• AfricanGrower - Orange Bud

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • BigIrishDoode - Durple Pream

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Icemud - Cookies

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If youre not a grower then you have no use for the prizes offered and if the nug was grown in your journal nobody could claim it as their own because it wouldnt be in their journal.

I see your point, but I would argue with this---

If your a good enough Grower to Grow a Nug of the Month, you dont need the prizes.
You already have it dialed in ya know?

Pretty sure BigIrishDoodle is not hurting for the prize package and nutes. :):)

p.s. Well stated 420 sir. :high-five:

Nope I'm pretty sure he isn't too. But the recognition maybe? The prestige is what it's all about the " nug of the month winner" in the name.....the prizes are a bonus. Weather one needs it or not mate. The prizes are pretty irrelivent to my point infact. Seems a waste for a non grower to have that title with a few posts to there name then to leave the site and it all of ment nothing to them. If everything was journeld it's more "earnt"
I hope I don't outcast myself in airing my view and there's nothing against u. I voted for ur "non grown nug" and u in mom.

I just dont see the point in rewarding someone for someone elses work and how could you be proud of that win if you didnt put in the effort

What effort?

Taking a good photo?

I don't think anyone grows a plant just to win "nug o' the month"

This is the only contest open to all, regardless of growing skills or presence on the boards.

That is a good thing :)

An interesting discussion. Whatever the rules are, in my book a nug that I could actually watch someone grow > a nug someone purchased or otherwise acquired > an image of a nug someone ginked. I reference "my book" when I cast my vote. It's entirely possible that one day I may cast a vote for a purchased nug - if there is a great story behind it, it was posted by a friend, someone I thought could really use the prize package, etc.

One of the things I love about the contests is there are often entries that spring from journals that were under my radar. I can seek out the member's journals and follow the evolution of the impressive plant or nug in the contest. It's the most bad-ass thing about the contests.

Each voter gets to decide how they vote. Your "book" may differ from mine. Elections are elections.

I disagree. Don't change the entry rules for NOTM, not everyone can grow those awesome prize winning nugs. That's what POTM is about. Growers get to show their stuff in that contest. By making NOTM self grown only, the contest becomes too elitist, and puts dreams of growing and using the prizes as a cost reducer out of the picture.

the only change i would like to see is the nug sitting on a piece of hand written paper with the persons screen name on it and the date, that would not be so easy to fake, as long as its hand written and has the members screen name then id have no concerns about the pic been faked,

when i enter notm or potm then ill make sure my screen name is visile and hand written, that way its not copy n paste onto a pic, or ask members to put something in the pic that we would all have, a spoon,rizzla packet etc etc, just one thing to prove the pic has been taken that month by the member who posted the pic

the only change i would like to see is the nug sitting on a piece of hand written paper with the persons screen name on it and the date, that would not be so easy to fake, as long as its hand written and has the members screen name then id have no concerns about the pic been faked,

when i enter notm or potm then ill make sure my screen name is visile and hand written, that way its not copy n paste onto a pic, or ask members to put something in the pic that we would all have, a spoon,rizzla packet etc etc, just one thing to prove the pic has been taken that month by the member who posted the pic
Hey DP,
IMO, this is a perfect compromise to things. You could still have your purchased nugs, your home grown nugs, your newbie and seasoned growers nugs.... everyone would still be able to enter and the pilfered photos would not be an issue because it would be so difficult to edit in whatever is chosen to be included in one of the photos for the entry. Dang, that was a long sentence, wasn't it? LOL
If I ever get to the point that I have a nug that I feel like I could enter, this would make me and others feel good about the fairness and honesty of the competition. Which is why I've been following this, future entries have been in my thoughts too.
It would be a relatively minor thing for the participants to do to prevent a big issue, IMO

I'm going to read through the previous discussions per 420's post too.

What if the non grower who won the contest becomes a grower with their prize package? Aren't we training beginner growers here?

Having read the arguments, at first I was all for NOTM being from a journaled grow. Reading further, and thinking about my own situation or something like the above, a new guy growing at it for the first time, I am forced to reconsider my thoughts about it.

I can remember what it was like on my first grow, and now that I am finally going to have a safe place to do so again and how psyched I am to get started back up.

