Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Seems like the way to go forward is to have @420 approve contests before they happen.

Is this a possibility??

The only reason I am doing this publicly, is to send a message to everyone so that they are aware of the logistics we have to deal with repeatedly behind the scenes. Each time this happens, they play the victim and make us look like the bad guys, turning our own members against us. The mean old 420 did it again. No more cover ups. I want to make it very clear that this is the last time I am going to have this conversation, and this time, for everyone to see.

There's simply no need to get my approval if they follow our guidelines and legal sponsorship agreement.

Same guidelines and agreement we've had for almost a decade.

We've been over this so many times my head is about to explode.

What is so hard to understand about "not sending our members to other social networking websites" and keeping the contest on our own soil?

Especially when your threads have been closed and access removed over a dozen times for the exact same thing?

The problem is not us not being clear, the problem is Mars Hydro allowing a plethora of different random new sales people to post, without training them or even having them read the forum and LED sponsor guidelines. Then they get a bunch of members excited and entering contests offsite, then we have to delete everything, and everyone gets upset at us, when in fact it was Mars fault to begin with for even posting the offsite contest.

I constantly get turned down for advertising by US operated LED resellers, claiming that Mars Hydro dominates the forums with their inexpensive lights, so they don't see any potential return on their investment. We lose a LOT of sales from these companies as a result, however don't usually say anything, because having a cheaper solution helps our members who cannot afford the better equipment. However, if we have to deal with this kind of behavior constantly, it's not going to be worth taking the financial loss anymore.

:Namaste:

Mars Hydro make some good cheap shit and give it away more than anyone. If it didn't grow great weed at a fraction of the cost it wouldn't be so dominant. Sorry American manufacturers.

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_171304572.jpg
    IMG_20201105_171304572.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Mars Hydro make some good cheap shit and give it away more than anyone. If it didn't grow great weed at a fraction of the cost it wouldn't be so dominant. Sorry American manufacturers.
With ya on that one brotha !!!!!!!

they are exceptionally suspiciously artificially cheap. the product looks to have been weaponized and placed within these communities for just that purpose. it isn't as much about a good product as it is a scorched earth policy. mars behaves typically the way all chinese companies do. indeed they've been ordered to politically. their behavior here is identical to the way they operate every where else.

read the art of war. explains their approach 100%.

I constantly get turned down for advertising by US operated LED resellers, claiming that Mars Hydro dominates the forums with their inexpensive lights, so they don't see any potential return on their investment. We lose a LOT of sales from these companies as a result, however don't usually say anything, because having a cheaper solution helps our members who cannot afford the better equipment. However, if we have to deal with this kind of behavior constantly, it's not going to be worth taking the financial loss anymore.

pls see post above ...

With everything in life competition is competition, sure look at the UK scene now there was literally a hand ful of raffle style sites to win prizes and now there's over 10,000 registered now and every single one of them is flat but some of the earlier companies said too many companies would destroy the business yet it made it bigger and stronger for everyone to afford, same can be said about led lights right?

Mars are good yes, but, if people can afford a little better they will so I think other advertisers are shooting there self in the foot by not wanting to advertise here, I run mars but if I could I would go bigger and better but that's just my opinion which isn't worth a bean, even a none sproutable bean lol.

I do run multiple mars lights with no complaints, if anything I reccomend them to everyone I know in fact a man I know rang me up only last week and has already started buying 5 of 50 requited lights from Mars, rooms are huge but I told him what I was pulling and he was more than pleased with.

I've just woken up from 1h of sleep over a 60h period dbo one shout at me for crap theories haha.

It's about advertising tactics and pointing out how the contest was unfair both to the members here and to the staff by redirecting to other outlets and splitting the prizes. Perhaps it's also about how aggressively their products are marketed here. There's a certain amount of member advocacy that make's it unappealing for any other companies to even want to consider becoming a sponsor. Look at all the threads with 'mars' in the title for instance.

It's all love. I'm trying to be impartial but I think this problem isn't just a single person's fault.

I think you also have to consider how many of the growers here are fortunate to be gifted/win/discounted their products. I am going to be accused of bias due to this very same thing. I spent time here asking lots of questions about led v hps ect. I never felt "sold to" in all honesty and made the conversion from my "decades loyal to" hps set up with a really good discount dmfrom using this thread and inputting. I found it a real breath of fresh air to have a sponsor with their thread actively used by community members and not just sales patter. We have had many discussions about things that would be useful ,helpful etc. which has led to products being made to include/exclude suggestions that come up. I totally understand that business is conducted how it is to enhance profile and sales and have never thought the lady at the checkout hoped my goods were cheap enough and I was going to enjoy every product in my trolley either but I will happily chat to them too. lol
I hope this doesn't now turn into some kind of outpour as their products are faultless and still beats competitors by results for price paid. It is frustrating to be misinformed about the competition and not realise that it was also outside of 420 too. This should have been made clear. Like all entrants , I hoped to co.e away with a stunning new tech light but also never felt it was a do e deal whether just on 420 or not. There are some amazing growers here who deserve their popularity and success in the comps too.( I am not being concreted and including myself here.) .Enter any comp on 420 and you are up against some amazing competition ( friends or not !) . The fun of entering and the interest it can generate in our grows and also sharing info in a direct thread is often the enjoyable side. wishing your competition well and happy growing at the expense of losing to them, never really comes into it for me. The generosity of their sales methods is also a clear winner for them and not exclusive or copyrighted to Mars. The happy Mars growers sell the products here by showing their results I feel.
I hesitated before commenting as the tone feels somewhat edgy now on their own thread !. 1st time seen any negativity here ever. Gutting. sorry guys but had to say how I felt. We also had a discussion a long time e back about the changing Sara saga , it was clear and seemed to be noticed by a few of us from the change in responses but from this side, access to Mars and their developing products remained constant. I am not saying anything goes either or that 420 are not within their rights, it just feels like yet again , sponsors who refuse to consider value and performance outweighing their flashy, expensive and in the case of many nutrient companies , pure panic that their practices of splitting the products into multiple sellable parts, has bit them in the ass with other releases of 1 part feeds and things. Maybe light sponsors need to follow the thread example and be in direct contact with their customer base.

multiple users on one sponsor account is not uncommon. the practice of using one sponsor persona to facilitate an impression of a single entity is both predatory and misleading however.

mars is dancing on the shitty side of the ethics question.

Mars Hydro cup is indeed our mistake. We organized a large giveaway that users of all platforms can participate in, but ignores the peculiarities of 420magazine. The post of mars hydro cup does mention that this event is not only available to users of 420magazine Participated, but because other platforms were mentioned here in violation of the rules, the pictures and descriptions of that part were quickly deleted by the administrator. This is indeed our mistake, so sorry. We will not hold such a giveaway in the future.

We have counted the views of all users currently participating in mars hydro cup. The top 5 scores are currently between 9500-79700. I checked the 420 contestants. @PK 's score is the highest, and his score is currently ranked Seventh, although we mentioned before, marshydro cup can only get free FC for the first three, but due to our own mistakes, all the threads have been deleted, and we can no longer count the scores, so I applied to our manager. Give @PK a third prize, FC3000, as compensation, I hope you can accept it. We will also seriously consider, and then make a new giveaways to make up for the previous mistakes.

Sara has indeed been away for a long time. During this period, different colleagues took over this account. The reason why we did not change the nickname of the account is because smokesara is not only the name of a person in 420magazine, but also represents a company. Everyone is already familiar with the image of, and in China, the working mechanism may be different from other countries. Our employees don’t stay in the same position for many years, If the job position changes, then his job content will also change, and the responsible section will also change. and 80% of the salespersons in our company are girls. When girls reach a certain age, she will choose to get married and have children, and thus leave work and return to the family. Therefore, we will not change the nickname of this account with the name of any salesperson. If we keep changing the name, you will probably be confused. @420 Thank you for changing our nickname. This is actually what I have always wanted to do. Thank you for helping us make the decision. Mars hydro will always be here in the future and will not change again.

@Mars Hydro thank you for stepping up on the plate and making the best out come out of this situation.

Congrats on the FC3000 PK
Thank you bud's buddy!! i am excited as it will fit in well with the next video series. I guess it's time to get that grow tent now. That works best as that would make my current tent for seedlings and clones or maybe a mother plant

Thank you bud's buddy!! i am excited as it will fit in well with the next video series. I guess it's time to get that grow tent now. That works best as that would make my current tent for seedlings and clones or maybe a mother plant
Congrats PK!!!

Back
Top Bottom