Stunger's Organic Soil Stealth Balcony: Landrace Mulanje & Other Sativas

Have you thought of diatomaceous earth (DE) or copper tape surrounding your seedlings to deter the slugs?
I was just going to say @Azimuth, what about putting down a ring of salt? I have yet to meet a slug that will voluntarily cross a ring of NaCl.

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! We are getting increasingly closer to the sharp end of the grow.
:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::nervous-guy: Reading through the updates and getting caught up like this Stung! They are looking lovely.
the actual damage to the Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje
She's looking scrumdiddlelyumptios!!! Healthy trichomes everywhere. Some strong genetics holding it down against the elements and late season climate. WINNER!!!
Some seeds harvested so far from the Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje

Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje seeds
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

I look forward to making some seeds in the future. Especially some as pretty as those! Damn man! Congrats.

Nice stash of seeds!
Thanks Otter, I really wanted them and I'm glad the pollination worked.
Have you thought of diatomaceous earth (DE) or copper tape surrounding your seedlings to deter the slugs? Wood ashes too, I think.
Thanks Azi, copper tape is something I will look for next time I'm at the garden shop. Previously I have scattered snail&slug pellets around the tiles that the pots are sitting on, which has worked well too with dead slugs the next morning.
I was just going to say @Azimuth, what about putting down a ring of salt? I have yet to meet a slug that will voluntarily cross a ring of NaCl.
Cheers Jon, I have heard of people using that but, hmmm.. salt I am not sure about a salt boost to the soil, any rain would wash it away if on the tiles, and if placed on the soil rain would dissolve it into the soil.
:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::nervous-guy: Reading through the updates and getting caught up like this Stung! They are looking lovely.
She's looking scrumdiddlelyumptios!!! Healthy trichomes everywhere. Some strong genetics holding it down against the elements and late season climate. WINNER!!!
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

I look forward to making some seeds in the future. Especially some as pretty as those! Damn man! Congrats.
Thanks BA. Successfully achieving seeds on this grow was a big aim of mine, so I am super pleased to have got them. Plus, aside from giving a punchy long lasting high, they have demonstrated great resilience against the pests and weather over their 20 weeks of flowering so far.

Hi Stunger

O.M.G! You really grow quite the adventure! I envy your own personal seed bank! You got seeds for dayzzzzzz!

Your glitter shots are quite simply next level!

I’m not exactly sure how I missed such a fab journal, but hopefully I can sit and watch quietly in the back, and when I say sit and watch quietly in the back, I mean dance on tables up the front while accidentally knocking drinks and billy’s over…

Lollling

Really great journal tho bruv. Super informative and well put together. Two things I’ve never been accused of ;)

Thanks Otter, I really wanted them and I'm glad the pollination worked.

Thanks Azi, copper tape is something I will look for next time I'm at the garden shop. Previously I have scattered snail&slug pellets around the tiles that the pots are sitting on, which has worked well too with dead slugs the next morning.

Cheers Jon, I have heard of people using that but, hmmm.. salt I am not sure about a salt boost to the soil, any rain would wash it away if on the tiles, and if placed on the soil rain would dissolve it into the soil.

Thanks BA. Successfully achieving seeds on this grow was a big aim of mine, so I am super pleased to have got them. Plus, aside from giving a punchy long lasting high, they have demonstrated great resilience against the pests and weather over their 20 weeks of flowering so far.
Yeah I was thinking on the tiles around the pots, but yes, forgot it's not covered from rain.

Hi Stunger

O.M.G! You really grow quite the adventure! I envy your own personal seed bank! You got seeds for dayzzzzzz!

Your glitter shots are quite simply next level!

I’m not exactly sure how I missed such a fab journal, but hopefully I can sit and watch quietly in the back, and when I say sit and watch quietly in the back, I mean dance on tables up the front while accidentally knocking drinks and billy’s over…

Lollling

Really great journal tho bruv. Super informative and well put together. Two things I’ve never been accused of ;)
Thanks Tra! You've arrived nearly in time for the balcony cleanup but why not dance and knock over a few drinks first haha. Thanks for the kind words altho I am just bumbling along for the greater part.
Om Im sorry @Stunger I really did think I left that door closed properly.
No worries DV8 it was probably the wind!
Yeah I was thinking on the tiles around the pots, but yes, forgot it's not covered from rain.
That's OK Jon, it is great to get suggestions and they all add to the supportive fabric that is our 420 community.

IKR. I only wish I could bumble so well! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB, and I love the plants that you grow!
How's MS doing in the drying process? I'm excited to see the final product from droughting :)
Cheers Tim, I'll be getting on to her very shortly.
Beautiful trichomes, stunning seeds, plants still standing, one Mulanje still alive...looks like I didn't miss a thing while I was gone! :welldone: on all of it.
Thanks Shed, altho today the landscape of the balcony has changed. I'll do an update next!
Cheers DD, nice to see you! :passitleft:

Update - Chop day for the 2 remaining Sativas - final bud & trichome pics of the Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! It has been fine weather today and I had been thinking of chopping the plants this coming weekend. But on close inspection I felt today would be the day.

The Honduras/Panama x Purple Honduras has already been mostly harvested so on her there was not a lot remaining and what was appeared to be at the point of 'readiness' now.

Of the Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje, she was also showing the signs where some little bits of bud were beginning to age, and I didn't feel that further flowering would be of benefit, so she was chopped too.

Last balcony pic before the plants were chopped

Final bud & trichome pics of the Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje

This plant has always been very 'crystally' closeup. I still don't understand just where the potency is stored in the buds, we all talk about and love the trichomes, but some plants don't display a lot of them but still pack a similar punch.

The surviving Mulanje seedling

I haven't been doing anything for this other than a small watering around the rim today. I'll let her go as long as she is ok.

Thanks for dropping by, keep well, and please keep up the good work in your gardens because mine is now over!
:ganjamon:

Oh I feel so happy to read this mate, i feel very much like Ive been in this canoe paddling for months. And now you're here!

Those final shots look great Stunger, a great day for a chop.

Those up close macros are delicious, they just got great and stayed that way for weeks.

Happy trim and dry mate, go fill those jars.

Great journal mate, loved it.

Back
Top Bottom