*raises his glass to whoever may win* Good on ya'

hmm this an interesting debate for sure, what matters to me it that someone does not use another persons work, we all have our opinions and preferences,and i think thats very healthy, to be sure non growers were not disallowed was why i thought allowing a 3rd pic as validator might work, theres no perfect answer that fixes it so nobody can try to cheat,its gonna happen, the staff and smoke caught it thats the important thing, and caught it several times before in my 3 yrs as a member, i remember this discussion before, its a tough one.
as for wether i need the prizes well its a little embarrassing but the truth is i could use them for sure, im on a fixed income and quite low on base type stuff and the only thing i have for pests & problems is a little neem oil, so contrary to how things look it would be a big help to get all those goodies, and that butter machine i have been coveting for a long time lol it would be great for the friend i have that has cancer, i could make all sorts of tinctures and stuff for her, the new camera meant im eating alot of ramen this month! lol but yeah the tags up there by my name would sure be cool!! make me feel like a bad ass lol :thumb::circle-of-love::Namaste:

Damn....I'm getting the munchies just drooling over those nugs :) Mucho respect to you all. AG, you got my vote on this one :thumb:

I have to agree with BID on his idea of a 'validator vote' to settle things in future Nug of the Month contests and even Plant of the Month contests. The idea of having an entry photo that actually allows you to enter the contest could just be another requirement to the added "all entries before the 15th" for nominees of the month. This entry pic could include the main points that Don Paul suggested as well. Those were very good and show that each individual's picture is in fact genuine and their own.

Although this validator picture will be required to enter into the contest, we should still be allowed to post the normal 2 'entry' pictures that the members can vote for. As other members have recently stressed, the NotM contests has been shifting gears more on quality of photography, setting, symbolism, etc than on what the attributes of the bud are. I can say that my bud is not the best bud in the WORLD but with a decent camera and photoshop you can produce something that looks really clear and inviting!

In the end, if this idea does end up getting implemented, it can also be referenced in the Plant of the Month contests as well only to further verify the authenticity of the entries so an incident like this is deterred. I in fact think this should be implemented only because it is the the collective ideas of everyone one this forum who contributed to this thread and the monthly contests, and we are the ones who keep them up and running full of content and full of thoughtful discussion. This would be a shift in the RIGHT direction ;)

Durple Pream....... oh wow.. Now that is something that is going on my "strain to smoke" list

yowzaa

lol thank you it is some blow your socks off crap your pants wake up in another county with fresh body art,no memory of what happened yummydellic stuff, your not likely to find it in a dispensary or seedbank ,since it a cross i made, i will keep working with it and who knows maybe one day you will run across some, that or come to my hose for a sesh, its almost all gone, im gonna have to pop fresh beans soon,
i so with the technology would hurry up so we can send items thru a virtual 3d scanner/replicator, i would be sending out mass emails!:thumb:

I have to agree with BID on his idea of a 'validator vote' to settle things in future Nug of the Month contests and even Plant of the Month contests. The idea of having an entry photo that actually allows you to enter the contest could just be another requirement to the added "all entries before the 15th" for nominees of the month. This entry pic could include the main points that Don Paul suggested as well. Those were very good and show that each individual's picture is in fact genuine and their own.

Although this validator picture will be required to enter into the contest, we should still be allowed to post the normal 2 'entry' pictures that the members can vote for. As other members have recently stressed, the NotM contests has been shifting gears more on quality of photography, setting, symbolism, etc than on what the attributes of the bud are. I can say that my bud is not the best bud in the WORLD but with a decent camera and photoshop you can produce something that looks really clear and inviting!

In the end, if this idea does end up getting implemented, it can also be referenced in the Plant of the Month contests as well only to further verify the authenticity of the entries so an incident like this is deterred. I in fact think this should be implemented only because it is the the collective ideas of everyone one this forum who contributed to this thread and the monthly contests, and we are the ones who keep them up and running full of content and full of thoughtful discussion. This would be a shift in the RIGHT direction ;)

see it could work and not eliminate non growers, ,photoshop and all that can make it look nicer but it cant enhance whats not there to begin with, no matter how much you polish a turd its still a turd! (thank you gramma for that pearl of wisdom) lol

lol thank you it is some blow your socks off crap your pants wake up in another county with fresh body art,no memory of what happened yummydellic stuff, your not likely to find it in a dispensary or seedbank ,since it a cross i made, i will keep working with it and who knows maybe one day you will run across some, that or come to my hose for a sesh, its almost all gone, im gonna have to pop fresh beans soon,
i so with the technology would hurry up so we can send items thru a virtual 3d scanner/replicator, i would be sending out mass emails!:thumb:

Hey BID......I would HAPPILY interface for some of that awesome looking goodness my friend :)
If only lol

Back
Top Bottom