Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team U

:ganjamon::passitleft:Big pots are the way to go. We are 5 weeks past flip and the tops on the big pots are loads bigger than the ones in 7 gallons. Getting them closer to being able to reach their full potential is very exciting. Seeing the differences up close would sell anyone big ass pots. Let's put it this way, we are going to buy a concrete mixer to mix our soil from now on. You need lots of soil for big pots. Speaking of which, we need more amendment! Only have 3 lbs left.

How big are your big pots? I grew in 5 gallon pots on my first grow and wasn't thrilled with the results. I have 7, 10, and 15 gallons that I am considering for my next grow. I was actually planning on growing in two sizes and comparing the results....was leaning on growing 2 plants in 7 gallons and 2 plants in 10 gallons and comparing the results and then follow that up with trying the 15 gallon pots and seeing what the difference between them all is.

It is extremely difficult not to start these seeds. Must show self control. Only a few more weeks...

Good morning everyone!
f8bef6bc996b8964bb683a914aabd07c.jpg

Who is the breeder on those Nismo?

How big are your big pots? I grew in 5 gallon pots on my first grow and wasn't thrilled with the results. I have 7, 10, and 15 gallons that I am considering for my next grow. I was actually planning on growing in two sizes and comparing the results....was leaning on growing 2 plants in 7 gallons and 2 plants in 10 gallons and comparing the results and then follow that up with trying the 15 gallon pots and seeing what the difference between them all is.
These are 20 gallon soft pots. A 4x4 tent can barely hold two of them, so that's what I wanted. As big as you can comfortably go is best. Get a nice rootball in a one gallon and transplant into a big pot and they absolutely explode. It's unreal the difference. Try it, you'll see.
Who is the breeder on those Nismo?
New420guyseeds. Not a sponsor so can't link it. :thumb:

Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Garden is looking beautiful Nis ..

I'm following along here in the back row - not sayin' much, just enjoying the sights and the information flow . :popcorn:

20 Gallon is a big pot! I've been thinking about trying a big pot for an outdoor grow - but I reckon if I went that big it would get too enormous!!

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

I'm following along here in the back row - not sayin' much, just enjoying the sights and the information flow . :popcorn:

20 Gallon is a big pot! I've been thinking about trying a big pot for an outdoor grow - but I reckon if I went that big it would get too enormous!!

That would be a terrible problem to have......a plant that is too enormous!! Sign me up!

That would be a terrible problem to have......a plant that is too enormous!! Sign me up!

Man I don't know about a 20 gallon. How do you drench it? From the top? Seems like a hellacious undertaking.

Exactly - management! Not to mention space... stealth implications too... .

Maybe when I'm a more grown up grower I'll be brave enough for such an undertaking!

Exactly - management! Not to mention space... stealth implications too... .

Maybe when I'm a more grown up grower I'll be brave enough for such an undertaking!

When growing outside in pots it is best to use as big of a pot as you can. Really I have seen people have successful grows with as small as a 5 gallon pot but they had to feed it all the time to keep it healthy. If you use a 20 gallon minimum this becomes less of an issue. As far as getting too big, if height is the issue just top a bunch and/or tie it down. I have seen people use raised beds that are about 4ftx4ft and they build a frame around them just to tie the plant off to. They end up with 100 plus tops on one plant!

When growing outside in pots it is best to use as big of a pot as you can. Really I have seen people have successful grows with as small as a 5 gallon pot but they had to feed it all the time to keep it healthy. If you use a 20 gallon minimum this becomes less of an issue. As far as getting too big, if height is the issue just top a bunch and/or tie it down. I have seen people use raised beds that are about 4ftx4ft and they build a frame around them just to tie the plant off to. They end up with 100 plus tops on one plant!

Well that's given me something to ponder. I'm gearing up for an outdoor grow this summer (it's early spring here). Maybe it is possible... to go a bit bigger than I'd planned... sure would like to have the 'problem ' of too many budsites. .

Well that's given me something to ponder. I'm gearing up for an outdoor grow this summer (it's early spring here). Maybe it is possible... to go a bit bigger than I'd planned... sure would like to have the 'problem ' of too many budsites. .

Yes what a "problem" to have! When using Doc's kit he recommends a minimum of 25 gallon pots for outside plants. Most people I now see grow outside in pots use 55 gallon drums cut in half. They usually average about a half pound a plant. If you have good enough soil to grow in the ground that is really the way to go. One buddy of mine prepped one spot and grew one plant in it the first year. He put it out in the middle of June and by Oct he had about a pound from it. The next year he grew 4 in that spot and pulled 8 pounds! That is 2 pounds a plant :thedoubletake: Sure a half pound is good but 1-2 pounds off of one sounds even better! :)

Ok, so I have 4 ww x bb growing nicel. 2 weeks into flower. I am using ionic grow and ionic bloom together. 10ml of grow to 5ml of bloom per 3 litres of water. Each plant getting 750mI per feed, every 3 to 5 days. I have just purchased PK 13/14, but at what stage do I introduce this? And at what strength?

Really appreciate the help.

Peace..

A 20 gallon pot is 23" in diameter and luckily enough it has handles that are not cheaply made so two people could comfortably carry it. If you don't want to carry it, they make little plant carts that are 24" in diameter and are $15 USD so you can roll them around easily. If you are growing outside, a 20 gallon pot would make for a decent run. Bigger is better.

Thanks for stopping in Amy.

They can get away from ya if you loosen the reigns on them a bit. Gotta stay on them!

Man I don't know about a 20 gallon. How do you drench it? From the top? Seems like a hellacious undertaking.

These in the tent are a 16 oz at a time....4 gallons each. Takes about 30 mins to water the two of them. Put on some tunes, light a joint, and water away. No issues from the top, just start towards the outer edge and don't go too fast.

The 20 gallons in the big grow are done by a hose hooked up to a 55 gallon drum of RO with a pump. Then it's as easy to do with a wand. For drenches we pump out of the buckets with the drench so we can still use the hose and not carry 40 lb buckets of water lol.

Thank you. :passitleft:

Here is hula haze in a 20 gallon and is at day 35 post flip.

I'll have the time lapse from this week uploaded within the next few hours.

:Namaste:

Ok, so I have 4 ww x bb growing nicel. 2 weeks into flower. I am using ionic grow and ionic bloom together. 10ml of grow to 5ml of bloom per 3 litres of water. Each plant getting 750mI per feed, every 3 to 5 days. I have just purchased PK 13/14, but at what stage do I introduce this? And at what strength?

Really appreciate the help.

Peace..
Really can't help ya much with the synthetic nutes. We have been using Doc bud's high brix blend, the kit, for over a year now and before that we used fox farm nutes. But if it is a PK booster then you would start adding it the first couple weeks of flower I would assume. I would get a better answer from someone that has used, or something similar, before proceeding.

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team U

Good morning to ya Stank , Nis, Canna and friends! Stank,..if i may! Everyone here MUST know of my preachings about using as large a pot as you can! Sometimes i feel that all i've said is forgotten or ignored. I have been preaching about using big pots for YEARS now on this forum.....are people NOT listening to me. ................Stank ....to save you time...just go with your 15's . and be done with messin around OK.....i can tell you now..WITHOUT A DOUBT the larger the pot ...the bigger and healthier your plant, with more , bigger buds! End of story.
I feel that Ever since Nis starting using his bigger pots ....growers are going wow ,..look at that ..how do they work ...etc?
It's like i have have been preaching that for nothing...and that no one has listened to me. I will keep using my 26ers...but go ahead .....keep playing with your little pots....everyone will eventually be growing in more dirt....cuz it's BEST!
Top of the mornin to ya 's!

I use 7's instead of my 15's mostly due to space constraints along with soil constraints. When I find the strains that will remain in the stable I will go back to using bigger pots but I have been popping a lot of seeds lately in search of the best strains for me. I do not want to waste space or soil on strains that will under perform. I also do not have a spot to veg in the 15s since I am using both of my tents as flower tents right now. The magic of big pots is not lost on me. I have had my best pulls out of my 15s but I need to work though some of these seeds :laughtwo:

I use 7's instead of my 15's mostly due to space constraints along with soil constraints. When I find the strains that will remain in the stable I will go back to using bigger pots but I have been popping a lot of seeds lately in search of the best strains for me. I do not want to waste space or soil on strains that will under perform. I also do not have a spot to veg in the 15s since I am using both of my tents as flower tents right now. The magic of big pots is not lost on me. I have had my best pulls out of my 15s but I need to work though some of these seeds :laughtwo:

Thanks Yeti,..understood bud!:thumb::Namaste:

Good morning to ya Stank , Nis, Canna and friends! Stank,..if i may! Everyone here MUST know of my preachings about using as large a pot as you can! Sometimes i feel that all i've said is forgotten or ignored. I have been preaching about using big pots for YEARS now on this forum.....are people NOT listening to me. ................Stank ....to save you time...just go with your 15's . and be done with messin around OK.....i can tell you now..WITHOUT A DOUBT the larger the pot ...the bigger and healthier your plant, with more , bigger buds! End of story.
I feel that Ever since Nis starting using his bigger pots ....growers are going wow ,..look at that ..how do they work ...etc?
It's like i have have been preaching that for nothing...and that no one has listened to me. I will keep using my 26ers...but go ahead .....keep playing with your little pots....everyone will eventually be growing in more dirt....cuz it's BEST!
Top of the mornin to ya 's!
We heard ya bud, 20 gallon pots now and we had those troughs with 90 gallons each. Big beautiful plants. It's where it's at with the big pots.

I like what yeti has going with the small pots (7s) to run as testers and then going big on strains you find you like. That's probably something we will do for the ease of things since we will be searching for keepers this next run. Pheno hunting!

Back
Top Bottom