• AfricanGrower - Orange Bud

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • BigIrishDoode - Durple Pream

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Icemud - Cookies

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coke not worthy of the 420... you should be ashamed but as I type this I realize that you will smile when you read this. Just know Coke not worthy of 420 karma is a bitch...

I second or third that comment a couple above
As it is now one can enter anything. Home grown... Shop bought.... I dare say ppl have won nom with ripped pictures from google before.
If it was limited to home grown journaled nugs it would rule out a lot of foul play.
But I guess as it is it appeals to the masses. Not everyone has a journal that contributes to the site and pom is already totaly focused on the grower so I dunno lol
Kinda talked myself out of my first line comment.

shocking, but it happents, it happened before but again a member recognised the bud and knew it had been entered previous, if i ever enter id always have my screen name hand written on a piece of paper with the bud on top,

thats all it really needs, the screen name, maybe the date as well, but as long as the bud is on or next to a piece of paper then it should be easy to tell if its been copy n paste from another source, im sure some design pro could pull it off but the average grower im sure would not be able to make it look genuine without it looking a bit suspect,

You know I have to admit I have looked at the nugs that are store bought and as nice as they are I honestly have not been able to vote for one that was not the posters own work, it's takes nothing more than some cash for them to get that nug,they didn't stay up nights (or days whatever the case) worring about temps nurturing it from a baby pouring love ,$ and time into it. Like I know the growers do, (it's like buying a trophy for yourself and saying hey look at my trophy) the prizes are geared towards growing,what if they don't even grow? For me I would rather see it go to somebody that will use it and often times need it, it just feels right to me, you know that if I win every last drop of everything will go to use! Lol ,I'm not knocking the purchased nugs ,they are often very nice,but I love hearing the story of that nugs life, well that's just my 2 cents :thumb:
Plus you know it's not counterfeit lol

i agree BID, if the plants are in a persons journal and the bud can be shown to come from their own plant then their would be no cheating, like you say anyone can go out and purchase bud.

street bud might not be worthy of entering but some of the bud stores that sell high quality meds will always have some bud worthy of entering.

Bid:) hey I almost totally agree with your comment... But
2 months back. Spimp won with grapefruit he aquired and I had no problem with that at all :)
I no he's a good guy and puts a lot of effort in to his own journals etc.... Infact he's leading the way in mom this month.
I was happy for him winning and he is and will use his won prizes well and document his findings of products......

That said if it were someone I did not no on the site I guess I'd be bitter lol that one can purchase sexy buds and take a trophy from
One who has u say as put the time the love the £ into growing almost as superb of an entry.

I think its a valid talking point. I no it probably won't happen but 420 mods could put this to bed easyly.......
The could open a one off poll for the last 10 days of the month

Should nug of the month be limited to home grown bud?
Yes/no........ Then come the 1st of next month for entry's we could have changes to the rules potentially?

Just an idea Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss 420 moderator that I put to u

Im blindsided by this. I cant believe someone would counterfeit an entry, much less Coke420. he was up for motm not too long ago. WOW. I must be very nieve as I would have never considered cheating to win one of these contests. Eye opening for me.

Since I won recently, Im not going to comment on the changes proposed very much. I think this was an isolated situation that was sniffed out and put behind us quickly. I can think of changes I would propose to every one of the contests here, but Im sure Every Memeber here has a Biased opinion of what should be allowed, and what should win.
There was talk last month of an Indoor vs Outdoor POTM contest. Now we are talking homegrown vs bought Nugs. Going from 39 winners (yearly's) a year to 75 is not going to make the prizes any better. Quite the opposite. 75 prize packages with shipping and whatnot would mean each winner gets a Tee Shirt. :straightface:

Im just happy 420 got this thing figured out. :)

Would it sound strange if I said I worry and lose sleep over my dispensaries harvests? I worry about the plants I never seen before lol for fear my meds might not make it ya know?

I think if the sponsors are gonna give out all the sweet gifts that they do for these monthly contests the entries should be limited to journaled self grown plants/nugs. I also believe the entries should be limited to the current or previous month which would stop the indoor vs outdoor PotM talk but thats just my opinion. The sponsors are very generous in my opinion and shit like what happened here is a disgrace and if people keep this kinda worthless behavior up we could see an end to the contests or at least less of a prize package for winners cuz I sure wouldnt be sending out my products to phonies who cant grow their own shit. This is the 2nd month in a row someones been caught trying to steal away a prize package from worthy members and it is sad really but not surprising since the world is full of and ran by lying, cheating, thieves.

