Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

Ok my friend, thanks for the info. I'm going to get some. After I hang I use either grocery bags or cardboard box for secondary drying step. Besides using with the final curing/storing container, I think I put one in my bag or box so it doesn't get too dry too fast. I never had to dry & cure in July before starting indoor garden, and it's hot and dry here already. What do you think?

Ok my friend, thanks for the info. I'm going to get some. After I hang I use either grocery bags or cardboard box for secondary drying step. Besides using with the final curing/storing container, I think I put one in my bag or box so it doesn't get too dry too fast. I never had to dry & cure in July before starting indoor garden, and it's hot and dry here already. What do you think?

Personally I will dry and use the packs later. My basement and house are running 40-70%RH.

I think if you use in a bag with decent airflow, the little packet will use up all its moisture trying to humidify the whole room. That's not the best use, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Replace the packet with a new packet every day or whenever it gets hard instead of squishy.

I hear the dried out Boveda pack can be restored by moist air, for example, in a closed box next to a cup of water. I don't know this from first hand experience.

I hang for at least 5 days or until buds become spongy but getting dry on the outside. Then I use bag or box, closed but not air tight. I open and close daily or every couple of days and turn over/mix around the buds. It slows rapid drying that's no good and the closed but not airtight atmosphere starts the curing. I find this 2nd drying step enhances fragrance and often taste. This step lasts another wk. or two. Then I jar up. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

I use a 1/3 EWC, 1/3 Promix, and 1/3 Perlite mix. I add Dolomite Lime to the mix to counter the peat and it helps stabilize the PH. It also is slow releases calcium into the soil. My first grow I didn't have it and I added it to my second and it was the bomb. Now on my 4th grow and it is still good. I reuse my soil but always add about 1/4 new soil and lime. Looks to me like you could also use some Cal-mag regiment added to your watering. Use it sparingly tho because it is strong and to much can make problems to. I add cal-mag on average about one per week thru both veg and flower at a rate of 5 drops per gallon. I quit using it when they are about 4 weeks or so from finishing.

Also the dying leaves and browning edges looks like to me a Phosphorus deficiency but could be caused by PH phosphorus lockout. Had same thing start on some of my OG Kush's but I caught it early yours look late stage.
You are so late into flowering not sure what you could really do about Ca def. but phosphorus is easy fix.
This is what I do for my "when in doubt".:
1) Flush with PH stable distilled water.(Distilled water is void of everything and usually fairly neutral) and test ph of runoff to be sure ph is good.
2) Wait a day or so if problem gets better it could of been toxicity because sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. If it gets worse then it is a deficiency and begin adjusted fertilizer's.
3) If still messed up find KingJohn.

I use a 1/3 EWC, 1/3 Promix, and 1/3 Perlite mix. I add Dolomite Lime to the mix to counter the peat and it helps stabilize the PH. It also is slow releases calcium into the soil. My first grow I didn't have it and I added it to my second and it was the bomb. Now on my 4th grow and it is still good. I reuse my soil but always add about 1/4 new soil and lime. Looks to me like you could also use some Cal-mag regiment added to your watering. Use it sparingly tho because it is strong and to much can make problems to. I add cal-mag on average about one per week thru both veg and flower at a rate of 5 drops per gallon. I quit using it when they are about 4 weeks or so from finishing.

1/3 worm castings sounds luxurious :) as in an actual luxury that would be expensive. I'm on city sewer so I'm not growing my own with castings.
Like everything else in growing, the expense compared to buying quality bud, is relative.

Vape test - Carmelicious Quiffa

Yesterday saw brown hairs appear on the two tallest girls.

Knowing that we still have more time until ripe, (tichomes are sparkly clear like glass,)
removed a small bud and did our first vape test in the MagicFlight LaunchBox :)

Carmelicious is potent!
High went straight to the head, like a brain freeze from eating ice cream too fast.
Over the next five minutes, the Buzz expanded to include the shoulders.
Trouble focusing and overall feeling like 4-5 shots of hard liquor, without the loss of balance.
The beginnings of a perma-grin :)

Minimum of several more days before harvest, just wanted to get a benchmark for where the buds were going,
And also wanted to practice vaping fresh cannabis. Too green to grind, I cut the bud into small pieces with trimming shears.

