Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Bud Backbuilding Day

Experimenting with backbuilding: The two taller girls had all their main buds snipped and their lower buds along the stalks snipped for half the plant.

20140625_001527-1.jpg

20140625_001524-1.jpg

The two shorter girls had just the main buds snipped on the leaders (Carmelicious,)
and only half the leaders snipped (White Widow.)

20140625_001513-1.jpg

Rad I posted a comment on Shadow's thread about weather you think an orange light on a light bar would be enough to fuck-up the flowers? God I've had such issue with night-lites ugh, I think my common sense has left me.

Hey Radogast! the girls are looking good! its been a week but i'll catch up.

ive updated my journal after a week! lots of growth!!

stay green!

Hey GreenThumb!

I read everything on your journal. I don't say much there, cause I don't know much about growing.

That said, I'm about a day behind on reading grow logs. I've been reading a trilogy on witches and vampires :)

Rad I posted a comment on Shadow's thread about weather you think an orange light on a light bar would be enough to fuck-up the flowers? God I've had such issue with night-lites ugh, I think my common sense has left me.

I answered over there on Shadow's thread. I had just rallied there as if I owned the thread, but I edited so you can't prove it now :)

Like Maggiesfarm said, takes over the light to avoid hermies. Take heart on your flowering. Humans are born hermaphroditic all the time. Doctors usually do emergency surgery and lie to the parents about the reason.

_ _ . __I'll _ _

I'll now confess my stupid here.

My clones have been out of rockwool for about a month and haven't grown 1/2 inch or put on a significant fan leaf.
LAST NIGHT I realized that 8am to 2am was not exactly 18/6: The Sun rises at about 4:45am !x!
That's less than three hours of darkness. My poor little clone girls have been too sleep deprived to grow.

I set them to 6am to midnight. That's still no good since its under 5 hours of darkness, but it will have to do until I rearrange my schedule to tend the 420 garden before midnight.

Luckily, I'm harvesting this batch next Monday so I'll tape the little light for the next grow but they still haven't hermied so it won't really matter that much from now til Monday. At least I'm making all of my rookie mistakes with this first grow. Something positive to be said about that. By the way, love the 420 Taxi that was great, do you think the driver knew the significance? Doubtful, but then again more people are being educated about cannabis daily.

I need to buy me a nug jar.
That one is pretty cool, you say it was made locally? Too bad up here all we get is imported glass, and a jar like that would run $40 to $50 in a smoke shop here. I bought a 4 inch glass pipe a few years back, was over $100. I should probably find that lol

Cheers man the ladies look good. And I'm glad to see your trying backbuilding :)

I need to buy me a nug jar.
That one is pretty cool, you say it was made locally? Too bad up here all we get is imported glass, and a jar like that would run $40 to $50 in a smoke shop here. I bought a 4 inch glass pipe a few years back, was over $100. I should probably find that lol

Cheers man the ladies look good. And I'm glad to see your trying backbuilding :)

The everyday Nug jars the family use are sold by the dozen from places like crate and barrel. Google "Mini oval spice jars with clamps"
They hold 3-5 grams of buds which is a convenient walking around size in a state where they can't legally search you for cannabis, even if they seed you smoking they only get to confiscate what was visible.

The pictured Nug Jar was $25-30 and hand blown for sale in a local antique and collectibles store. The kids really wanted to buy me something for :love: Father's Day :love: so I compared jars for 10 minutes until I got one as a gift :)

The family is looking forward to a time when they can store home grown cannabis in pickle and spaghetti jars :rofl:

The competition is very tough but that never stopped you before, did it? We're Americans we compete with and for everything so it can't hurt to jump in the ring, somebodies got to win. Personally, I think my best chance will be to try for Nug of the Month, it seems to be the most wide open category. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

The competition is very tough but that never stopped you before, did it? We're Americans we compete with and for everything so it can't hurt to jump in the ring, somebodies got to win. Personally, I think my best chance will be to try for Nug of the Month, it seems to be the most wide open category. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

I don't look at or vote Nug of the Month.

They all look alike to me.

Back
Top Bottom