A Video Journal With Pigeons420 - 2016

:love: MUAH! :love:

Great videos. I learned quite a bit about feeding your seedlings this morning. I should watch the one on feeding your cannabis again. I'm really lost with the process. I'm a lazy organic soil grower. :laughtwo:

Thank you for what you do for us here. I wanted you to know how much we appreciate the effort. You're compiling an invaluable resource that's personalized for us. Makes us feel downright special. :circle-of-love:

That you're so good at it is icing on the cake. :hug: :love: :hug:

Good point about wearing gloves. I've been told that the oil from your fingers can cause the bulbs to explode over time. This hasn't happened to me because I wear a glove every time I change my bulb.
What are you thoughts concerning growers saying you should change your bulbs every two grows? I'm guessing you would notice a difference in your plants since you're so diligent. I'm guessing that's an old wives tale.

Cheers buddy

It only makes sense that the light will fade in effectiveness and efficiency after a while but every 2 grows would be slightly overkill or underkill. I've also heard people recommend this. But I don't think it's necessary.

On the box it specifically says to change every 24,000 hours. In 2 grows you barely use your bulb. If you assume that the flowering stage is 8 weeks then your only using your bulb for 672 hours a grow or 1344 hours for two grows. I don't think you've even worked the bulb in at this point.

However, I'm noticing now that my light is dimmer than it used to be and it's only been running for about 8000-12000 hours. The plants stil look wonderful but I'm noticing a difference in intensity. I don't need my sunglassss anymore to work in there.

:high-five:

Caught up on the videos.
Good electrical tips. What is the benefit of SOG over perpetual harvest with same plant numbers? To reduce having to do many different nutrient mixes?
If you are cutting down to three strains what happens to the others?

SmokeSara I am pretty sure you follow this thread. If so might I suggest you send one of your fancy new LED lights to Mr. Pigeons420? He is an excellent grower with over 500 people following him. He is a great guy that the public trusts to provide honest reviews. He also has many old hippy grow lights and should move up a few decades ;-) he could compare your new tech LED directly against his ballast lights and we could all see. Seems like a good deal for us all right ;-)

I don't think you have much to worry about. But for peace of mind perhaps take the bulb out and give it a wipe with a cloth. I think you'll be just fine.

I have touched my bulbs before.
:thumb:

Way back when I took audio-visual aids in school, we we taught to clean bulbs with iso alcohol while holding with a cloth. After cleaning, re-install using gloves or a cloth.

SmokeSara I am pretty sure you follow this thread. If so might I suggest you send one of your fancy new LED lights to Mr. Pigeons420? He is an excellent grower with over 500 people following him. He is a great guy that the public trusts to provide honest reviews. He also has many old hippy grow lights and should move up a few decades ;-) he could compare your new tech LED directly against his ballast lights and we could all see. Seems like a good deal for us all right ;-)

:rofl:

This caught my attention right away! Firstly, I don't think she follows this thread. I'm a pretty hardcore HID guy. Secondly, I've never once grown with LED. And to be perfectly honest, I'm at a point where I'm not ready for change. I think I've got this figured out and I can't afford a new variable. Especially something as dramatic as a new light source! :rofl:

Thanks for the love though my man!

Great videos as always. I can't afford to replace bulbs as often as recommended. I did however replace all 6 flouro tubes in my veg light and both HPS bulbs just about 3 months ago. The existing bulbs had about 5 years use on them and still grew fat buds. But, I have to admit that my girls under the new bulbs look like they are going to yield more than my last few previous grows.

I use a clean cloth or paper towel to handle the bulb instead of gloves.

I just don't understand why my 1000w Hortilux Eye cost $50 when the 600w Hortilux Eye cost $70? WTH?

P.S. Don't mean to highjack your journal, but I made a short documentary video of my setup and current grow. It jus proves that a very small area no matter how tacky and ghetto it is can produce nice buds.

Enjoy:

:hug::hug::hug:

What is the benefit of SOG over perpetual harvest with same plant numbers? Is it just to reduce the number of different nutrient mixes?
If you are cutting down to three strains what happens to the others?

Yes I seen this comment yesterday, sorry bud!

1) I'm always trying something new
2) I should avg. an ounce a clone.
3) 1 square foot per plant
4) same strain increases simplicity of feedings
5) keeps down pests and disease

I think I could come up with more but I've gotta head to work.

I'm not eliminating any strains. I'm getting bigger. I would like a SOG on one side of my room and other strains and trained plants on the other side of the room. Variety is a must around here. But I need to make a big stalk pile of herb for future endeavors ;)

:passitleft:

Great videos as always. I can't afford to replace bulbs as often as recommended. I did however replace all 6 flouro tubes in my veg light and both HPS bulbs just about 3 months ago. The existing bulbs had about 5 years use on them and still grew fat buds. But, I have to admit that my girls under the new bulbs look like they are going to yield more than my last few previous grows.

