------------------

I know how you feel. I'm so busy I can hardly keep up with my own journal much less anyone else's.
Make sure you are getting enough rest dear. We will be here. :love: :love: :love:
Sourdough turn out well??
Thank you VG! Bread was a hit at the socially distancing tea on Sunday :). We ate the bigger one on the right.

Since the lockdown ..... I've been doing my job as well as covering for two others who got furloughed, leaving me with no time at all to be here during the day. And I'm so worn out at night (I haven't worked this much in 20 years) that I can barely lift the remote much less engage in all the great banter here.

same boat. just not from home. been told i get no holidays this summer. working about 90 minutes unpaid everyday as well. would quit but feel grateful to even work.

same boat. just not from home. been told i get no holidays this summer. working about 90 minutes unpaid everyday as well. would quit but feel grateful to even work.
It's perfectly okay to be angry and grateful at the same time!
In tent, yup, have, from 24. Not going to try it from 19 that the tent is set on now.
Be careful working all those hours shed.
Thanks nobody. I'm trying not to get too stressed. Easier said than done of course. And I had no idea you were flowering at those hours!

Plants look great,, I like that little cloner....... i use to use two liter soda bottle cut in half. Girls look great my friend,,,,
002239.JPG

It's perfectly okay to be angry and grateful at the same time!

Thanks nobody. I'm trying not to get too stressed. Easier said than done of course. And I had no idea you were flowering at those hours!
Have not in awhile. Cause been running autos or photos outside. I started back with the Rasp D, one of the clones, flipped it from 24 to like 15.

But, it's a winter thing. Running those lights during the summer here is just tough with the heat. Kinda like you watering the yard.

(I haven't worked this much in 20 years)

You actually do work at your work? Me being a city employee have after 8 years forgotten what actual work work is. :laughtwo:

So please do forgive me my absence

You don't need to excuse yourself to us Shed, a life sign is all we need when the worst withdrawal from your updates sets it before next fix arrives. :)

How about...............Wednesday?

That wraps it up for me! I hope your week is going well. Stay safe and healthy my friends. We need each and every one of you.
:peace:

Wednesday work fine for me but my Asperger still wants it to be Tuesday... LoL

Everything looks perfect like always, but a quick question from my curious side and you probably already explained this but what are you injecting in that small DDA seedling, super growth formula?

Stay safe Shed and try delegate some of that work work load to some else in that company, I even got a book about how to not work at work you should read it really funny but its in Swedish though... LoL

:hippy:

You actually do work at your work?
I didn't used to! I used to win titles here. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wednesday work fine for me but my Asperger still wants it to be Tuesday...
Sorry, isn't there an asp for that?
what are you injecting in that small DDA seedling, super growth formula?
I have answered that before! It's a temperature probe from a multimeter.
try delegate some of that work work load to some else in that company
Unfortunately, all the delegation has landed on me. We furloughed two of the three people who might be able to do what needs to be done, so I'm doing all of it. Stuff I haven't had to do in close to 20 years. :rolleyes:

Still...it's nice to be employed!
even got a book about how to not work at work you should read it really funny but its in Swedish though.
I'll bet it's funnier in Swedish, with all your diacritical marks!

Major Wednesday night update, and I think it's time to show @Weedseedsexpress some love! I transplanted both their offerings yesterday on day 34, so let's put them on display in their new 7 gallon pots of ProMix HP.

They look gorgeous Shed! Really nice and healthy! Keep up the great job!

I have answered that before! It's a temperature probe from a multimeter.

Ah yeah remember now, sorry for repeating myself but seems like that stoner memory still make it's appearance sometimes. :)

Unfortunately, all the delegation has landed on me. We furloughed two of the three people who might be able to do what needs to be done, so I'm doing all of it. Stuff I haven't had to do in close to 20 years. :rolleyes:

Still...it's nice to be employed!

Well bad for you then, never fun to be that person that actually do all that stuff that no one else wants to do. But the worst thing is if there are other people that bitch about their workload and not even being close to yours OR if they claim credits for work done by you. That happened to me sometimes, we got a character like that on the plant and he is really disturbing. He want's to quit though and hopefully he will if he was a member here he would also win prices due to work time spent here... LoL

with all your diacritical marks!

They must seem very strange and alien to you and I actually think they are quite weird as well, always had problems with my native language due to all rules and grammar. Its much more complex than English... If I remember correct I learned to speak English much more early than to write Swedish so it may be a reason to this.

Pre-flip it was 19" tall and now it's 25" after stretch, so that is a 32% stretch if my math serves me. I'll let @BeezLuiz double check that :).
Your math is on point, as usual. :thumb: My plants have stretched from 23% - 28% over the past couple grows.

Glad that DDA is popping up for you. It does take a couple extra days without a soak. The rest of your ladies are looking great, as usual! Sorry you’re having to work so hard. Take care of yourself Shed!

Back
Top Bottom