20140622_180759-1.jpg

20140622_180857-1.jpg

20140622_181135-1.jpg

Vape test - White Widow Denise

Again, 7 week buds are just getting brown hairs, not fully ripe!

Four people on the MagicFlight LaunchBox, about twice the size of the Carmelicious, much less high.
I had dropped the bud in the soil, so rinsed in a cup of plain water, air dried for 45 minutes, cut up with trimming scissors, heat dried in s small glass bowl over the toaster slot (3 toast cycles.

Felt the hits in chest, followed by a general sense of well being and lack of aches and pains. This was a welcome feeling considering I moved a few feet of cinder block wall, used the chainsaw to cut a 4 ft diameter rotten log into three pieces and an engine hoist to drag the log pieces into new locations, etc.

After a physical day, the immature White Widow did an excellent job on ache and pain relief.

20140622_175551-1.jpg

20140622_175634-1.jpg

20140622_181245-1.jpg

While examining the buds under a pocket microscope (Crystal clear trichomes) a Great Blue Heron walked down the brook beside the house.

Blue Heron in center of photo, head facing left, below the bird house, right of the wrought iron pole.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/non-420-plants-gardens-2.211687/post-2146039

Friday, saw Boston Taxi # 420 :) :rofl:

This was the boy's first drive inside Boston city limits on his driving permit: a MAJOR driving milestone.
I'd rather drive at 40-45 mph in Manhattan than 25-30 mph in Boston. Boston drivers are world class sucky drivers due to lack of lane control, poor speed control, turning from the incorrect lane and nosing out vehicles into cross traffic.

20140620_125456-1.jpg

You are mirroring my life, my progeny has been practicing on his permit as well, along with getting his GED to start college at a much earlier age than normal. While his age kids are still in high school and going to prom, my kid will be working toward completing his associate's degree, then figure out where he's going to finish up with the bachelors. Be nice if we can get him graduated by age 20-21. Anyway, good to know your buds are going to be potent.

Hey Radogast, the Buds are looking awesome my friend. I've never vaped before, How do you or others you know that have used a vaporizer like the high compared to the old school method of putting fire to the weed? I can't help you with your late stage grow issues as I have never been to the flowering portion before, However, be sure to know that I am here to support you in your efforts to get your girls to harvest! I have several go to growers here that I bounce my questions and ideas off of, each is a well rounded experienced grower with a proven track record for their knowledge and skill but each has a specialty they seem to have a greater ability at. If I think I can point you to someone that can help you for a particular issue your having, I will. For what you are experiencing at this time, KJC is who I would recommend for your most accurate and timely solution. Please don't misunderstand me 420 Community :Namaste: I have a high regard for all growers and especially those that have more experience. I just find it easier to have a few names in my rolodex rather than many loose in a drawer. You'll be fine and your girls will present you with a gift of love in the coming weeks. Great Job!

1/3 worm castings sounds luxurious :) as in an actual luxury that would be expensive. I'm on city sewer so I'm not growing my own with castings.
Like everything else in growing, the expense compared to buying quality bud, is relative.

Not to mention the entire process of acquiring buds on the street.

Thanks Shadowman, Chinnubie, techyghost.

The vegging stage was slow going but everything went well.

Having problems during flower has been a bit like driving in a thunderstorm: I am pretty confident everything will work out ok but I can't avoid worrying and I keep looking for the Magic bullet that will restore my girls to full health. :)

It is my first girl that has developed such an extreme bud to foliage ratio, but I am keeping the faith that buds will continue to grow and mature. Trimming will be a piece of cake :rofl:

I TOTALLY appreciate the many growers on this and other :420: grow threads. Your conversation keeps me in close proximity to sanity and hope.

:thanks::circle-of-love::thanks:

Lush looking little nugglet my friend. Your bounty does the job and that's all we all want in the end! :) best of buds! :)

Thanks! I'm going to do some bud building snips per your thread in your signature, Light Addict.

Do you recommend I trim a tiny bald patch in ALL the little buds, even those as small as the ones I sampled?

Back
Top Bottom