I use a clean cloth or paper towel to handle the bulb instead of gloves.

I just don't understand why my 1000w Hortilux Eye cost $50 when the 600w Hortilux Eye cost $70? WTH?

P.S. Don't mean to highjack your journal, but I made a short documentary video of my setup and current grow. It jus proves that a very small area no matter how tacky and ghetto it is can produce nice buds.

:hug::hug::hug:

Nice video GG. Thanks for the nickel tour. I'll join you in a bowl or two. :hug::hug::hug:

Conversation and a hoot, shall we?

I enjoy the rambling Saturday morning wake 'n bake episodes. :laughtwo: Over 600 subscribers! :high-five:

I'm coming to the bottom of my stash before my next harvest date. A dear friend made it financially possible for me to purchase some off the street to carry me through, so I wouldn't have to be stressed. He wasn't buying that I'd just deal with the stress. :battingeyelashes: :love: So I picked up an ounce. That process makes me incredibly uneasy, perpetuating a dangerous stereotype.

Growing my own has spoiled me. In the past I'd have been satisfied with this purchase. Yesterday I pulled out the loupe and went looking at these pressed buds. Not a single trichome standing. You and I know it was tumbled before it was pressed into bricks. Someone else is enjoying the cream of this crop. It also makes me wonder what strain it was, because if it can give me this buzz when it's been stripped of the cream you have to expect that unmolested it might have rivaled what we grow.

It also came presented as an ounce, but weighed a mere 20 grams. I suppose their math skills were compromised. I knew to expect this, but the audacity of it shocked me. I didn't weigh it in front of him. No need for him to know I'm not your average quiet grandmother. I paid a reasonable price considering I only got 3/4 of what I was promised.

And they wonder why we want the right to grow our own. :straightface:

Hope you don't mind the rant. It felt good to get it off my chest. I have happier things to dwell on today. The happy part of the rant is I won't run out. He said that's what friends do. I sure have a lot of generous friends. :love:

:love: :hug: :hug: :love:

I enjoy the rambling Saturday morning wake 'n bake episodes. :laughtwo: Over 600 subscribers! :high-five:

Comments I can't leave on YouTube:

I'm coming to the bottom of my stash before my next harvest date. A dear friend made it financially possible for me to purchase some off the street to carry me through, so I wouldn't have to be stressed. He wasn't buying that I'd just deal with the stress. :battingeyelashes: :love: So I picked up an ounce. That process makes me incredibly uneasy, perpetuating a dangerous stereotype.

Growing my own has spoiled me. In the past I'd have been satisfied with this purchase. Yesterday I pulled out the loupe and went looking at these pressed buds. Not a single trichome standing. You and I know it was tumbled before it was pressed into bricks. Someone else is enjoying the cream of this crop. It also makes me wonder what strain it was, because if it can give me this buzz when it's been stripped of the cream you have to expect that unmolested it might have rivaled what we grow.

It also came presented as an ounce, but weighed a mere 20 grams. I suppose their math skills were compromised. I knew to expect this, but the audacity of it shocked me. I didn't weigh it in front of him. No need for him to know I'm not your average quiet grandmother. I paid a reasonable price considering I only got 3/4 of what I was promised.

And they wonder why we want the right to grow our own. :straightface:

Hope you don't mind the rant. It felt good to get it off my chest. I have happier things to dwell on today. The happy part of the rant is I won't run out. He said that's what friends do. I sure have a lot of generous friends. :love:

:love: :hug: :hug: :love:

For heavens sake Susan, that's horrible!! I can almost forgive a guy for selling me shitty herb but I can't forgive a guy for shorting me 8 GRAMS!! Although I know that selling herb on the street doesn't require much for work experience but those that aren't very good at math tend to loose money more often than they come up with ways to make it!!

I can't stand street herb. Mainly because I don't know anything about it. But of course, left without any choice I'd be sure to go and find some but damn!

I always appreciate having you around on saturdays Susan!!

:love: MUAH:love:

Hey Pigeons and friends....please don't hesitate to ask me ANY electrical Q's....remember...journeyman for 30 years OK...i wanna give back to this community!. Cheers everyone!:circle-of-love:

This is great Duggan! You bet your ass I'll be asking questions and sending people your way for Electrical questions. It sure is great to have someone of your skill set so willing to share!

Much love my man!

Joining in a little late but from what I see it appears to be a never ending story.

Why, Hello Greensmurf!!

Please make yourself comfortable around here. The story is just about to the best part, so, you're just in time!

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to chime in, we're family around here.

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom