Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Yup I was going to say that as well. Have had to mix the brix just a tad light for them but all in all have had no complaints. No real mag problems or any other deficiencies so you should be good to go. We have 2 that I've been trying to kill with drenches for the last 2 weeks or so to see how far I can push them and so far they are pushing right back.

Here, try some!

:passitleft:

Thanks Nis,...Ok, i'l try it bud!....:passitleft:.....:thumb:

Yup I was going to say that as well. Have had to mix the brix just a tad light for them but all in all have had no complaints. No real mag problems or any other deficiencies so you should be good to go. We have 2 that I've been trying to kill with drenches for the last 2 weeks or so to see how far I can push them and so far they are pushing right back.

Here, try some!

:passitleft:

I noticed the jack herrer's I have are sensitive to the brix a bit. Do you find this common with sativa dominant strains?
As I get into the last two or three weeks of flowering, I am also noticing leaves yellowing a bit, with some taco'ing as well. any suggestions? I may be able to get some pics up late tonight or early in the morning.

Great update Neiko, and some really nice plants too. I do same on the brix (i.e. mix it a little light) after burning my fair share of leaves too. Now I mix it 1/2 strength or even a little lighter, add my WA10x and use my little 2 oz atomizer until it's empty. Seems to work and not make crispy leaves like I got a few times before. I also raised my lights a little too, so instead of ~18" they're more like ~22". This way I have less stress, fewer hash tips and fewer burnt leaves. Either way, like you said, the flowers have never burnt and have always been top notch.

Great stuff Neiko and Gov! This is something newer growers using Doc's gear should remember and really listen to! Thank you both! I too have turned perfect leaves a lil crispy from too strong a Brix spray. I also mix mine a little on the weaker side. Cheers you guys and have an awesome Canada Day long weekend ...or should I say a great Independence Day!:high-five:

Great update Neiko, and some really nice plants too. I do same on the brix (i.e. mix it a little light) after burning my fair share of leaves too. Now I mix it 1/2 strength or even a little lighter, add my WA10x and use my little 2 oz atomizer until it's empty. Seems to work and not make crispy leaves like I got a few times before. I also raised my lights a little too, so instead of ~18" they're more like ~22". This way I have less stress, fewer hash tips and fewer burnt leaves. Either way, like you said, the flowers have never burnt and have always been top notch.

So your doing 2oz per plant, including large flower? I fill my flairosol with 4oz and 2ml of brix so each plant is getting 1ml each. I've been lite with the brix, but size is up so I will make a stronger ratio starting tomorrow.

I have not used WA yet. Someone refresh me on the procedure. Used through flower or just a few times?

So your doing 2oz per plant, including large flower? I fill my flairosol with 4oz and 2ml of brix so each plant is getting 1ml each. I've been lite with the brix, but size is up so I will make a stronger ratio starting tomorrow.

I have not used WA yet. Someone refresh me on the procedure. Used through flower or just a few times?

Evenin Gaffle , Neiko and friends. Doc introduced the Wayx10, and now an improved version called 'snake oil'. They are both for strains that struggle with Mg. shortages in mid to late bloom. Far before we want them to show these signs. use the way every time you Brix if your strain is not close to 'landrace'. Strains that were bred and fed salts thru their creation , require more salt based nutes to do well. So that's why often times you will also use some Epsoms to help in these Mg shortages. The new formulas for the Drenches (Transplant, Growth Energy) have been modified to help with these issues....some of us are 'testing ' these now. Snake oil is Wayx10 with more Mg. in it. Hope this helps Gaffle. cheers gang!

I actually use this 2 oz over 2-3 plants. These strains I'm running now seem more "delicate" regarding brix applications so I simply do really light brix foliars sprays every Sunday morning. When I do Destress (usually every other week or so) I do them on Wednesdays. Just makes it easier for me to remember and evaluate the night before so I can wake up with a gameplan.

Evenin Gaffle , Neiko and friends. Doc introduced the Wayx10, and now an improved version called 'snake oil'. They are both for strains that struggle with Mg. shortages in mid to late bloom. Far before we want them to show these signs. use the way every time you Brix if your strain is not close to 'landrace'. Strains that were bred and fed salts thru their creation , require more salt based nutes to do well. So that's why often times you will also use some Epsoms to help in these Mg shortages. The new formulas for the Drenches (Transplant, Growth Energy) have been modified to help with these issues....some of us are 'testing ' these now. Snake oil is Wayx10 with more Mg. in it. Hope this helps Gaffle. cheers gang!

I still haven't gotten any snake oil yet. Next order. On the OG's I'm running I've done 2 light Epsom's applications these last 2 rounds too. Most people do Tbspns...I've done Tspns. Since the new drench formulas are more suitable to them, they haven't needed it nearly as badly, so I've really only given it pre-emptively.

Hey Gov, nice to see ya around. I haven't ordered the snake oil yet either. Next order for me too. I have never used leaf wash either, I was under the impression it was for getting rid of bugs, which I've never had :wood: Is anyone using it without bugs and if so why and when??

It doesn't sound like it's really necessary though right?
Nope. Just really helps keep everything clean is all. We got a quart of it and we will have it for a very long time. You don't use very much at a time, don't remember the exact amount, so a bottle will last a while.

Hey Gov, nice to see ya around. I haven't ordered the snake oil yet either. Next order for me too. I have never used leaf wash either, I was under the impression it was for getting rid of bugs, which I've never had :wood: Is anyone using it without bugs and if so why and when??

Hiiiii...:rofl:

I think it was Doc that said makes for nice photos too... :thumb:

Morning gang, hope everyone is having a good 4th of July weekend.....for those that it applies to. I am starting quite a few new seedlings, so far I have a new ACE Oriental Express, Dr. Ziggy's Panama x Columbian Gold (Panama Gold), 2 In House Genetics Black Cherry Punch and waiting to show are Carnival (thanks Sue), World of Seeds Strawberry Blue, Delicatessen Lilly (3rd try on these), and HSO's Amherst Sour Diesel. Things are starting to move along nicely now. Next to come down is Grand Daddy Purple, she's in the window now.
Grand Daddy Purple Day 60
20170703_055422.jpg
20170703_055430.jpg

Jamaican 1
20170703_055317.jpg
20170703_055300.jpg

Jamaican 2
20170703_055346.jpg

20170703_055338.jpg

Dr. Grinspoon
20170703_055355.jpg

707 Truthband