I think if the sponsors are gonna give out all the sweet gifts that they do for these monthly contests the entries should be limited to journaled self grown plants/nugs. I also believe the entries should be limited to the current or previous month which would stop the indoor vs outdoor PotM talk but thats just my opinion. The sponsors are very generous in my opinion and shit like what happened here is a disgrace and if people keep this kinda worthless behavior up we could see an end to the contests or at least less of a prize package for winners cuz I sure wouldnt be sending out my products to phonies who cant grow their own......
I wholeheartedly agree Cas :thumb:

I dissagree.

I believe the Nug of the Month contest is about "the best looking nug" for the month. Not the best grown nug. That is what the POTM contest is for.
The prizes are better in the MOTM and the POTM because it is a contest that requires much more.
But telling someone you have the best looking nug but you didnt grow it Changes the whole concept and Doesnt go with the Mission Statement of 420 magizine.
Ridding the world of Pot Prohibition. Not being the best HomeGrown site in the world. Altougth the Later is true already IMO, adding a Prohibition in the form of contest rules is exactly the opposite of how I read the mission Statement.

IMO this site was founding on wanting Anyone, Anywhere to be able to partake in MJ for medicinal or recreatinal reasons. We cant start saying if your not a grower your Nug doesnt count. Becaue I, and I assume the staff here, Want Anyone Anywhere to enjoy the Benifits of Cannabis
So limiting entries is the same as saying We promote rebel growers, but not rebel smokers.

Thats just an opinion by a guy who won with a nug I didnt grow so It may mean little to nothing. But I want this place to be about ending prohibition, not adding more prohibition in the form of contest rules.
There could be modificatons made, but there will always be a jerk trying to cheat. We just must have faith that 420 girl and the other mods will be dillagant in snuffing out the a-holes.

I agree with spimp....

The way I see it the NOTM is for both those that grow and find good nugs from their local sources. POTM is strictly for those that are grown themselves. MOTM is juts that member of the month, it could bea grower or just a helpful person.

That being said using someone else's pics should NEVER be allowed.

Im blindsided by this. I cant believe someone would counterfeit an entry, much less Coke420. he was up for motm not too long ago. WOW. I must be very nieve as I would have never considered cheating to win one of these contests. Eye opening for me.

Since I won recently, Im not going to comment on the changes proposed very much. I think this was an isolated situation that was sniffed out and put behind us quickly. I can think of changes I would propose to every one of the contests here, but Im sure Every Memeber here has a Biased opinion of what should be allowed, and what should win.
There was talk last month of an Indoor vs Outdoor POTM contest. Now we are talking homegrown vs bought Nugs. Going from 39 winners (yearly's) a year to 75 is not going to make the prizes any better. Quite the opposite. 75 prize packages with shipping and whatnot would mean each winner gets a Tee Shirt. :straightface:

Im just happy 420 got this thing figured out. :)

I want a tee shirt :dreamy:

Shame on you, Cheatcoke :straightface:

Well spotted, SER Smoke2J's :thumb:

At the end of the day, all nugs are grown by someone (except of course frankenphoto-nug)

It is a beauty contest, and the most beautiful nug should win.

As long as it is a real nug, of course...:eyebrowsmile:

As in real life, whenever there is an advantage to be gained from winning, there will be cheats.

As CD pointed out, this is the second time in 2 months that cheaters have been caught.

I think we should focus on the fact that they have been caught, which should deter future cheating.

Vigilant and observant members ensure a self-regulating competition :thumb:

What could be better than that?

If someone cheats they should be called out and shamed (if they have any shame)
And we should move on, stronger and wiser as a community of 420knights :circle-of-love:

One could also use the prizes to become a grower :)

And what about the growers who do not have the experience or equipment to grow a winnable nug?

I would not begrudge the prizes to anyone who won with an honest entry.

If youre not a grower then you have no use for the prizes offered and if the nug was grown in your journal nobody could claim it as their own because it wouldnt be in their journal.

that is good point, most of prizes are grow oriented. Wonder why contest creator's intentions where on if has to be of their own grow? Not the rules per say, but intentions.

I think that if not your own grow you should clearly state it in your entry, for honest/integrity's stake, then the voters can decide.

I can see cases for both but I agree with the above. If your not a grower u don't need the prizes.
If a member with a journal wins give em the full package. If not u get a nug jar lol
End of the day if it weren't for cheats this whole debate wouldn't be happening and that is sad. RICO u are right. If there's gain to be had. Someone will cheat.

Back
Top Bottom